• Future Collectability
    • Unit identification plaques
    • ADM's on GT500's forced my decision
    • Never planned on purchase, it just happened
    • The Hertz Rental influenced my decission
    • No particular reason, it's just a cool ride
    • Automatic transmission option
    • Convertible avalibility in 08
    • Finally, a chance to make my dream come true!

My old six -banger (automatic) was giving me some problems here and there and the Boss (wifey :D ) said well, why don't you get a new car. I was like....WTF??? Let me think about what you just said I told her. What's the reason she is letting me buy a new vehicle,I said to myself. First thing that came to mind is that I could make it sound like a early graduation present,early B-day gift or she wants something big(upgrade on the engagement ring) but it was none of the above. She simply told me that she knows how much I love mustangs and that I take care of my oldie and it was just a gesture of thanks she told me. She said that when I came back from Iraq in 2003 she knew I wanted to buya 03' Terminator but being a married guy with bigger responsibilites I chose to put my hard earned money towards a house,so the 03 Cobra never happened and till' this day she felt really bad about the situation,I just let it go because if it's one thing I've learned being a combat vet. is that things happened for a reason. If I did not go to combat and returned with all the money for being overseas,tax free and so forth I would've never had a house.So now 5 years latter with equity on the house (happens for a reason) I can now use equity money to buy a new car. I wanted a GT500 but the prices were way out of my league here in Miami so I wanted a special mustang not just a GT so I kept looking and BAM!!!!! I found out about the SGT,I live in Miami and here those are hard to come by and if you do,the prices are out of this world...so I kept looking for a month and I found a used one in Alabama, having great credit and equity is a wonderful thing. The dealer wanted $35000 for it and it was used so I told him that I am limited to $30000,call me if he was willing to do it. I told him that also he would have to take more money off of it because I would have to fly up there and drive down...mind you this was at like the 25/26 of March(end of the minth is the best time) so the Gen manager said it has been on the lot for a while and they are tired of it being there so I got it for $29,500 with everything inlcuded, it only had 1200 miles on it,2007 #405 was destined to be my new car. I flew up there and at it's first turnkey...I heard the exhaust note and it was a done deal. I had a smile from the West coast to the East coast....I love this car and boy does it turn heads everywhere I go,my wife loves it also. So that's my story.....now I am in my last semester for RN school,ya think she'll go for the supercharger??????

My six banger-she still looks great huh?

Mustang1.jpg

The new toy....SGT Black,#405!!!!

ShelbyHomestead011.jpg

My Shelby GT purchase was an impulse purchase. I didn’t even know there was such an animal. I stopped by Dale Jarret Ford just out of curiosity to see what I could buy a Mustang GT for. The first thing I say was the Mustang GT California Special. I loved it except for the two tone interior. I made what I thought was a ridiculous offer but after some exchanges they got within $500 of my offer. Due to not being turned on by the interior I went home and shortly afterward I received a call. They were ready to take my offer. Upon making a call to my financial “guy” to withdraw some cash he said “I’ve got a guy that will save you big bucks”. COOL!! It seems his personal friend and major investor, heavily involved in Nascar & a Bruton Smith cronnie, works through several Ford dealers locally. Connected guy called me a few minutes later and said he could save me some bucks on the California Special but could give a better deal on a Rousch Stage ? that he’d just brought back from Vegas or an ’07 Shelby GT. "A Shelby what", I said. I had of course heard of the Shelby GT 500 but not a Shelby GT. Anyway, about 20 minutes later I was at the dealership. The Rousch was nice with Chip Foose wheels but the styling seemed a little over the top for me. I’m old school and the 20” wheels are a turn off for me. When I saw the SGT I was sold. Remember, I said it was an impulse buy. Thank God he offered me a great price as I’d probably have auctioned the farm to buy it. I’ve still got the silly grin on my face. I love it.

Jim

I had just got back from my 2nd tour in Iraq and I was having lunch with my wife. I told her I was thinking about trading my truck in and getting a new one. She just laughed and told me to go look. I walked into the dealer and they had a Black Sgt and a White GT 500 Vert. The salesman starting joking with me and said he could see my hair blowing in the air (I’m bald) as I drive away in the Shelby Vert. I laughed and told him no but I can see me driving away in that Black one though. I guess I took him by surprise as I told him to pull it outside so we could take it for a drive and get permission from my wife to buy it. At this point I never even looked at the price and to this day I don’t care if I got a good deal or I got totally slammed. The conversations it brought me, the looks I get and smiles it puts on strangers faces is worth every penny. I feel privileged to be able to say yeh it’s a Shelby and the feeling I get inside when I say it. Well I think ever Shelby owner knows the feeling I am talking about and you can’t put a price on that! Enjoy them no matter what make or model because the only thing that matters is it's a SHELBY!

We checked 3 reasons why we bought our SGT

1. Shelby name

2. Love at first sight

3. Did not plan a purchase

I would like to add another one not on the list

1. Needed a vert with a backseat (for the 3 year old)

This is Boss Bronco's wife and this is our story :

Was bored after work one day and decided to cruise the Ford lot to look at the Mustangs. A big beautiful black vert GT screamed "buy me, buy me !!!". 30 minutes later I was signing on the dotted line and driving off leaving my PAID FOR 07 Lexus ES 350 (ie: the mommymobile) behind !!

My husband got home from work and thought I was pulling a prank. He drove the stang and loved it but reminded me that I need something for the winter, the rain, and the baby. I started to get depressed.

I called the dealership the next morning and told them I was coming back after the mommymobile. THey weren't happy with me, needless to say. Already had someone that wanted my Lexus; but, they let me switch back.

Hubby came home that evening and heard the story of me taking back the vert. He had already surfed the set and found some performance parts he wanted. He informed me that 'this emotional roller coaster was too much for him !..LOL

He decided we did need a vert with a backseat and told me to call the dealership and inform them that we were coming back for the black GT but would not be trading anything. I was over the moon. We drove back over and they pulled the Shelby out of the bay for us to look at. It was scheduled to go to auction the next day.

Needless to day, it was LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT. We both wanted the Shelby, so that is the one we purchased and we have been thrilled with our decision ever since !! (Barry said they probably took bets if we would bring it back...hehe)

It is the funnest toy we've ever had and we've had a Trans Am, a Camaro, a Jeep CJ7, and two Harleys. We can take the baby with us and she screams "ride, ride". This vert will be in our lives for a long time !!

That is the story of our union with CSM # 08SGT0934 !!!! :dance:

Archived