TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Wheel Hop

I do believe that the GT500 is programmed to allow a little wheel spin with TC on for hard launches...I still think TC on is safer for streets.

Yes, it does, and yes, it is. I have a problem with forgetting to turn the damn thing off all the time. It sucks getting old! I wish I could disable it like I could with my Mustang GT.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, it does, and yes, it is. I have a problem with forgetting to turn the damn thing off all the time. It sucks getting old! I wish I could disable it like I could with my Mustang GT.

fish tailing ...i can live with...Doing a donut on a public road may not be that fun.......

fish tailing ...i can live with...Doing a donut on a public road may not be that fun.......

I personally don't like the TC on unless it's winter. I've never had a problem controlling the throttle on the street. I tend to forget to turn the damn thing off when I start the car to race. This last Saturday my SVTOA group went to an 1/8 mile track in Jackson, TN. The first two runs I forgot to turn it off. When I finally remembered to turn it off my speed shot up by 3 MPH with a substantial drop in ET.

I installed my "Grabberized" BMR LCAs and adjustable panhard bar on Saturday. The fit and finish was first rate.

Jared: Thanks for the great service. I was surprised when FedEx delivered them on Saturday and proceeded with the install. Props to Lethal Performance!

Grabber, I plagiarized your idea of using plastic coated cable clamps and self-tapping screws to secure the E-brake cable. It makes it so clean. Thanks.

Thanks a bunch. I'm glad to hear that you got your parts ok and the install went well. Let me know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Jared

well i put the bmr lca's on yesterday and all i can say is what a difference wheelhop is gone. the installation was not that bad i did the job right in the driveway it took about an hour and a half .any one looking to get rid of the wheelhop i would recomend them they are as good as advertised well worth every penny

did the rear shift sideways? did you keep the stock panhard?

I Installed the Ford Racing Springs, actually just the rear and my car sits level and looks great. I did not go with an adjustable panhard rod, my offset was less than a quarter inch.

Hey I see you live in Rochester Hills, I just moved from Rochester Hills to Rochester in March. I will watch for you on woodward. I went up last Saturday and parked at Normandy and Woodward and by 9:30 we had three Shelby's and 10 other mustangs all parked together. WQe all hung out until 11:00 PM.

I work in rochester urgent care next to Chuck E Cheese's on auburn and rochester road....that will be great. I take her out to woodward on nice days when am off work (which is usually rare...lol) but looking forward to meet.

Edit: today i work until 4 pm only and it looks like a nice day i may take her out to woodward in the evening.

did the rear shift sideways? did you keep the stock panhard?

It was installed and aligned by a Shelby shop. No mention was made of an offset, and none is visible. And, yes, it has the stock Panhard.

• 2 weeks later...
I work in rochester urgent care next to Chuck E Cheese's on auburn and rochester road....

Man do I miss Chuck E Cheese. There's one not too far from me and I feel a magnetic pull sometimes when I pass it. Atleast now I have a son so I've got an excuse to go..

Back to stoppin the Hop!!

"Grabberized" BMR Control Arms in stock with same day shipping and a Free Lethal Skull and Crossbone T-Shirt for all Team Shelby Members!!

Traction Control = More crap to protect us from ourselves. If I decide to floor it going into second gear at 50mph, turn the car sideways and wrap it around a telephone pole, I call that being a candidate for a Darwin Award.

Yes..I have turned my car sideways a few times.

Man do I miss Chuck E Cheese. There's one not too far from me and I feel a magnetic pull sometimes when I pass it. Atleast now I have a son so I've got an excuse to go..

:hysterical:

"Grabberized" BMR Control Arms in stock with same day shipping and a Free Lethal Skull and Crossbone T-Shirt for all Team Shelby Members!!

Thx for the BMR Jared.....this was a money well spent......i love them and wheel hop is history, and no i have no stock investment in BMR.

• 4 weeks later...
I Installed the Ford Racing Springs, actually just the rear and my car sits level and looks great. I did not go with an adjustable panhard rod, my offset was less than a quarter inch.

After you installed the ffrp springs did it change the quality of the ride much? Do you really notice a difference in handeling.Is the wheel hop gone????? I am looking at doing this mostly for the look, but might is well get some gain while I am at it. thanks Mike

Archived