TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My order has been pulled

venom07

I just got a call from my dealer today telling me that Ford has pulled my order for my Shelby and it should be ready in 5-6 weeks!!! Since a lot of you have already passed this milestone with your cars, is the 5-6 week timeframe accurate? I want to know because I am going to fly out there and road trip it back home. :party:

I just got a call from my dealer today telling me that Ford has pulled my order for my Shelby and it should be ready in 5-6 weeks!!! Since a lot of you have already passed this milestone with your cars, is the 5-6 week timeframe accurate? I want to know because I am going to fly out there and road trip it back home. :party:

Are you trying to pick it up at the factory, I think you have to make special arrangements to do that, I am not sure of the details but anyway :cheerleader: I got mine early and it was one of those really late ones 6 weeks after it was produced, but worth the wait.

No, I am going to pick it up at the dealership. It is in Illinois and I am in Colorado.

Mine was Serialized 6/08/06, Production Date 6/27/06, Dealership Arrival 8/03/06. The car sat at the plant for some extra time due to plant shut down , tape stripe issues, extra inspections.

venom07:

here is how my car schedule is looking now:

order date 6/30

schedule date 7/20 (serialized)

build date 8/16

est delivery 8/28

the jury is still out as to when i will get my car?? assuming ford is straight up regarding the "no hold" status, i should get the call any day now. so...6-7 weeks should be pretty accurate.

No one seemed to answer the question, it's a good one, my car order was just pulled last week, as well. So everyone -- should we expect our cars in 6 weeks?

Too many variables to predict. This has been discussed ad nauseum on the forum. 6 weeks is a ballpark figure, but we've seen some go much much longer. If you EXPECT 6 weeks, you may be highly frustrated when that date comes and goes.

Good luck and be patient.

Dave

Venom, is your dealer an SVT dealer, or Pres. award winner, or just a certified dealer?

My dealer is an SVT dealer. I don't think they are a PA dealer. Do you think that makes a difference as to how fast the build process is? I thought that just had to do with how soon your order was pulled.

Venon07 is this the dealer first car in for your order?

My dealer is an SVT dealer. I don't think they are a PA dealer. Do you think that makes a difference as to how fast the build process is? I thought that just had to do with how soon your order was pulled.

You are right. I'm just interested if they are pulling orders for the bottom rung dealers yet- like mine.

Hans,

It is my understanding that the first car my dealer has ordered has been built but not delivered yet. I am number 6 from my dealer. I wasn't really expecting a call for some time but am pleasently surprised to be getting mine so soon (I hope :)).

Vermon07 I have a deposit at my dealer since Dec 05 and ordered mine march 16th and still on material hold, my dealer is SVT, pres award they have first car delevered last month, mine is second one to their four for 07. I have Already cleaned out my garage and bought a few itiems for the new car. The no news from Ford is killing us all.

Vermon07 I have a deposit at my dealer since Dec 05 and ordered mine march 16th and still on material hold, my dealer is SVT, pres award they have first car delevered last month, mine is second one to their four for 07. I have Already cleaned out my garage and bought a few itiems for the new car. The no news from Ford is killing us all.

I can tell you this. The dealer here in South La. where Fastbackman got his car delivered their third car of five already. 2nd to Fastbackman and the third was a tungsten coupe stripes delete delivered locally.

I can tell you this. The dealer here in South La. where Fastbackman got his car delivered their third car of five already. 2nd to Fastbackman and the third was a tungsten coupe stripes delete delivered locally.

That really surprised me when Andy called five days after I got mine to tell me they already got the third one in. I didn't expect them to have it for at least another month. Worth noting though, this car was a striped delete. I think striping is what held mine up so long.

That is interesting. I guess I really don't understand the order these cars are getting pulled. I guess for now I'll just sit back try not to think too much about this whole process. It makes me very anxious. When my car comes then I'll figure out how to get to my dealer so I can have my road trip. I really hope it isn't in the dead of winter though. I don't think I want to be driving my Shelby through a snow storm.

OK, I know this isn't really earth-shattering news but I need to tell someone and the people on this site are the most likely to appreciate my excitement. Today I was given a VIN and a projected build date of 9/26. Hopefully I'll be see my new Shelby in October. :rockon:

Kirk

OK, I know this isn't really earth-shattering news but I need to tell someone and the people on this site are the most likely to appreciate my excitement. Today I was given a VIN and a projected build date of 9/26. Hopefully I'll be see my new Shelby in October. :rockon:

Kirk

Here is a story for you to consider.

Got my VIN # and a build date of August 4th on July 21.

Dealer gave me a delivery to him between Aug. 19-26.

I called the Ford customer service, they also gave me a delivery at dealers lot Aug. 19-26.

My dealer told me that his #4 & #5 car were to arrive on the same date (I am #5) of Aug. 24/25.

#4 actually arrived on 29th of Aug. Mine did not show up.

Dealer tells me now that my car is MIA (Missing in action) and even Ford can not trace it.

Today is Sept. 8th - still no word on my car.

OK - My dealer has been totally honest and straight up with me and I do know that his car #4 arrived when he said that it did, because the owner of car #4 follows this website as well. I alos do know that my car is secure because I actually have a bill of sale / invoice with all of the particulars on it. So that leaves me to guess - Was the car stolen or is the clutch problem that you have been reading about on the site a real issue.

Its all speculation but if I was you I would not make any travel arrangements until the car actually is in the dealers lot and he can touch it. In fact my dealer also told me straight out not to make any travel plans for a car, to many uncontrollable things can go on. I have to go 1200 KM's to get mine.

Ok, here is my status: Ordered on May 9th

Serialized around Aug 1st

Build date of Aug. 16th

Just got to the dealer yesterday, Sept. 7th

This was 2 weeks ahead of schedule. NO production stoppage or "hold at plant", only delayed about 900 cars about a week for clutch inspection. Found 2 cars that needed clutch tweeking. This is my dealers second car and it is a vert. Was in stripe shop 3-4 days before being released. I hope this helps.

Oh yeah, I forgot, it was a truck delivery. It seems most hold ups are at the rail yard. If the delivery point is within 300 miles, chances are it is a truck delivery, but no guaretee of that happening, it depends on when they fill a truck.

• 2 weeks later...

Kirk,

My BlackSnake will be delivered between Sept. 29 and Oct. 6. Sept. 18 build date, production and delivery times have currently been streamlined, no backup. I'll be getting sideways soon -- hope you will be too.

Hey, Congratulations!!! That is great news. I am hoping for mine in mid-October. It seems like a long time away. I am starting to see a few around where I live and they look great!

:rockon:

Kirk

Archived