TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Quantum Performance Open House Today!!!

motorjock205

Had a BLAST at Quantum Performance Grand Opening this morning!!! Wife and I got there at about 9:30 AM, I was driving by the front entrance heading to the parking lot when an Officer and someone from Quantum came toward me and asked me if I had registered to have my car in the show..."No, I've just driven in from Odessa." "Would you like to have your car in the show?" Wife says "Sure!" "Whip in here and park right in front of the mod shop."

GREAT! Met some of you nice people from the fourm, Treavor (Hope you got your car back today...I still want pics of that hood!), ShelbyTexan, and others...What a great showing of SGT's! Stock, Supercharged, everything! It was just plain great seeing all those beautiful cars together! Thanks everyone for putting up with me! After hearing the Whipple on the Black SGT, I've gotta get one of those...gotta start playing the lottery or something, get a second job (wife's choice), or something!

Hope everyone else had as much fun as I did! We're in LaFayette, LA tonight on our way to Disney World then the Florida Keys...

Everyone be safe and have a great summer!!!

+1

A great time was had indeed!! I did get my SGT back today. That CS6 hood was a !@#$% but the people at Quantum Performance delivered!! I have to say, and I mean this with every ounce of honesty and integrity..... That hood lines up perfect and the color matches EXACTLY!!!! I was really concerned about the Vista Blue color match and getting the flake in the painted stripes right. . . . They did "Show Car" quality work and then some on that paint job/install. Stripes were burried in the clear and they look AWESOME!!

I know y'all will only wait so long for the photos - When I get home on Monday, I'll pull them off the digital camera and get some posted here on the forum for everyone to behold!! I'll work on a photobucket account to get the rest of the photos of the car show and open house event that I took up so everyone can see the excellent selection of cars that were there!

Was good to see everone there - I didn't get to meet Kevin's sister, but I made some new friends and got to see some sweet cars!!

Trevor

Ahh, so that was you who pulled in with the blue SGT. My wife and I looked at your car several times. We left about 9:45-9:50.

Yup, that was us! We saw your car sitting on the street as we pulled in, then next thing I saw was you driving off going up Diplomat...Sorry I missed you, I did want to meet you, perhaps another time...Hope you enjoyed what you saw...It isn't much, but it'll change as time goes by...

+1

A great time was had indeed!! I did get my SGT back today. That CS6 hood was a !@#$% but the people at Quantum Performance delivered!! I have to say, and I mean this with every ounce of honesty and integrity..... That hood lines up perfect and the color matches EXACTLY!!!! I was really concerned about the Vista Blue color match and getting the flake in the painted stripes right. . . . They did "Show Car" quality work and then some on that paint job/install. Stripes were burried in the clear and they look AWESOME!!

I know y'all will only wait so long for the photos - When I get home on Monday, I'll pull them off the digital camera and get some posted here on the forum for everyone to behold!! I'll work on a photobucket account to get the rest of the photos of the car show and open house event that I took up so everyone can see the excellent selection of cars that were there!

Was good to see everone there - I didn't get to meet Kevin's sister, but I made some new friends and got to see some sweet cars!!

Trevor

Great looking car. My GT500 is down for some warranty work. I wish I good have brought it.

Here is pick I took today.

post-10829-1212294367.jpg

post-10829-1212294367.jpg

There she is! That's #0758 getting the CS6 Hood installed! To be honest, I didn't even take any pictures of the hood being installed...... :headscratch:

Thank you, SVT-GT500, for the compliment and for posting that pic. . . . . I'll get some of the finished product posted asap!

My sister and brother in law said they had a great time. They also said there were a lot of great looking cars and nice folks to talk to. Turns out my sister and Josh Crown went to the same highschool, so they talked about life in Garland for a good bit while my brother in law took some pics of my car (won't get them till Monday - bummer!)

I really wish I could've been there to meet y'all! It souds like iut was a really good time!

MOTOR-JOCK ,GET THAT KITCHEN STARTED.YOU NO THE DRILL,NO KITCHEN NO SUPERCHARGER. NICE MEETING YOU AND YOUR WIFE AT THE SHOW. T CLARK , I MISSED MEETING YOU AND YOUR WIFE BUT SAW YOUR CAR AND IT LOOKED GREAT. I SAW YOUR CAR AT THE DOUBLETREE WHERE YA'LL WERE STAYING AS I WAS THERE TO. I WAS GOING TO CATCH YA'LL THIS MORNING BUT YA'LL HAD LEFT .HAVE A SAFE TRIP HOME.

MOTOR-JOCK ,GET THAT KITCHEN STARTED.YOU NO THE DRILL,NO KITCHEN NO SUPERCHARGER. NICE MEETING YOU AND YOUR WIFE AT THE SHOW. T CLARK , I MISSED MEETING YOU AND YOUR WIFE BUT SAW YOUR CAR AND IT LOOKED GREAT. I SAW YOUR CAR AT THE DOUBLETREE WHERE YA'LL WERE STAYING AS I WAS THERE TO. I WAS GOING TO CATCH YA'LL THIS MORNING BUT YA'LL HAD LEFT .HAVE A SAFE TRIP HOME.

Man!!! I did't know you were at the Doubletree - shoulda left me a note on the windshield or something. I am sorry that my Pops and I missed ya! We just crossed into Kansas as I was typing this. I'm suprised that my internet card works as well as it has out here on I-35! I'm working on trying to get back down for Terlingua in October. Stay in touch!! I'm not impartial to making another road trip to meet up for some type of event.

Am I the first known 2008 SGT with the CS6 hood?? If so - that's cool!

Stay tuned for pictures of the event!

Sounds like a first class orginization. Also sounds like everyone had a great time! Can't wait for the pics! :)

Yes, everyone was very helpful with questions, and happy to assist...The fellowship among this group is great too! Sorry you couldn't make it to the event, and hope you get better soon after that nasty spider bite...Kinda hard to figure out what kind it was that bit you when they have to scrape it off of the sole of your boot...right? LOL

Just get better man, and we'll hope to see you at another event! BTW, Thanks for all of the information on the pit stripes...Several people have made comments about how the silver looks on my Blue SGT, and of course, all of the comments have been praise...It sure is fun answering questions about the car!

LMAO...Yup, I've got to get on that ASAP when we get back home after this vacation...AND figure out how to get a REALLY good raise in July from my company!!! One more year, and the child support is over to the EX...That'll be a nice raise in itself! LOL It was great to meet you, wish we could have talked a little longer, but we had to hit the road on this trip to Florida. We spent part of today in the French Quarter in New Orleans...we've got to plan a longer trip back to that...there's just too much to see in part of a day, but we had fun anyway...We're in Bilouxi right now...the scenery has changed soooo much down here since Katrina 3 years ago...ALL of the beautiful old houses that were on US 90 are all gone now...sad...so much history lost in one natural disaster. Apparently, re-building has been slow, because there are still an awful lot of places where you can see the damage in Gulfport and Bilouxi. Oh well, we're heading for Destin, FL in the morning to spend a day or two there, then on to Disney World and the Keys...

BTW, So far the car has averaged about 25 MPG running 75 - 80 MPH most of the time so I don't think I'm going to need a re-tune with the Steeda Cold Air elbow that I installed, and It seems to have just a little more kick, not much, but I do notice just a little...I definately HEAR more from under the hood than with the factory bellows elbow...but that's ok too!

Be safe everyone and have a GREAT Summer! We Are!

Here are a few pics that I took of the Quantum Performance open house. Enjoy!

I really like the white one......

SGT#3670, if you want some help with the hood pins give me a shout.

Anyways, it was nice hanging out with you and meeting everyone else from the forums that was there!

I really like the white one......

SGT#3670, if you want some help with the hood pins give me a shout.

Anyways, it was nice hanging out with you and meeting everyone else from the forums that was there!

Really? Cool, might try and tackle it this weekend.

OK - here's all the photos that I took at the open house! Sorry for the delay in getting them all posted.

I'm working on getting more photos of my SGT up on photobucket also!

ENJOY!!

Thank you for the compliments on the hood - you've got to see it in person to appreciate the quality of work they did on it!

http://s299.photobucket.com/albums/mm319/T...20Open%20House/

I've corrected the link in the previous message and have posted it again here:

http://s299.photobucket.com/albums/mm319/T...20Open%20House/

Kevin - be sure to look for the Album named "Kevin Look Here" - Pics of your SGT are in that folder

Enjoy! Sorry about the mix-up - I'm a rookie - remember?? :superhero:

Archived