TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Terminator vs GT500, similar horsepower

Guest evilchris

Guest evilchris

Term is still modded...what if Shelby had same mods?

I thought you had been saying that all along...can't compare modded to unmodded?

I posted a thread with some video clips of a modded Term vs a modded GT500. The GT500 is dgussin's and he has a tune gaining him like 40RWHP, which I consider "modded". Quit picking fights.

The Terminator is great car, I had an 03, it screamed. Cool video Chris. My only comment is that I think it will take a little time to figure out how the mods are going to work on the Shelby.

I think the terminator is working with about a 400 lb weight advantage but about a 50 cu. in disadvantage. If you think about it, that should make them about even. Look at the bright side some terminators can get in the 10's, so should the Shelby.

Now whats to argue about that. :rockon:

:violin:

Still sounds like a :violin::hysterical2:

actually, he was quite nice about the whole thing in his request to me. He is working hard to get his shelby modded, and was very excited about sharing his experiences. While some many may not agree with what he did, driving fast holding a video camera, some here jumped his shit pretty hard. Either you are not familiar with his thread, or you lack empathy for what was said about him. No one on this site deserves to be treated poorly, even if you disagree with what they say or do. this would be a pretty boring site if we all thought and acted the same. I am starting to believe that this site has too many that are just looking for a fight or a chance to belittle others. that is not what I am here for.

actually, he was quite nice about the whole thing in his request to me. He is working hard to get his shelby modded, and was very excited about sharing his experiences. While some many may not agree with what he did, driving fast holding a video camera, some here jumped his shit pretty hard. Either you are not familiar with his thread, or you lack empathy for what was said about him. No one on this site deserves to be treated poorly, even if you disagree with what they say or do. this would be a pretty boring site if we all thought and acted the same. I am starting to believe that this site has too many that are just looking for a fight or a chance to belittle others. that is not what I am here for.

I guess I didnt notice the earlier threads, I really want to see what he does with the Shelby. I think it has great potential. And as for some of the comments remember "He who laughs last, laughs loudest" Actually the violins were those who want to pick on the information furnished. No offense to "da man" :shift:

I guess I didnt notice the earlier threads, I really want to see what he does with the Shelby. I think it has great potential. And as for some of the comments remember "He who laughs last, laughs loudest" Actually the violins were those who want to pick on the information furnished. No offense to "da man" :shift:

its all cool; he is a pretty active poster over on modularfords and svtperformance. Other than the pro outfit, evolution performance, I think he is likely to be the one to start first to really push the limits of the shelby. Worth watching and waiting, and darn..........waiting is all I seem to be doing right now :hysterical:

its all cool; he is a pretty active poster over on modularfords and svtperformance. Other than the pro outfit, evolution performance, I think he is likely to be the one to start first to really push the limits of the shelby. Worth watching and waiting, and darn..........waiting is all I seem to be doing right now :hysterical:

Yeah, the waiting is what make's some people react :wacko: but I really want to see what works and we all should be appreciative of those who go out and spend their time and money and let us benefit from the R and D for zilch :rant:

So my hat's off to anyone who has the guts to post any performance information here. Some of the other posts.....eh! Now when it comes to funny, we need lots more of that :hysterical:

I have not seen a test where a truly stock Term went 12.25...... ;)

Sure it may get close. But we are'nt exactly playing with grenades here.

Any stock shortblock beyond 600 horse is exactly that. The amazing part is how spoiled we are as blue oval fans. It takes a weekend and you are into power levels that were the exclusive realm of serious race cars just 10 years ago. And if your careful, you may even keep your bumper to bumper intact. What a cool time to be a fan. I just hope Ford has the forsight to keep stretching as a company, as obviously we are ready willing and able to keep paying for real hi-performance... :party:

Any stock shortblock beyond 600 horse is exactly that. The amazing part is how spoiled we are as blue oval fans. It takes a weekend and you are into power levels that were the exclusive realm of serious race cars just 10 years ago. And if your careful, you may even keep your bumper to bumper intact. What a cool time to be a fan. I just hope Ford has the forsight to keep stretching as a company, as obviously we are ready willing and able to keep paying for real hi-performance... :party:

+1 :shift:

+1 :shift:

Man, I just love pulley and belts and tunes and exhaust and intakes.

In 1964 when I had my first car a 56 Ford 312 Y Block, you could at best get a re-ground cam, port the heads and intake, mill the heads, get headers and change the gears. If you got a second in the 1/4 you were lucky as it was likely an unproven combination

Viva la Blower :happy feet:

The Terminator is great car, I had an 03, it screamed. Cool video Chris. My only comment is that I think it will take a little time to figure out how the mods are going to work on the Shelby.

I think the terminator is working with about a 400 lb weight advantage but about a 50 cu. in disadvantage. If you think about it, that should make them about even. Look at the bright side some terminators can get in the 10's, so should the Shelby.

Now whats to argue about that. :rockon:

Sorry but we're only talking < 200 lbs.........vs the Term, not 400

Guest evilchris

Sorry but we're only talking < 200 lbs.........vs the Term, not 400

Without or without Shaker 1000? That stupid ass stereo is the most performance robbing thing I have ever seen on a car. "Let's add 60 lbs to an already heavy car so we can thump at stoplights"

Without or without Shaker 1000? That stupid ass stereo is the most performance robbing thing I have ever seen on a car. "Let's add 60 lbs to an already heavy car so we can thump at stoplights"

:rockon: Í agree.............at 41 years old, I don't need the 1000 watts and extra lbs..........mine coming with the std. 500 system

The mach 1000 in my 04 stang was 88 lbs of lead weight in the trunk. The price you pay to go thump, thump, thump down the road.

Guest evilchris

:rockon: Í agree.............at 41 years old, I don't need the 1000 watts and extra lbs..........mine coming with the std. 500 system

We agreed on something. Hell hath frozen o'er. =)

Guest evilchris

I like the 1000 and the mach 1 too :fan:

I've been driving my new GT for 10 days now, with Shaker 500. It's perfect, would never want/need the 1000. I don't listen to rap or hip hop.

Guest evilchris

I'm loving the ignore feature. :cheerleader:

Was someone slamming the Mustang again?

Perhaps they're on the wrong web site?

I love Mustangs.

This entire thread is about Mustang genius. Real mature how you love to brag about ignoring people, like a 5 year old. Last I checked, a "terminator" was an 03/04 SVT MUSTANG Cobra.

Guest evilchris

Ruf's a funny guy. I actually helped him out in PM's. I even called ERL for him, trying to find the status on his GT order. Then I told him how to do it himself, gave him numbers etc, told him what to get from his dealer. Yet he's a total prick to me in public. Nice guy eh?

Ruf's a funny guy. I actually helped him out in PM's. I even called ERL for him, trying to find the status on his GT order. Then I told him how to do it himself, gave him numbers etc, told him what to get from his dealer. Yet he's a total prick to me in public. Nice guy eh?

I poke fun at you too and what have you done for me lately? :tease:

Archived