TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Powered By SVT Valve Cover Paint Issues?

I am talking about the pretty grey painted part that says "Powered By SVT".

Mine both look like the paint it about to pop open from massive air bubbles. The paint clearly didn't adhear to the metal. As the days pass, the bubbles seem to get bigger.

Once they pop, I'll be seeing if I can get them replaced under warranty.

How is everybodies else's paint quality on the valve covers?

It wouldn't bother me, but I am pretty certain it is going to crack open eventually.

Not to mention, the GT500 has the best looking engine in the industry, and I want it to stay that way!

Once they pop, I'll be seeing if I can get them replaced under warranty.

"paint bubbles" are a warranty issue, popped or not.

+1 on the looks

That is true. I need to go in next week for airbag recall. I'll point it out then and see if I can get them replaced.

Normally I wouldn't care as much, but this a truely a "dress up" item in the engine bay, so unsightly paint work is too visible.

Mine has a similar problem, though it almost looks like gobs of paint versus bubbles. Let me know how this works for you.

I thought mine were gobs of paint, too, but then I thought I noticed them getting bigger, so I lightly pushed on the biggest one, and it definitly moves like a bubble. I think their is a paint bonding issue and my guess is even if I get another set, they will have it too.

I still will try, however...

I thought mine were gobs of paint, too, but then I thought I noticed them getting bigger, so I lightly pushed on the biggest one, and it definitly moves like a bubble. I think their is a paint bonding issue and my guess is even if I get another set, they will have it too.

I still will try, however...

Hrmm, I might just get mine powdercoated then.

Hrmm, I might just get mine powdercoated then.

I'm getting ready to have mine powdercoated, but don't wan't to powdercoat over the bubbles. I'll ask the powdercoater if they will do some prep on them or if I should try to get new ones first. I was torn between powdercoating the stock ones and just getting the chrome Ford Racing coil covers - but I saw another members with the stock ones custom powdercoated & think they came out awesome.

I'm getting ready to have mine powdercoated, but don't wan't to powdercoat over the bubbles. I'll ask the powdercoater if they will do some prep on them or if I should try to get new ones first. I was torn between powdercoating the stock ones and just getting the chrome Ford Racing coil covers - but I saw another members with the stock ones custom powdercoated & think they came out awesome.

I'm pretty sure if they powdercoat them they will strip them down to bare metal first. They do look good powdercoated, I saw someone with them color matched to his car, I might do something similar.

Archived