TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Pics especially for Michael Morris

Are Super Snakes "post title" cars? It looks like one of them still has the dealer stickers on the window.

Andy the SSs are POST title, but some cars got dropped shipped from Ford to a dealer in Vegas and then taken over to SAI. I ordered 4 GT500s that were going to be SSs from the start. They were all ordered without stripes and dropped shipped in Vegas. Ford will drop ship to any dealer, but you have to get the dealer to agree and they usually charge a fee. Its still cheaper to drop ship the car than to ship it ENCLOSED after it come to YOUR dealer.

michael morris

Thanks Vogon!! Cant see enought Red SSs!!! Kinda looks like the store a few months ago when I had the red and black one there. Starting to think Red and Black might need to be a PAIR!!! I wonder if my wife would be OK with that :slapfight:

michael morris

Funny you should ask that. When I was speaking to Amy outside the cafe, she told me how her orange GT500 kept changing once in a while because it was a prototype. When she got the orange SGT, she drove it home 4 times before her husband asked if it was a different car. :headscratch: I guess she was able to string him along for a while longer before fessing up. So if you go with a red vert instead of a black coupe, you might get away with it.

For a while...

And this discussion led into another one. Apparently her husband isn't a car guy. Neither is my wife. They have a hard time understanding our passion for our cars (read: "Why would you spend all that money on a car? And why do you need TWO??"). Well, if I have to explain it to you, there's no point, because you'll never understand. Amy suggested that our spouses form a Shelby Support group (that's another SS option :hysterical: ). This would not be a group to support Shelby owners, but rather a group that has to live with the Shelby owners. Presumably it would become a bitch session about spouses, which I can see quickly becoming a gang, not a group. Sounds dangerous, especially if they start comparing notes. :nonono:

Funny you should ask that. When I was speaking to Amy outside the cafe, she told me how her orange GT500 kept changing once in a while because it was a prototype. When she got the orange SGT, she drove it home 4 times before her husband asked if it was a different car. :headscratch: I guess she was able to string him along for a while longer before fessing up. So if you go with a red vert instead of a black coupe, you might get away with it.

For a while...

And this discussion led into another one. Apparently her husband isn't a car guy. Neither is my wife. They have a hard time understanding our passion for our cars (read: "Why would you spend all that money on a car? And why do you need TWO??"). Well, if I have to explain it to you, there's no point, because you'll never understand. Amy suggested that our spouses form a Shelby Support group (that's another SS option :hysterical: ). This would not be a group to support Shelby owners, but rather a group that has to live with the Shelby owners. Presumably it would become a bitch session about spouses, which I can see quickly becoming a gang, not a group. Sounds dangerous, especially if they start comparing notes. :nonono:

Probalby best we keep the spouses that DONT understand ALONG way from each other. We dont need them ganging up on us.

michael morris

Oh! I have to show this to my wife. She couldn't understand why I wanted two either. I think she'd like the idea of a support group.

She didn't understand why I had to go home to get the Shelby to go to dinner and got to the restaurant about an hour later. [i had to take the long way from Lyons to Estes Park to Allenspark, about 50 miles instead of the .5 mile route. :) ]

Oh! I have to show this to my wife. She couldn't understand why I wanted two either. I think she'd like the idea of a support group.

She didn't understand why I had to go home to get the Shelby to go to dinner and got to the restaurant about an hour later. [i had to take the long way from Lyons to Estes Park to Allenspark, about 50 miles instead of the .5 mile route. :) ]

YES YES YES! You get it, she doesn't. I bet you'll never change. Let me re-phrase that... You'll never even know that there's anything wrong with your behaviour, let alone question it. And that's the difference.

As an aside, I'm in beautiful downtown Denver this week at a conference. First time spending any time in Colorado...

AND, you heard it here first, I just the call from SAI today that I can bring in my convertible for the SS conversion!!! Yeehaw!

Deposit was October 10th, 2007 I think, for those keeping track. :happy feet: :happy feet:

Archived