TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2009 3rd Annual Pacific NW Meet & Greet

Grabber

This years event was great. We had triple the head count from last year. 60 people total. Today Tana & I went for a hike & jog at Lewisville Park. It's a few miles from our house. We thought it might make a good place to have a gathering.The park is 150 acres and has the lewis river running thru it. Miles of paved and unpaved trails to hike too. It has 13 big shelters with power in them and wood fired grilles and big barb-B-Q's. Several nice restroom houses, and lots of play equipment in many different areas for the kids.

The outdoor shelters are very nice and have there own adjacent parking areas. The rent is cheap from what I was told. Also if they are not rented there is a open sign on them and they are then Free. Take a look at these pic's and see if you think this would be a good place to have the next Meet and greet.

The other Pluss is that we are in an area that would be great for a cruise too.

LewisvillePark001.jpg

LewisvillePark002.jpg

LewisvillePark003.jpg

LewisvillePark004.jpg

LewisvillePark005.jpg

LewisvillePark006.jpg

LewisvillePark007.jpg

LewisvillePark008.jpg

LewisvillePark009.jpg

LewisvillePark010.jpg

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks great. Is there a camp ground in that park with hook ups for my RV?

You need to give the photos a minute to load, that's why the posts look empty.

Here is a link to the park and a address so you can check nearby RV parks. This is just an idea. I am open to others or we could do it at my house again.

http://www.bgwa.com/lewisville_park.htm

<H1 class=pagetitle>Lewisville Park</H1>lewis.jpgFor information about reservations, parking fees, and other parks in Clark County please see the Vancouver-Clark Parks and Recreation Web site.

Lewisville Park 26411 NE Lewisville Highway (2 miles north of Battle Ground on SR-503)

Linky to park:

<H2 align=center>Lewisville Park</H2>Intro.jpg

Entrance to Lewisville Park In a word, this park is "Incredible"

so just enjoy!

Remember your picnic lunch, binoculars and/or camera.

"Just" two miles North of Battle Ground on Hwy 503, is Lewisville Park. This is the Grand Daddy of the oldest Clark County regional parks, established in the 1930s in this area. Let's just say it is HUGE and certainly has a huge capacity with it's 154 acres of Fir, Cedar & other trees as well as other open grassy areas along the banks of the Lewis River. There is plenty of parking in this facility. This park has a 3-mile trail system which wanders through the park gathering great views of the surrounding area and the park itself. Activities are plenty including: swimming, fishing, picnicking, and horseshoes. There are softball, baseball and soccer fields, playgrounds, and restrooms located throughout the park.

Additionally there are 12 log picnic shelters and 3 ‘mini-sections’ without shelters that may be reserved in advance. Many picnic areas without shelters are available in a variety of locations within the park on first-come, first served basis.

For reservations or additional information, phone 696-8219. Parking fees are charged during summer months from May through September. Pedestrians and bicyclists are free year-round.

All the Photos to the right speak for themselves and may be viewed fully by clicking on the image. Use the Back Button on your Browser to return here.

Lewisville Park is for day use only.

I've been there a few times, great place. Is there an area to reserve for large groups to gather?

It may be early to start a list, but I'm in :happy feet:

Some of the shelters are plenty big enough for our group. The shelters have adjacent parking for our cars. I saw a park guy and asked him if we could get permission to do a photo shoot on the grass, and he said yes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Add MustangMissy to the list. Dad got the fever and bought his own last week; Black with red stripes limited edition (only 25 made) 2009 Shelby GT 500. So add Dennis the Menace too. More color variety to our gathering.

Add MustangMissy to the list. Dad got the fever and bought his own last week; Black with red stripes limited edition (only 25 made) 2009 Shelby GT 500. So add Dennis the Menace too. More color variety to our gathering.

It will be nice to have the 2 of you with your GT500's at next years event. Congrats on your dad's new car. :happy feet: The event is aways off, but I will be planning everything soon.

Consider yourself on the list. :)

New member/owner/poster here too :-)

I'm in portland with a black on black 500 vert, and would definatly be interested in the next event to come around!

Welcome Jumper,

I'm just across the I-5 bridge by Vancouver. Sat is going to be nice and I'm going to see if a couple guys want to take a drive. Let me know if your interested.

Welcome to Team shelby.

Welcome Jumper,

I'm just across the I-5 bridge by Vancouver. Sat is going to be nice and I'm going to see if a couple guys want to take a drive. Let me know if your interested.

Welcome to Team shelby.

What"s the date for the meet 'n greet? I have an out of town wedding on 5/9/09.

What"s the date for the meet 'n greet? I have an out of town wedding on 5/9/09.

Target week is the 3rd week of March.

BTW, a few of us are going for a short ride Sat. if it's not raining.

Do you want to go with us ?

Target week is the 3rd week of March.

BTW, a few of us are going for a short ride Sat. if it's not raining.

Do you want to go with us ?

Would love to go but the car's not here yet. Hopefully I'll get it within the week and next weekend won't be wet.

You say March, but wasn't last year in May?

Would love to go but the car's not here yet. Hopefully I'll get it within the week and next weekend won't be wet.

You say March, but wasn't last year in May?

Your right.

I got confused.....it's the 3rd week in May.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm new to TS, joined last month. I have a 07 SGT/SC1210, white, 5 speed, with a Kenne Bell s/c that was done by SAI in October. It would be great to meet local Shelby guys and a trip to Battle Ground in the spring sounds great. I grew up in the Portland area and we now live in Bend, OR. If you have room for one more I'm in. My wife said she's in to.

Red Diver

Archived