TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Updates according to AmyB

I sent Amy an email regarding some of the issues raised on this forum regarding the SS. She responded to the following.

SS Hood retaining water: She said this is the first she's heard of this and that she will look into it.

11" Alcoa rear wheels for the SS: She said they are in tooling.

Rear SS badging: She said she believes an SS faux gas cap ring is in process.

I also asked her to read ken07gt500's post regarding a loose wire that was too close to the exhaust and she said she would read the post and have it checked out.

I was very impressed with her great customer service.

I appreciate that the 11" wheels would be a cost option but I wonder if an item such as the rear faux gas cap will be provided to people who have already had the conversion done, free of charge?

Maybe Amy can fill us in on when they will start on the GT500KR, any offical word would be greatly apprieciated.

I appreciate that the 11" wheels would be a cost option

My guess, and this is only a guess, an 11" pair of SS wheels and the correct matching PZero tires in 20" will cost $2K or so. Maybe a little less, but I would guess that a single 305/20" PZero tire would cost $500 + or - X 2 plus the 20" wheels in 11" wide. I can see it getting toward $2K real quick, especially if shipping is involved.

Tire Rack has the 305/30/20 PZero's for $538ea.

R

My guess, and this is only a guess, an 11" pair of SS wheels and the correct matching PZero tires in 20" will cost $2K or so. Maybe a little less, but I would guess that a single 305/20" PZero tire would cost $500 + or - X 2 plus the 20" wheels in 11" wide. I can see it getting toward $2K real quick, especially if shipping is involved.

Tire Rack has the 305/30/20 PZero's for $538ea.

R

If I had a choice I dont think I would put the Pzeros back on. For what Im going to do I would like to put a cheaper tire on the car. When I BURN them off it would be cheaper to replace :happy feet:

michael morris

If I had a choice I dont think I would put the Pzeros back on. For what Im going to do I would like to put a cheaper tire on the car. When I BURN them off it would be cheaper to replace :happy feet:

michael morris

I know what you are saying^^^^^^. In my case, the "car show thing" will be my main interest. Yes an occasional sprint and a tire spin, but as few miles as I drive my cars per year, the SS will not see much tire burning.

R

Archived