TEAM SHELBY FORUM

KR Update from SAI

Am out in Vegas celebrating my wife's b-day...so naturally I swung by SAI to check it out. I know from reading this forum there's a lot of anticipation and consternation on the KRs starting up. FYI I saw maybe 20-30 GT500s just delivered and moving over to the "B" building to get cleaned up. All had no stripes, and were without rear spoilers (plugs in the holes). During the tour I mentioned this to Adrienne and she said all they're waiting on is Ford to give them the go-ahead.....so hopefully the new KR owners won't be waiting much longer.

Am out in Vegas celebrating my wife's b-day...so naturally I swung by SAI to check it out. I know from reading this forum there's a lot of anticipation and consternation on the KRs starting up. FYI I saw maybe 20-30 GT500s just delivered and moving over to the "B" building to get cleaned up. All had no stripes, and were without rear spoilers (plugs in the holes). During the tour I mentioned this to Adrienne and she said all they're waiting on is Ford to give them the go-ahead.....so hopefully the new KR owners won't be waiting much longer.

Thanks for the update, that is what they have been saying since 4-01-08 I wish they would start already.

I just dropped my car off yesterday and was told the KR production is waiting for hoods as the supplier so far has not been up to Ford's standards.

maybe they can use the fiberglass Venom hoods, plenty of them in production :hysterical:

post-7609-1212122469.jpg

I was there on Wednesday picking up my 40th. I will post some pics of that later. Here are some pics of the "bare" KRs that you were talking about.

post-7609-1212122488.jpg

post-7609-1212122506.jpg

post-7609-1212122469.jpg

post-7609-1212122488.jpg

post-7609-1212122506.jpg

I received a call from a dealer today in TX that said they had taken DELIVERY of a black KR today. They asked If I would like to make an appt to come see the car. they spoke to my wife and then sent me an Email about the car. Has Shelby actually completed any of the KRs yet or is the dealer just jerking me around? I'll call them tomorrow and let everyone know if they truly have a KR on the ground.

SVT / Stephen

2006 GT-H #417

2008 GT 500 Vapor

I received a call from a dealer today in TX that said they had taken DELIVERY of a black KR today. They asked If I would like to make an appt to come see the car. they spoke to my wife and then sent me an Email about the car. Has Shelby actually completed any of the KRs yet or is the dealer just jerking me around? I'll call them tomorrow and let everyone know if they truly have a KR on the ground.

SVT / Stephen

2006 GT-H #417

2008 GT 500 Vapor

i doubt it or we would have heard about it

i doubt it or we would have heard about it

You are correct! I called the dealer today and they actually recieved a black GT500 not a KR. The Email I received actually said they had a KR on the ground. They told me the Kr was due in mid

June but didn't even seem sure of that.

SVT

how nice a 80,000 car sitting out in the desert sun, heat and wind driven sand storms.

What you don't know is that building you see is the MAIN check in building for the KR's when they are dropped off. After they are dropped off and inspected, they are then HAND washed and moved into a storage building. I think we have 7-8 buildings in which we store the cars inside--not out side :happy feet:

Bud

Thanks Bud, but even if the car sat outside its not going to hurt them. If alittle sand and wind screwd the paint up that quick Ford needs to REPAINT everything. I keep my car inside like most of us on here, but sitting outside in the weather for a few days or weeks NOT going to hurt the paint. Now if they has stripes maybe the sun could screw up the Vinyl, but the paint BETTER last YEARS sitting outside.

michael morris

post-7609-1212122469.jpg

I was there on Wednesday picking up my 40th. I will post some pics of that later. Here are some pics of the "bare" KRs that you were talking about.

It's interesting that they go to the trouble to put the Shelby lettering on wrong, only to have to change it later, but they don't put a spoiler on, pending the KR application. Poor naked Shelbys.

:redcard:

how nice a 80,000 car sitting out in the desert sun, heat and wind driven sand storms.

Actually, that's only really about 30,000 sitting out there to get shat upon. The other 100,000 is in the vinyl "KR" letters that get glued on.

:hysterical3:

Guys as a point of reference, none of the GT500's nor the GT500's for KR are outside, all GT500's are inside our buildings. The picture above is cars lining up to go into the production areas

Amy

It's interesting that they go to the trouble to put the Shelby lettering on wrong, only to have to change it later, but they don't put a spoiler on, pending the KR application. Poor naked Shelbys.

I wonder if you can special order it with SHELBT on the back? :):)

Yeah, first thing I noticed! Must have something to do with the line and how it's set up, I suspect it's easier, and cheaper, to let them just get the standard letters than somehow try to segregate them and leave them off.

Archived