TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Adms ---where are they headed

gt500hp

These have all sold on ebay in the past week..... When are prices going to fall? :censored:

Ford : Mustang 2007 SHELBY GT500 CONVERTIBLE !!CHEAPER THAN COUPES!! View similar active items

Sell one like this

$67,100.00

See description Aug-18 12:19

Enlarge Ford : Mustang SHELBY GT500 2007 SHELBY COBRA MUSTANG GT 500 SVT View similar active items

Sell one like this

$65,000.00

See description Aug-24 14:50

Ford : Mustang SHELBY GT500 BRAND NEW ON GROUND SHELBY GT500 TUNGSTEN GRAY View similar active items

Sell one like this

$65,000.00

See description Aug-26 10:48

Ford : Mustang Shelby GT500 2007 SHELBY GT500 BLACK/BLACK COUPE View similar active items

Sell one like this

$64,765.00

See description Aug-30 08:08

Ford : Mustang Shelby GT500 2007 Ford SHELBY GT 500 Convertible ON THE GROUND! View similar active items

Sell one like this

I had a deal with my dealer(verbal agreement) at the time of my order (April 06)and deposit for 5K over...

He called me 2 weeks ago and quoted me 58K for my car, I basically said that is not what our agreement was ans he agreed that we had that deal, but he knows he can sell it for 15 to 25K over, I didn't argue with him about that, but I told him that our agreement was our agreement, and he knew then that he could have sold it for that...

anyway, he gave me the car for our original agreement.

T

Kelly Blue Book has this in the system now. Looks about right, but how upto date are they?

More Photos MSRP

$42,975.00

Invoice

$39,063.00

New Car Blue

Book Value

What consumers are really paying for this vehicle

$60,165.00

Price with Optional Equipment

Quick Dealer Price Quote

It's hard to make sense of some of the completed auctions on eBay. I think, though, the most important thing to look at is where bidding ends on [/i]most auctions. And that appears to be right around MSRP +15,000.

I know some have said that eBay auctions support the notion that the market is currently $10-12k over...I think that's looking for evidence confirming what one wants to believe. Just as many dealers might look at the auctions listed above and believe the market is at $20-25k over.

Bottom line: ADMs will come down because demand is not likely to increase at a given price-point moving forward and supply will increase. We've already seen a reduction in the frenzy mentality as evidenced by ( a ) dealers calling folks way way down their list trying to move cars at $20-25k over MSRP (...mostly unsuccessfully from what I've seen...), ( b ) BIN prices at +20k often sit for a while...some eventually get hit, some don't, ( c ) we see the occasional BIN price at $15k over, ( d ) auctions ending without reserve met and the final bid at $12k-$15k over MSRP.

These have all sold on ebay in the past week..... When are prices going to fall? :censored:

Ford : Mustang 2007 SHELBY GT500 CONVERTIBLE !!CHEAPER THAN COUPES!! View similar active items

Sell one like this

$67,100.00

See description Aug-18 12:19

Enlarge Ford : Mustang SHELBY GT500 2007 SHELBY COBRA MUSTANG GT 500 SVT View similar active items

Sell one like this

$65,000.00

See description Aug-24 14:50

Ford : Mustang SHELBY GT500 BRAND NEW ON GROUND SHELBY GT500 TUNGSTEN GRAY View similar active items

Sell one like this

$65,000.00

See description Aug-26 10:48

Ford : Mustang Shelby GT500 2007 SHELBY GT500 BLACK/BLACK COUPE View similar active items

Sell one like this

$64,765.00

See description Aug-30 08:08

Ford : Mustang Shelby GT500 2007 Ford SHELBY GT 500 Convertible ON THE GROUND! View similar active items

Sell one like this

Ok, I'll ask a dumb question.....

When you buy one on Ebay, how do you pay the sales tax? Is the tax IN ADDITION to the price paid? If not, then there is about $2,500 in taxes buried in that price. I've bought items on Ebay and not paid tax...but not anything this expensive.

Dave

Ok, I'll ask a dumb question.....

When you buy one on Ebay, how do you pay the sales tax? Is the tax IN ADDITION to the price paid? If not, then there is about $2,500 in taxes buried in that price. I've bought items on Ebay and not paid tax...but not anything this expensive.

Dave

Once the car is sold for the ebay price, it becomes the buyers responsibility to register the vehicle in the state in which he or she lives. The tax may or may not be collected by the seller depending if the each state has a reciprocal agreement in collecting taxes. Whichever the case, taxes will have to be paid at one point in timei n one state or the other.

Once the car is sold for the ebay price, it becomes the buyers responsibility to register the vehicle in the state in which he or she lives. The tax may or may not be collected by the seller depending if the each state has a reciprocal agreement in collecting taxes. Whichever the case, taxes will have to be paid at one point in timei n one state or the other.

Yep!

If you pay tax in the state you bought it from, in California you pay the difference between that states rate and Californias rate. If you pay no tax in the state you bought from, you pay the entire California slaes tax rate. They get you when you register your car.

Yep!

If you pay tax in the state you bought it from, in California you pay the difference between that states rate and Californias rate. If you pay no tax in the state you bought from, you pay the entire California slaes tax rate. They get you when you register your car.

I don't think so...you pay the rate in the state you register it in...not the state you bought it in...If I bought a car in Texas but lived in Indiana and plated it in Indiana I would pay there 6% sales tax rate..not the one in Texas...

Archived