TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hood stripes and scoop

For those of us who have gone thur the scoop/stripe thing (including my-self) I have an idea. Why not see if we can get SAI to modifly the stripe? In other words re-design the hood stripes so that the scoop in not installed over the stripes. It would be like the cut out around the washer nozzels. The new stripe would have a "cut out" for the scoop. The scoop then mounts directly to the hood and not over the stripe.

For those of us who have gone thur the scoop/stripe thing (including my-self) I have an idea. Why not see if we can get SAI to modifly the stripe? In other words re-design the hood stripes so that the scoop in not installed over the stripes. It would be like the cut out around the washer nozzels. The new stripe would have a "cut out" for the scoop. The scoop then mounts directly to the hood and not over the stripe.

thats a good idea, but it looks like the company has their own agenda, not likely to make big changes to the scoop or stripes. I still have the original scoop and stripe set, just waiting to see if what is offered is better and/or able to be installed by the average dealer.

I am going through the scoop stripe thing right now. I asked Shelby to OK painting the stripes, they said no. Looks like I will be doing this on a yearly basis unless they figure out a better way. Cutting the stripe around the scoop I think will work and I may have the shop try this. By the way I had this all set up, but I got a call an hour ago that Shelby won't deal with a dealer in Canada.

at this point any corrections you make to your scoop/stripe issue,outside of what sai recommends, will most likely be as good a fix. some owners are on their 4th scoop and stripes also.so, if scoop is put over stripe again, the stripes will fold up again at the edges.. better off making your own mods to the stripe so its a one time fix until scoop issue is corrected. why have dealer redo stripe again and again and get aggrevated..

Archived