TEAM SHELBY FORUM

First impressions

JETSOLVER

First off the stance works for me. I realize that production cars have to be higher than I would prefer however the car is lower than the GT by a visual amount. Second " base in the low forty's

". More than we were originally told but, I think we all knew this was coming. Third I kind of resent the fact that...."It features a leather-wrapped and stitched instrument panel brow and center console, upgraded door armrests and aluminum pedal covers. " I have to pay extra for something as simple as this. Yes I'm gonna but it still rankles a bit. Overall I have just spent about 55k CDN. Over to you.... :P

I will agree with you on a couple of points. First off, when I heard "...base price in the low 40's" first thing that came to mind was.. Damn, that'll take the price over 50k Cdn.

Having said that I also heard the leather dash and trim will be an option. So, what to do. Being a performance guy I want HP and TORQUE, however, when spending 50 do we say oh well what's another 5?

AHHHHHH,

I will agree with you on a couple of points. First off, when I heard "...base price in the low 40's" first thing that came to mind was.. Damn, that'll take the price over 50k Cdn.

Having said that I also heard the leather dash and trim will be an option. So, what to do. Being a performance guy I want HP and TORQUE, however, when spending 50 do we say oh well what's another 5?

AHHHHHH,

I read somewhere today that the "low 40's" statement was about the vert and not the coupe. I think it was Brad Barnett from themustangsource.com. He said the speaker misread the teleprompter. Let's hope that's the case.

My overall thoughts on the car - bad to the bone. Aside from a few superficial hiccups, I'm totally impressed. Ford didn't just hit a home run; they hit a grand slam over the left field wall in the bottom of the ninth!

That's what I hear as well....$39,995? Maybe. + $4k for the 'vert.

I really like the look, it looks mean--especially the coupe in White w/Blue stripes. My wife was laughing at me yesterday......wanting the 'vert.....wanting the coupe. Overall, I think they did a really nice job on them both. Wish they offered a different color seat insert besides red. I wanted cool gray inserts. Other than that, I think that the car came together really well!!!

I think Ford or should I say SVT did a great job on the car. I absolutely fell in love with the concept but the production car is very easy on the eyes.

My gripes are mostly exterior items, I would have liked painted mirrors, and it looks like the "shelby" on the trunk was an afterthought. I also would like to have different color options on the interior, but beggers can't be choosers..

The only question I have left is, how are the engine internals going to handle modification? But that answer will come in time.

I'm torn between the two models. I love the coupe but I keep going back to the vert. Do you think that the Lemans stripes would look stupid on the vert? The coupe looks ultra aggressive, it the kind of car that stands out in a crowd. I was stupid and kept showing my 7 year old the convertible and now whenever I show her a car regardless of what it is she picks the vert.

What do I do? Do I get the coupe that looks more aggressive, or do I break a 7 year old's heart.

It's not easy being a dad....

Heh, heh, heh......me too! I have a 3 & 4 year old. Do what's right for her.....buy one of each! :P

PS, if you want to adopt me... I can take either one to go & get gorceries for you all.....call me selfless!!! :blink:

But seriously, I am having a tough time, too. Have my heart set on a 'vert, but seeing the coupe white & blue....just kills me...

And, no, I don't think that rally stripes would look dumb on a 'vert. It's been done before...

Heh, heh, heh......me too! I have a 3 & 4 year old. Do what's right for her.....buy one of each! :P

PS, if you want to adopt me... I can take either one to go & get gorceries for you all.....call me selfless!!! :blink:

But seriously, I am having a tough time, too. Have my heart set on a 'vert, but seeing the coupe white & blue....just kills me...

And, no, I don't think that rally stripes would look dumb on a 'vert. It's been done before...

Are you potty trained yet???

Thanks, I'm seriously thinking about getting the vert and adding the stripes afterward. The one good thing about vinyl stripes is that I can always remove them if I sell the car..

:D I am totally impressed with the car so far and can't wait to see it in different color/stripe combinations. It will be interesting to see if there are any small changes between now and the time it hits the showroom floors and to see if there will be any changes for the next years production run.

Swami says, “Crispy23c is changing his mind.” Seriously, what happened to,

"say it with me, Tuuuunnnggggsssstttttttuuuunnnn."? And on top of that, the coupe instead of the vert?

Are you okay? Are you sleeping at night?

"say it with me, Tuuuunnnggggsssstttttttuuuunnnn."? And on top of that, the coupe instead of the vert?

:lol: :rolleyes: :blink: B)

Okay....ya got me (KIND OF). My second car was a '67 GT350. I totally stripped the car down & restored it

:lol: :rolleyes: :blink: B)

Okay....ya got me (KIND OF). My second car was a '67 GT350. I totally stripped the car down & restored it. It was Brittany Blue (a light metallic blue), but back then "original" color was not that critical, so I stripped it down to bare metal & had it repainted White w/Blue stripes. It ROCKED!!! :rolleyes:

So, that's the "rest of the story" on that. Still shooting for a 'vert, but loving the coupe. Sooooo.......I am sticking with the 'vert.....in..

Tuuuuuunnnnnnnnggggggggggsssstttteeeennnn!!!!! SAY IT!!!!!

(whispering) saaaay it...

And no, I am not sleeping, thanks for asking! B)

Take a look at this and tell me what you think. I honestly think that if I go convertible I'll have to go with satin or tungsten stripes to match the black ragtop..

post-2239-1136859648_thumb.jpg

post-2239-1136859648_thumb.jpg

Where's the order form? I'm ready to order mine. But wait should I get the Blue with white stripes or the white with blue stripes or red with white stripes ? On second thought it's a good thing I can't order until March it will probably take me until then to make up my mind. This car is very exciting!!! B) B)

Take a look at this and tell me what you think. I honestly think that if I go convertible I'll have to go with satin or tungsten stripes to match the black ragtop..

Personally I think stripes on the vert look great sudsy!!!

Too bad they didn't offer black stripes, I'm a little disappointed about that.

I wanted Tungston with black stripes.

Back to the drawing board.

KingCobra.

My first impressions are that they changed very little from the Concept (a good thing, Ford kept thier word) and that I'd buy one. B)

My second impression is that by the time the ADM's end and dealers get real, I'll probably be interested in something else (Boss, GT/CS, Mach 1) :angry:

Overall, I'd give the car an 8.5. The hood is my biggest gripe along with a few other exterior styling cues (the Shelby lettering on the trunk and those hideous side mirrors) along with it's rather portly weight. Despite those objections I'm strongly considering purchasing one, color choice would be hard...Vista Blue with White Stripes, Solid Black or Black with Gray Stripes...oh the agony!! For me, the biggest hurdle will be deciding to purchase a GT500 or wait to see what Ford might do with the Boss....decisions, decisions....but what an awesome time to be a Mustang Fanatic!!! :D

I am not in doubt anymore? Although a 2009 Boss would be super. With a NA 5.4 32V with 400hp and 3500 curb weight.

I take my Shelby in performance white/w blue, vista blue/w white or valencia yellow/ w tungsten. Pity they do not have black stripes. :rolleyes:

Well, your photoshop skills are better than mine! I just loaded 'shop onto one of my home pc's, still have to learn it. Not too shabby! I notice that you didn't put the stripes on the header of the windshield. I think that looks right. Pretty cool! Now, I'll have to start 'chopping tonight!

PS, Suds- here's a free web crash-course on Photoshop:

http://www.hotwired.com/webmonkey/design/g.../tutorial1.html

For the most part I love the car. I can live with the hood. Certainly the HP and Torque are a delight. Glad to see the interior is what it was supposed to be.

But ,honestly, the tail absolutely sucks. It doesnt match the rest of the car at all. The phrases "plain-jane" and "uninspired" JUMP to mind. Gives the impression that they ran out of money, or time. Looks unfinished. The third brake light glares at you, the SHELBY is given no more attention or reverence than a GT marking, and is puny and without impact. The stripes cut around the plate recess looks cheap and ugly. One pic I saw displayed the car without the rear diffuser, but most pics show it in place. I hope it is actually on the car, because it REALLY looks unfinished without it.

The prototype tail was head and shoulders better.....and tons more appropriate. I doubt that it's enough to make me change my mind about buying, only because it is the most powerful Motang ever built, but it definately has changed my mind about what I'm willing to pay over MSRP.

Anybody know if the traction control can be turned off and on ?

Guys,

I've been bored so here are some more cars to chew on.. Give me your honest options..

Please forgive my photoshop skills..

Personnally I think the convertibles look great with Lemans Stripes. The old Shelby Converts with Lemans stripes are beautiful. Even with the top up, it still looks fine. If I were getting a convertible it would definitely have stripes!

So just to add to the mix, the car is about 460lbs heavier than the GT. I wonder if it's gonna sneak into gas guzzler territory? I don't care as Canada does not have that tax but you folks might....

I'm sure that the tax will be between $1300 to $1700 based on weight and gas mileage of the GT. I'm using the GT because of a similar engine and drivetrain..

Archived