TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Those of you that have your 40th...has it worn off?

There is a lot of anticipation in waiting for the call, getting the call, dropping off or shipping off your car and then finally.....picking it up! :happy feet:

Now that you have it back, is it still as exciting? Even better than the anticipation? Are you getting it out regularly, taking it to shows and getting the fun, looks and driving experience you expected?

I leave in 2 days to go pick mine up and I was wondering about this....I have been so excited about getting the car I just hope actually having it back lives up to and surpasses the excitement of waiting for it. I have ordered cars before and ordered key parts before, but never been this anxious to receive something!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

There is a lot of anticipation in waiting for the call, getting the call, dropping off or shipping off your car and then finally.....picking it up! :happy feet:

Now that you have it back, is it still as exciting? Even better than the anticipation? Are you getting it out regularly, taking it to shows and getting the fun, looks and driving experience you expected?

I leave in 2 days to go pick mine up and I was wondering about this....I have been so excited about getting the car I just hope actually having it back lives up to and surpasses the excitement of waiting for it. I have ordered cars before and ordered key parts before, but never been this anxious to receive something!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Hey,

Nope, no regrets, love driving it...Especially since i put the EVO TVS Stage 1 tune on it.....went from 605 to 735hp and HOLY SH$T what a difference that makes......It was fast before, it is wicked now......Actually it is too much power for street driving...The wheels are almost impossible to hook up......

I have taken it to two car shows now, and I get a ton of people gawking! Lots of attention and envy.....ALso, I would recommend putting the Borla 5GT exhaust ( axle backs ) on it when you get it back from SAI.....The 40th Borlas, while louder than the stock GT500, it was just not indicative of how the car should sound IMO......The 5GT are amazing without being too obnoxiously loud and very little drone to them......I also swapped out the light bulbs in the guage pod to RED LED Lights to match my dash lights.....This looks much better......

Here are some pics...

IMG_0878.jpg

IMG_0879.jpg

IMG_0880.jpg

IMG_0881.jpg

JW

For those of you that can, plan on spending a day driving and testing everything about your car while in Vegas. Also, get a commitment from SAI that they will have someone there to help you fix any problems. I am witholding comments until my car looks and drives like it should.

Are you kidding? Just look at this baby. It turns heads everywhere - all the time. And it may be primal - but that's still a kick. :happy feet: It handles and brakes amazingly for a 4000 lb. car.

Now if I could just get the tranny and clutch thingy fixed - I could actually have some fun with it. :banghead:

I absolutely love it. The lose of my parts kind of effects my enthusiasm but I still love it. Its amazing looking machine. The stance alone is a lot more aggressive and makes it stick out. I've been out only a few time, and I've had people stop as they drive by or almost snack their neck doing a double take. You will not regret it!

I'm still dealing with some minor issues with my striping, but this car gets more thumbs up than any car I have owned.

It's still a blast to drive and I enjoy taking it out on weekends. People will stop you, take pictures and generally gawk!! People don't do that to a 6 series BMW.

It'a a kick!!! :happy feet:

I'm still dealing with some minor issues with my striping, but this car gets more thumbs up than any car I have owned.

It's still a blast to drive and I enjoy taking it out on weekends. People will stop you, take pictures and generally gawk!! People don't do that to a 6 series BMW.

It'a a kick!!! :happy feet:

BMWhat? Gotta love a Shelby!

ok, you guys were absolutely right! I picked it up earlier today and I can't get the smile off my face. I start the 1400 mile trek back to Texas tomorrow and will post up some pics when I can get to a real computer. I love this car!

ok, you guys were absolutely right! I picked it up earlier today and I can't get the smile off my face. I start the 1400 mile trek back to Texas tomorrow and will post up some pics when I can get to a real computer. I love this car!

Congrats!!

Great time of year to get your 40th!

Todd

IMG_6323Medium.jpg

Great pics. The way she sits is perfect. Not to high in the back but not slammed to the ground, PERFECT

IMO, this is the best color for the 40th.

Congrats

Thanks My500...I agree as far as 40th pacakges go, the blue and the black with black wheels look the best to me. I also agree on the stance, it MAKES the car and should be the way the care came from the factory.

Congrats on having TWO snakes! IF I could swing it, I would buy a red coupe and go with the SS725 package.

Andy P, enjoy the whole experience and post some pics!

Thanks My500...I agree as far as 40th pacakges go, the blue and the black with black wheels look the best to me. I also agree on the stance, it MAKES the car and should be the way the care came from the factory.

Congrats on having TWO snakes! IF I could swing it, I would buy a red coupe and go with the SS725 package.

Andy P, enjoy the whole experience and post some pics!

I kinda partial to the black on triple black...or is it quadrupal black?

Archived