TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shaker 1000 issues?

I have the Shaker 1000 and was wondering for those of you that also have it if you can notice a huge difference with it on or off. I have my bass turned up to max, and even with a fairly heavy bass track playing, I don't notice really any difference with the Shaker on or off. I have checked out the box while it is playing, and it seems as though it is working, but if I can't tell the difference, was this ever a waste of money! Anyone that can chime in on this would be greatly appreciated as I am taking it in next week to get checked out. One other quick thing is I am suprised with the better build quality versus my 2003 Mach 1, that the GT500 has developed quite a few nasty rattles and squeaks. Warranty will take care of them, but my car is only 3 months old, so I'm a little disappointed.

Hrmm, for the Shaker, I can tell when mine is on versus not, granted you aren't going to get the bass you would from a really nice aftermarket setup. As for the squeaks and rattles, how many miles do you have on it? I haven't had this problem, yet, and I have 1,600 miles on it in a month so far. Good luck with the warranty stuff sorry to hear about it :(

Hrmm, for the Shaker, I can tell when mine is on versus not, granted you aren't going to get the bass you would from a really nice aftermarket setup. As for the squeaks and rattles, how many miles do you have on it? I haven't had this problem, yet, and I have 1,600 miles on it in a month so far. Good luck with the warranty stuff sorry to hear about it :(

We had a customer with the same problem with his Shaker 1000. It took one of our techs 2 days to diagnose. He ended up replacing one of the wire connectors and it fixed the problem. I will try to get more details and post them.

My GT500 has developed quite a few nasty rattles and squeaks. Warranty will take care of them, but my car is only 3 months old, so I'm a little disappointed.

My '08 has 3,000 miles on her now. I have one rattle by the far right A/C duct. If I touch the bottom of the vent or the upper right corner of the panel above the glove box, it goes away. I think I need to remove the Pass. side air bag to get in there and I'm just not ready to do that. With that exception, I've been very happy with the overall build quality.

My '08 has 3,000 miles on her now. I have one rattle by the far right A/C duct. If I touch the bottom of the vent or the upper right corner of the panel above the glove box, it goes away. I think I need to remove the Pass. side air bag to get in there and I'm just not ready to do that. With that exception, I've been very happy with the overall build quality.

I've never thought the Shaker 1000 was worth the money. Rather spend it on another mod-like horsepower.

I've never thought the Shaker 1000 was worth the money. Rather spend it on another mod-like horsepower.

Mine goes super base when on the "Convertible" mode. Otherwise it doesn't do a whole lot. Pretty much a waste of money, space, and weight. It helps a small amount...

I had a rattle behind the light switch which sounded really bad, but it was just a wiring harness rubbing on a dash support. The support must have "aplified" the sound, because it sounded really loud. A small amount of the soft 1/2 of a velcro strip fixed that one.

I, too, am a bit disappointed in overall build quality. I replaced an '02 GT Vert, and I would argue it was actually better built. My '08 GT500 has alot of impact noise in the front end. I am scared to take it in, for fear of dealer damage, etc... but I probably have to. It just doesn't seem normal. Small impacts only. Big bumps and at 30mph and up, you never hear it. 25mpg going thru town and the front end sounds loose on every significant tar line.

I have made adjustments to about 4 things on the interior for better alignment...

I also have a problem with the Shaker1000 in the 08GT500 and need to take it in;

But have the same in my 05GT and the trunk box "ROCKS" the car when cranked up..........

I'm glad this topic came up. I have been wondering if I'm going deaf. I cannot tell much if any difference with the Shaker on or off. I currently have my setting for driver. I will try the rear seat position to see if it makes a difference.

As far as quality goes, I'm very disappointed. My 98' Cobra was better in every way.

I have the Shaker 1000 in my SGT and it is much better than the Shaker 500. I rented a 2007 GT-H convertible and it had the Shaker 500 and I kept thinking it sounded like a radio instead of a stereo when it was cranked up. I bet there is something wrong with yours... Hope you get it fixed.

I have the Shaker 1000 and was wondering for those of you that also have it if you can notice a huge difference with it on or off. I have my bass turned up to max, and even with a fairly heavy bass track playing, I don't notice really any difference with the Shaker on or off. I have checked out the box while it is playing, and it seems as though it is working, but if I can't tell the difference, was this ever a waste of money! Anyone that can chime in on this would be greatly appreciated as I am taking it in next week to get checked out. One other quick thing is I am suprised with the better build quality versus my 2003 Mach 1, that the GT500 has developed quite a few nasty rattles and squeaks. Warranty will take care of them, but my car is only 3 months old, so I'm a little disappointed.

Joe,

Please let me know how you make out with the Shaker problem when you go to the dealer. I really don't think mine is working properly either. There is very little difference between Shaker On and Shaker Off.

Grant

THE SHAKER 1000 SYSTEM ROCKS IN MY 08 GT500 VERT ; IT SEVERAL LEVELS BETTER THAN THE ORIGINAL MACH 1000 SYSTEM IN MY 03 COBRA VERT. THE SHAKER HAS EXCELLENT BASE CONTROL AND SOUND. ALL THOUGH THERE IS SOME DIFFERENCE IN THE SHAKER MODE ; ON VERSES OFF ; IT IS NOT VERY NOTICIBLE, BUT WITH INDIVIDUAL TUNNING OF BASE AND BAL. N TREB. N FAD. NEEDED DUE TO VARIOUS RECORDING QUALITY LEVELS IN SONGS OR CD TRACKS. THEY ARE EASILY FIXED WITH TUNNING BY YOU. IT IS EASY TO MAKE EVERY SONG ROCK WITH THIS SYSTEM.

THIS IS TOP NOTCH SYSTEM FOR AT STOCK STEREO. IT WOULD TAKE YOU 2,500 TO 3,500 THOUSAND DOLLARS OR MORE TO BUILD A TEN SPEAKER SYSTEM WITH A THOUSAND WATTS OF CLEAN POWER AND SATELLITE RADIO N 6 DISC. IT IS A STEEL OF A SYSTEM FOR $ 1,200 DOLLARS.

FOR YOU GUY HAVING PROBLEMS ; GET TO THE DEALER AND HAVE THEM ADDRESSED AND YOU TO WILL ROCK OUT TO WHAT EVERY TYPE OF MUSIC YOU LIKE. NO BULLSH*:T HERE.

Mine goes super base when on the "Convertible" mode. Otherwise it doesn't do a whole lot.

Mine is the exact same. On Driver's and All Seats, there is no difference. On the Convertible setting, it shakes the whole car. It sounds like on the coupes, it's only on the Rear Seat setting that it works. Can anybody confirm that the "shaker" sub can be switched on and off (meaning a noticeable difference) when the head unit is set to Driver's Seat and/or All Seats?

Mine is the exact same. On Driver's and All Seats, there is no difference. On the Convertible setting, it shakes the whole car. It sounds like on the coupes, it's only on the Rear Seat setting that it works. Can anybody confirm that the "shaker" sub can be switched on and off (meaning a noticeable difference) when the head unit is set to Driver's Seat and/or All Seats?

I can confirm a noticeable difference with the shaker on v. off regardless of all other settings. Perhaps Grabber would be willing to swing by MN to make a video complete with db readings to further prove my point..... :hysterical:

I can confirm a noticeable difference with the shaker on v. off regardless of all other settings. Perhaps Grabber would be willing to swing by MN to make a video complete with db readings to further prove my point..... :hysterical:

Lovely! I'm just sure this will be easy for Ford to trouble shoot. NOT!

You can't afford me !!

I have noticed the same thing on mine, no difference with the Skaker on or off. I figured that the rear window should just about rattle off but it doesn't. I had more bass response on my 05 GT with a Shaker 500. I have an appointment for mine on Friday and I e-mailed my salesman with the part number to see if that fixes it. If it doesn't, then I guess I'll put my Kenwood head unit in that I took out of my 05 to see if it fixes it.

+1

I can't even think straight with a Shaker 1000..... :confused: I'd rather here the engine roar........ :hyper:

Hello all,

I have a 07 white w/ red stripe with shaker 1k and it handles wayyy better with it removed from the trunk!! nearly 80 lbs! The good thing about this option is a larger battery and possibly a higher duty alternator....

good audio truly can only be enjoyed with a 120 volt power supply! [much higher dynamic swing than 12 voltz] Real mastering engineers do it in a archival studio!

aloha

I took mine in yesterday and they checked it out and found nothing wrong. They demonstrated to me how it sounds. They had country on and it didn't have much bass and didn't sound much different hogh or low on the volume. Then they changed the station to rap and turn on and off the Shaker and it had a big difference. They had the volume on 1/3 and 1/2 and the louder you play it the bigger the difference.

On my 05, I had the Shaker 500 and I swapped out the head unit and that made a big difference in the bass repsonse. I think I might want to pull out the Shaker and put in my head unit that I had in the 05 and see if there is any difference. I am sure there would be but since I have an XM tuner for the head unit, I wonder if the Sirius antenna will fit the XM tuner. I don't want to have 2 satellite antennas on the car.

I took mine in yesterday and they checked it out and found nothing wrong. They demonstrated to me how it sounds. They had country on and it didn't have much bass and didn't sound much different hogh or low on the volume. Then they changed the station to rap and turn on and off the Shaker and it had a big difference. They had the volume on 1/3 and 1/2 and the louder you play it the bigger the difference.

Mine goes super base when on the "Convertible" mode. Otherwise it doesn't do a whole lot. Pretty much a waste of money, space, and weight. It helps a small amount...

When you were at the dealer, do you know what mode you had it on? Mine only makes a difference when set to "Convertible" mode. The funny thing is I remember when I first got the car and was playing around with buttons and settings, I can remember hearing a pop noise whenever you turned on the shaker system. I've tried setting everything back, speed volume - off, bass and treble off, anything I can think of that I fooled with; but I only get the shaker to turn on when I set it to "Convertible mode.

When you were at the dealer, do you know what mode you had it on? Mine only makes a difference when set to "Convertible" mode. The funny thing is I remember when I first got the car and was playing around with buttons and settings, I can remember hearing a pop noise whenever you turned on the shaker system. I've tried setting everything back, speed volume - off, bass and treble off, anything I can think of that I fooled with; but I only get the shaker to turn on when I set it to "Convertible mode.

I have mine set to rear seats which is pronanly the same as convertible mode. The other day, CobraBoy stopped by with a CD that had some real clean recording and we noticed a difference with the Shaker on and off in normal mode. I just got done deatiling the car a while ago and I was going through some CDs and found one with the Blue Man Group on it. I stuck it in and turned it up and the whole car was vibrating real good including my butt. I only had it up a little less than 3/4 and it sounded great and that was in the rear seat mode.

I have mine set to rear seats which is pronanly the same as convertible mode.

Correct, the coupe's stereos have a "Rear Seat" mode and the verts have "Convertible" mode.

Wonder why as I think it should work just as well with all speakers on???????????

One would think. The owner's manual says it works on all modes; but it sounds like for most of us here, the Shaker system only kicks on in the "Rear Seat" mode for coupes or "Convertible" mode for the 'verts.

Archived