TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Cheapest way to 325 RWHP

09GT500

Guest evilchris

Who out there has thrown on the standard bolt ons and been rewarded with at least 325 RWHP? List the mods that got you there.

Havent touched mine yet, but I think you can hit that or close with:

C&L Cold Air Intake

Tune ( Handheld programmer, can be shipped with canned tunes or your local tuner can custom tune you )

Longtube Headers

Underdrive Pulleys

Charge Motion Delete Plates

Offroad X-Pipe

Is there an acronym finder on this site? I'm a new enthusiast and haven't picked up on all the lingo yet...

CAI....Cold Air Intake

Tune....Assuming reflashing the engine with a Predator or like item

LT....Long Tube Header? What's the difference or benefit over Short Tube? Just wondering since I've seen both as optional mods

Everything else...no idea! Doh!

Guest evilchris

Is there an acronym finder on this site? I'm a new enthusiast and haven't picked up on all the lingo yet...

CAI....Cold Air Intake

Tune....Assuming reflashing the engine with a Predator or like item

LT....Long Tube Header? What's the difference or benefit over Short Tube? Just wondering since I've seen both as optional mods

Everything else...no idea! Doh!

Fixed =) Sorry, I was just lazy. Long tubes make real power on these cars. The stock shorties are not too shabby, which is evident when you see just minimal gains with aftermarket shorties. They aren't pieces of junk like the old pinched 5.0 stockers.

Fixed =) Sorry, I was just lazy. Long tubes make real power on these cars. The stock shorties are not too shabby, which is evident when you see just minimal gains with aftermarket shorties. They aren't pieces of junk like the old pinched 5.0 stockers.

Tell me about it. I just replaced the factory "headers" on my 90 GT and they looked like some one beat the crap out of them with a hammer. So many crimps and pinches :banghead:

Who out there has thrown on the standard bolt ons and been rewarded with at least 325 RWHP? List the mods that got you there.

I bought 2 kit's, The first was a Prefomance kit from C&L.

CAI

Cat back Manaflow Exh.( I don't recommend these)

Predator Tuner (I don't recommend this either, Waste of money)

$1200.00 Wasted with the exception of the C&L CAI

The second kit was the best for the money.

SCT II Tuner

Custom NOS kit with Dyno test and Tune

$1300.00

The car makes 361rwhp and 369rwtq with an automatic. Next will be,

Granitelli T-304-SS Longtubes with X-pipe w/out Cat's (Kit)

Granitelli 62mm Throtle Body

Pulleys

Charge Motion Delete Plates

Less than $2000

With the above added, it should make 450 easy ( I hope anyway ).

Good luck

:

You can. Here's one guy:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpost.php...amp;postcount=1

PM him for his mods. I know I know, only 322 =)

I dont know what his mods are but I've been following every bolt on on this car since 04 and without porting the heads (good HP bump) no ones getting those numbers with CAI,Tune, pullies,LT's, full exaust. He may be the lone wolf but many magazines have tried but you seem to only be able to get 40-45ish hp bump max with all the bolt-ons. For the money CAI and a tune @$700 for 30 hp is the best money spent and your car just feels faster. Very easy to go back to stock for servicing.

Im so sick of Cobra hunting. Whipples finally out (2 days) . Tempting......... :spiteful:

Archived