TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 GT500KR

Of course, everybody wants their GT500KR ASAP.........me included.

The goal is to receive GT500s and ship out GT500KRs in a speedy fashion. Since ALL GT500KRs MUST be stored inside of buildings, (pre and post build) it's not our desire to delay delivery as this is costly.

What we don't want to do is ship out vehicles that are not ready for prime time, thus delays occur.

Delays are not unique to Ford and Shelby or even the auto industry in general. Just look at AirBus and Boeing! I've been living here in metro-Detroit for almost a decade and can assure you that delays are common.

GT500KR delays are frustrating for everyone involved in the program. Trust me, nobody wants to delay getting GT500KRs to customers.

We'll provide updates once they become available.

I can't believe you ar ecomparing the complexity of a jet liner to that of a MUSTANG!!!!!

The issue for us is that on proects we dont have lead on, SGT, KR, etc, we can't comment for it is Ford's place, so if their CS dep tells you they have shipped to us, of course the ovious answer must be it it shelby now holding up. Well there have been times it has been us and there have been times it hasn't.

On the KR, many of the cars are at Shelby. We will be starting production Monday, that is the good news. When there are supplier issues or other issues, all I ask that we do not necessarily jump on "shoot Shelby" truck. Those issues are not always controlled by one entity. In the KR case, this is a joint team of Shelby and Ford. So KR's will be on the road soon :)

Thanks

Amy

Who makes these cras? Ford and then Shelby. Who choose suppliers Ford and Shelby.....so, if there are delays, it is caused by Ford and/or Shelby..........saying that a supplier you chose is delayed, doesn't transfer the responsibility to them......it just reflects on your ability, or lack of, to pick the correct partner.

Thanks for finally letting us know when production is starting. BTW, at the same time the 09 model years starts for Mustangs.

Who makes these cras? Ford and then Shelby. Who choose suppliers Ford and Shelby.....so, if there are delays, it is caused by Ford and/or Shelby..........saying that a supplier you chose is delayed, doesn't transfer the responsibility to them......it just reflects on your ability, or lack of, to pick the correct partner.

Thanks for finally letting us know when production is starting. BTW, at the same time the 09 model years starts for Mustangs.

LuisA, what i am saying is that maybe in a partnership, people don't call us names when it might not be our fault. If blame is what you want or a target look elsewhere, you wont find it here. I am not going to tell you who did what. This is acustom car with new custom parts, it doesn't conform to the regular cycle.

aMY

LuisA, what i am saying is that maybe in a partnership, people don't call us names when it might not be our fault. If blame is what you want or a target look elsewhere, you wont find it here. I am not going to tell you who did what. This is acustom car with new custom parts, it doesn't conform to the regular cycle.

aMY

Agree, no name calling is needed or deseved......but, folks were very frustrated not knowing when their cars will be finally released. In my case, I have my name in the list at two dealerships, waiting for the car to get there for me to SEE it before dumping big $ for it.

Again, thank you for letting us know that the KR manufacture will start on Monday.....that's all we wanted to know.

Archived