TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 GT500KR

According to this press release on this site, KR production began January 11, 2008 :rolleyes: .

http://www.teamshelby.com/index.php?catego...2_articleid=218

There was another release January 17th about the Barrett-Jackson KR that also said they had started production. Where the heck did this info come from? Four and a half months later, 2008 GT500 production has ended, and it appears not a single regular production 2008KR has been built.

Bob

heh...i guess they moved mustang production to vegas and didn't tell anybody? our 3 krs are all built and at least on their way to/or arrived at SAI...then again, we had this delay with S-GTs(07 & 08s but especially 07s) and probably why we have 7 of those on the property.

heh...i guess they moved mustang production to vegas and didn't tell anybody? our 3 krs are all built and at least on their way to/or arrived at SAI...then again, we had this delay with S-GTs(07 & 08s but especially 07s) and probably why we have 7 of those on the property.

If your a dealer you should know better then to comment on something you know nothing about. When Ford is ready they will release all info on this car. In the mean time keep your " comments" to yourself

Amy

If your a dealer you should know better then to comment on something you know nothing about. When Ford is ready they will release all info on this car. In the mean time keep your " comments" to yourself

Amy

OK Amy, you shut him up, good for you........but why don't you just tell us when?

Amy

Talk talk talk. You know what they say about talk.

:jackinbox:

Amy

Ford has released all info on this. They released it on Feb 28th, 2008

Yeah, or at least some idea of when they will start.

I just want to know. :angry22:

Question: When will the Shelby GT500KR begin production?

Answer: Production Timing

Production at AAI is scheduled to begin 1st quarter of 2008, and dealer deliveries are scheduled to begin in the 2nd quarter of 2008.

===============================

Production at AAI did begin in 1st quarter and has been completed.

Dealer deliveries are scheduled to BEGIN in the 2nd quarter. We are in the 2nd quarter through June 30th.

So I suspect they will BEGIN delivering cars before the end of June. Then they will continue into the 3rd quarter until all have been delivered.

If they dont start soon, I may just have to get a z06

or just wait for the Z28.....it going to be very interesting to see how well ford handles the competition which is sorely needed...you just have to decide if the cost is worth it..for me personally it is not worth the cost compared to what you get

Talked to my sales guy at Chino Hills Ford and he said they are finishing up

their KR at Shelby Plant and should be on the Dealer floor soon..............

He also said the asking price is 135K!!!!!!!!!! :redcard:

Excellent point. Will Ford elect to spend what resources they have to remain competitive at the upper levels of the Pony Car offerings. Be absolutely certain that the General has no intention of bringing a second place offering to market. Their LSX motor is a near perfect mill for competing in this arena. One need only look at the output of the LS3, LS7, and LS9 variants. These motors are the real deal for sure. Ford had better be doing their homework or be willing to take a beat down at the track and at the hands of the automotive press. This is sure to be some fun stuff.

are you talking about this? http://www.superchevy.com/features/sucp_07...ils_/index.html

What I know, is that I am trying to tell FRIENDS and CUSTOMERS when these vehicles will be in. Some of them will not consider a KR, due to condition of S-GTs 07 and 08, without seeing the KR in person. I've called SAI on a few occasions to leave messages on voicemails. I used to recieve call backs, from John Walker, but now no one there returns calls. Instead I have a VIN checker on your website that gives me this:

Shelby VIN Number Search

Ford VIN: 1ZVHT88S385196235

Base Vehicle: 2008 GT500 Coupe 6speed

Package: Shelby GT500KR

Color: Ebony Clearcoat

Status: Vehicle not in production as of 6/1/2008 12:45:23 PM.

Shelby VIN Number Search

Ford VIN: 1ZVHT88S985196238

Status: Vehicle not in production as of 6/1/2008 12:46:16 PM.

Shelby VIN Number Search

Ford VIN: 1ZVHT88S485200423

Color: Silver Metallic Clearcoat

Status: Vehicle not in production as of 6/1/2008 12:46:36 PM.

Ford says they have been shipped. They cannot tell me more once the vehicle has been released from factory. If they are sitting in a warehouse, then great, I'd like to know. If they are at your upfitting plant, then GREAT, I'd like to know. Otherwise myself, and five potential KR buyers are waiting.

Of course, everybody wants their GT500KR ASAP.........me included.

The goal is to receive GT500s and ship out GT500KRs in a speedy fashion. Since ALL GT500KRs MUST be stored inside of buildings, (pre and post build) it's not our desire to delay delivery as this is costly.

What we don't want to do is ship out vehicles that are not ready for prime time, thus delays occur.

Delays are not unique to Ford and Shelby or even the auto industry in general. Just look at AirBus and Boeing! I've been living here in metro-Detroit for almost a decade and can assure you that delays are common.

GT500KR delays are frustrating for everyone involved in the program. Trust me, nobody wants to delay getting GT500KRs to customers.

We'll provide updates once they become available.

Dealers should not make slights against partners or Ford. If you're a dealer, you should call in to check on delays, Shelby and it's employees can't answer these as this project is led by Ford.

Sorry my grammer bothers some of you, I take the time on weekends to respond and I don't always check, my bad, wish we had spell check . Someone said we had one, but I don't see it.

That said it doesn't matter whether I have the cars or not. It is wrong to assume the issues are our and ours alone. It's wrong to make slight remarks against us on our site. Please don't, also stop the insults.

Amy

I believe it was Amy who attacked a member here first.

A member who didn't attack her.

Joe, that person said that the delays were probably the same as the Shelby Gt and the reason they have many of those cars on the lot. That was an insult, since that dealer doesn't know what the delay is, but thought it important to take a swipe at me/us. I swiped back. This is not your argument

Amy

What I know, is that I am trying to tell FRIENDS and CUSTOMERS when these vehicles will be in. Some of them will not consider a KR, due to condition of S-GTs 07 and 08, without seeing the KR in person. I've called SAI on a few occasions to leave messages on voicemails. I used to recieve call backs, from John Walker, but now no one there returns calls. Instead I have a VIN checker on your website that gives me this:

Shelby VIN Number Search

Ford VIN: 1ZVHT88S385196235

Status: Vehicle not in production as of 6/1/2008 12:45:23 PM.

Shelby VIN Number Search

Ford VIN: 1ZVHT88S985196238

Status: Vehicle not in production as of 6/1/2008 12:46:16 PM.

Shelby VIN Number Search

Ford VIN: 1ZVHT88S485200423

Color: Silver Metallic Clearcoat

Status: Vehicle not in production as of 6/1/2008 12:46:36 PM.

Ford says they have been shipped. They cannot tell me more once the vehicle has been released from factory. If they are sitting in a warehouse, then great, I'd like to know. If they are at your upfitting plant, then GREAT, I'd like to know. Otherwise myself, and five potential KR buyers are waiting.

Tim,

Don't these cars show up in visibilty on FMC Dealer? If so, it should show where the cars are at, whether it still be in MI waiting shipment, or where they are at between MI and SAI or if they arrived at SAI?

Tim,

Don't these cars show up in visibilty on FMC Dealer? If so, it should show where the cars are at, whether it still be in MI waiting shipment, or where they are at between MI and SAI or if they arrived at SAI?

SD-

I have contacted SAI and Ford. Ford says they are all shipped. SAI does not respond. I am done looking into it anymore, as we have an answer!

KR Arrival at SAI

Amy-

I am sorry for the angle applied in regards to S-GTs, delays in production was only one of MANY reasons they languished, some of that has even been public perspective, which is our jobs(myself and fellow employees) to change to meet reality. I do still have issue with SAI not responding to calls, since J Walker has become unavailable. Though you have ALL responded quickly when it comes to the forums. Just no answers when it came to KRs. Good to see them moving ahead!

Tim

The issue for us is that on projects we dont have lead on, SGT, KR, etc, we can't comment for it is Ford's place, so if their CS dept tells you they have shipped to us, of course the ovious answer must be it it shelby now holding up. Well there have been times it has been us and there have been times it hasn't.

On the KR, many of the cars are at Shelby. We will be starting production Monday, that is the good news. When there are supplier issues or other issues, all I ask that we do not necessarily jump on "shoot Shelby" truck. Those issues are not always controlled by one entity. In the KR case, this is a joint team of Shelby and Ford. So KR's will be on the road soon :)

Thanks

Amy

Archived