TEAM SHELBY FORUM

FUEL GAUGE ERROR

Mustang5

Hi Guys,

My concern is that I am not getting a full tank of gas when I fuel up. Every thing at the nozzle seems to be fine, the car seems to take fuel normally. When I get in the car however, the fuel gauge reads full, but not more then full. I guess that sounds a little silly, but every other car I have ever had always registered more then full on the fuel guage. In fact in previous Mustangs, I may have driven 50 miles or so before the fuel gauge came up to the F. To kind of back this theory up, after having used half a tank of fuel (according to the fuel gauge) I checked the information system and it showed that I had only used 6.8 gallon of gas. Well less then the 7.75 to 8 that I would expect to see.

Have any of you noticed this?

Hi Guys,

My concern is that I am not getting a full tank of gas when I fuel up. Every thing at the nozzle seems to be fine, the car seems to take fuel normally. When I get in the car however, the fuel gauge reads full, but not more then full. I guess that sounds a little silly, but every other car I have ever had always registered more then full on the fuel guage. In fact in previous Mustangs, I may have driven 50 miles or so before the fuel gauge came up to the F. To kind of back this theory up, after having used half a tank of fuel (according to the fuel gauge) I checked the information system and it showed that I had only used 6.8 gallon of gas. Well less then the 7.75 to 8 that I would expect to see.

Yes. My GT500 does the same thing. I too have owned numerous Mustangs over the years and all displayed the needle past the full designation after filling up. This car does not. I chalked it up to the design because I have had no fill issues or negative effects. It is rather strange.

Hi Guys,

Mine too.

Many members (including me) are getting some back pressure when we fill the tank. this causes the fueling nozzel to kick off before the tank is full sometimes. maybe that is the issue here?

Thanks for responding. I guess the next question then, is how do we ensure we are getting a full tank?

Thanks for responding. I guess the next question then, is how do we ensure we are getting a full tank?

When I fill up, after the pump clicks off, I usually squeeze the handle on low speed until it shuts off again then add a little more until I think it's full. If the pump shuts off several times quickly, then it is full.

When I fill up, after the pump clicks off, I usually squeeze the handle on low speed until it shuts off again then add a little more until I think it's full. If the pump shuts off several times quickly, then it is full.

I found out through experimenting what works 100% of the time. Doing it slow still does not get it all the way.

When you fill up place the nozzle in the tank then rotate the nozzle 180 degrees so its upside down. Fill at full speed and no more back pressure issue plus you will get a gallon extra on fill ups.

I found out through experimenting what works 100% of the time. Doing it slow still does not get it all the way.

When you fill up place the nozzle in the tank then rotate the nozzle 180 degrees so its upside down. Fill at full speed and no more back pressure issue plus you will get a gallon extra on fill ups.

Does it splash back out when you do this?

Archived