TEAM SHELBY FORUM

another one bites the dust...

smoothy

Well, went and got my deposit back from the dealer today on my GT500. They still won't budge on the ADM so I said to heck with it. Cost isn't the issue, principle is. Some of you may cringe, but I've bought a Saleen 281E, now just waiting for it to get shipped up here, give it a couple weeks to get inspections done and I'm ready to rock with one of the only Extremes in Canada. Cost is about $15k more than the ADMed Shelby, but the car has 50 more horses, 300lbs lighter, better weight distribution and a 4.10 diff on it. Sure it has some extraneous mouldings, but its still a stang :)

As the dealer was getting the paperwork ready, the sales manager asked me why I was dropping the reservation. I told him it was due to the ADM, but he didn't even seem to be aware of what a Saleen was. I also told him the ADM issue would bite Ford (and the dealership) in the ass, with all the anger and bitterness on the enthusiast boards over the extra pricing it will push alot of fordaholics to the competition, maybe not for the GT500, but for their other family and business purchases. BTW this dealership has also been sitting on a GT40 since at least April, still trying to get ADM on the thing. I hope they have to sell for under MSRP and it takes a long time so they get hosed on interest for the floor financing.... the sales manager trolls this site (he's the one that told me about it actually) so Andy if you see this, I hope all your GT500s show up with crooked stripes (apart from johnnyvax's) and all the ADM people freak out in the dealership over it.

Its time to get my much delayed letter off to Ford Canada HQ over this whole debacle on how the dealer handled pricing and customer service and see if I can make things a little less comfortable for dealers that try such stunts.

Well, went and got my deposit back from the dealer today on my GT500. They still won't budge on the ADM so I said to heck with it. Cost isn't the issue, principle is. Some of you may cringe, but I've bought a Saleen 281E, now just waiting for it to get shipped up here, give it a couple weeks to get inspections done and I'm ready to rock with one of the only Extremes in Canada. Cost is about $15k more than the ADMed Shelby, but the car has 50 more horses, 300lbs lighter, better weight distribution and a 4.10 diff on it. Sure it has some extraneous mouldings, but its still a stang :)

As the dealer was getting the paperwork ready, the sales manager asked me why I was dropping the reservation. I told him it was due to the ADM, but he didn't even seem to be aware of what a Saleen was. I also told him the ADM issue would bite Ford (and the dealership) in the ass, with all the anger and bitterness on the enthusiast boards over the extra pricing it will push alot of fordaholics to the competition, maybe not for the GT500, but for their other family and business purchases. BTW this dealership has also been sitting on a GT40 since at least April, still trying to get ADM on the thing. I hope they have to sell for under MSRP and it takes a long time so they get hosed on interest for the floor financing.... the sales manager trolls this site (he's the one that told me about it actually) so Andy if you see this, I hope all your GT500s show up with crooked stripes (apart from johnnyvax's) and all the ADM people freak out in the dealership over it.

Its time to get my much delayed letter off to Ford Canada HQ over this whole debacle on how the dealer handled pricing and customer service and see if I can make things a little less comfortable for dealers that try such stunts.

Absolutely Sucks. I guess I was lucky picking the Dealer that I did. Saleen Extreme?!? Excellent choice and I really don't know of any in Canada yet. You'll be an Original. Are they not hand built in Montreal with the other 281 Saleens?

Best of Luck to You!

:rant:

Feel for you but I also hate to tell you, Ford of Canada can't and won't do sh*t. My letter went to them when my dealer tried to screw me for $5K..............their response came back saying that in many paragraphs............dealer can do what they want. Remember, Ford gets their money when the dealer buys from Ford, what happens after is the dealer and dealer only.

:rant:

Feel for you but I also hate to tell you, Ford of Canada can't and won't do sh*t. My letter went to them when my dealer tried to screw me for $5K..............their response came back saying that in many paragraphs............dealer can do what they want. Remember, Ford gets their money when the dealer buys from Ford, what happens after is the dealer and dealer only.

Well, honestly it depends who you write to. If you send a letter to the general support line you get a general answer. I've got a contact to write to in Ford who is in a position to apply some pressure to the dealership and he is aware I am sending him this letter (I would have been told dont bother if the letter wouldnt get anything accomplished). Trouble is though, in the end I still ended up buying a Ford product (although it was a sale credit to Ford USA rather than Ford Canada) so my arguement may be just a little hollow :)

Absolutely Sucks. I guess I was lucky picking the Dealer that I did. Saleen Extreme?!? Excellent choice and I really don't know of any in Canada yet. You'll be an Original. Are they not hand built in Montreal with the other 281 Saleens?

Best of Luck to You!

They aren't being made/sold in Canada yet, I bought it from an American dealership and having it shipped up here. Need to have a daytime running light module added and thats about it. I may try and get a Canadain Saleen speedo faceplate to replace the American one (so kph is the primary marking rather than secondary) On a note of interest, one of the Trailer Park boys bought a 281SC from this same dealership (the guy with a goatee, sorry dont know his name, I don't watch the show)

Archived