TEAM SHELBY FORUM

faux gas cap

dmagner1

Sorry if I missed this, but can anyone tell me what the new ring will look like? I just ordered the decal but may want to wait on install too depending on what the new ring looks like.....thanks

The new ring will say "Shelby" instead of "Ford" along the bottom and should look similar to it (and/or the plain ring already available through SPP). I actually really like my "Ford" ring so I'm not going to change that out.

Just ordered, I like the design and the exclusive nature of the cap. They want your CSM#, Vin# and name just to order. If you don't have those your not getting one, only one per car too. I'll "try" to post pictures as soon as I get it installed if I ever figure out exactly how to post them!

Dude I wasn't going to fly off the handle..I just wanted to know why the conflicting timeframe info. Geez...chill.

Like Jeff said, just meant in fun...anyway, I was referring to SPP's actions, not you...didn't mean to upset you. :beerchug:

Whoa...I'm sure it was meant in fun given the different stories and past experiences.

Like Jeff said, just meant in fun...anyway, I was referring to SPP's actions, not you...didn't mean to upset you. :beerchug:

I know...not upset in the least...I was just having fun pulling the chain a little given the past. :devil:

the caps are in, the ring is not. hope that helps

Amy

Yes! The "S H E L B Y" trunk lock trim ring exists!!! Woohoo!! I was wondering if it made final approval. These parts are gonna look great on these SGTs.

Snake On Ladies and Gentlemen!

Thanks Amy!

What's a "trunk lock trim ring?" Any prototype pictures to see of the ring?

I haven't seen seen any prototype picutres for the Shelby ring, but the ring itself is the chrome piece of the faux gas cap (the one that currently says "Ford" on the bottom half on the back of your trunk). Here's a link to the ring that's already for sale on SPP: http://www.shelbyperformanceparts.com/Show...ock%20Trim.aspx. Techniquely, I suppose that the emblem and the ring together make up the faux gas cap since it was modeled off of original late 60's mustangs that actually had working gas caps there.

Matt

I now know why Shelby does not "special order" a lot of special stuff for our SGT's? It is because the people seem so excited when it is being posted but when it comes to buying the specially made items, no one purchases it! So Shelby gets stuck with all these caps probabaly 1000 of them and the money & time they spent getting them! Wonder why that is? I ordered mine and as far as SAI is concerned these are special to the SGT's only, and you can't get one unless you own a Shelby GT. Interesting....I can't say I blame them-

Although I support limiting them, I was really hoping to buy at least two caps myself....but I understand limiting them....don't want to see them on eBay...

One of the problem as I see it is how few of the SGT owners that are actually represented on the site? Out of the 8000+ owners minus a few still on dealer lots...how many owners log in to this site on a regular basis? 10%? 25%? Does anyone think 50% of the SGT are checking this site daily? Or are even checking SPP daily. Some times it seems to be just a handful of us SGT owners. It's too bad SGT owners couldn't be emailed about future SGT options. I bet many don't even know about SAI options.

:happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: what about the wheel center caps, brake ducts and fogs???

The brake ducts and fog lights are in the new summer SPP catalog and I asked Keith at SPP about them. Here's what he tells me regarding those pieces:

"The brake duct/light bezel is a frustrating issue for us. We finally have an approved prototype and its being made but its been one disappointment after another in the process. The brake duct /light bezel that is to replace your honeycomb insert on your front fascia is curved both laterally and horizontally; and the seemingly simple design of the reliefs where the light sits and the brake ducting connects actually intersects the curved bezel at two separate angles. Shelby automobiles has traditionally hand made their own out of metal with pop-rivets on a per- car basis but we have finally created a one-piece unit that utilizes counter sunk stainless hardware. Its going to be a very nice kit and well worth the wait. I hope to have it on the shelf shipping in 6 weeks as long as production lead times remain consistent. We really appreciate everyone’s patience on this."

I know that 6 weeks is probably not what a lot of people want to hear, but given the choice between waiting for a quality product or getting a one that isn't designed well now I'd rather wait.

Matt

The brake ducts and fog lights are in the new summer SPP catalog and I asked Keith at SPP about them. Here's what he tells me regarding those pieces:

"The brake duct/light bezel is a frustrating issue for us. We finally have an approved prototype and its being made but its been one disappointment after another in the process. The brake duct /light bezel that is to replace your honeycomb insert on your front fascia is curved both laterally and horizontally; and the seemingly simple design of the reliefs where the light sits and the brake ducting connects actually intersects the curved bezel at two separate angles. Shelby automobiles has traditionally hand made their own out of metal with pop-rivets on a per- car basis but we have finally created a one-piece unit that utilizes counter sunk stainless hardware. Its going to be a very nice kit and well worth the wait. I hope to have it on the shelf shipping in 6 weeks as long as production lead times remain consistent. We really appreciate everyone’s patience on this."

I know that 6 weeks is probably not what a lot of people want to hear, but given the choice between waiting for a quality product or getting a one that isn't designed well now I'd rather wait.

Matt

thanks for the update. Guess I'll try to be patient and wait another 6 weeks! :banghead:

I received mine over the weekend. I have to say I am quite surprised at the quality of the design. When I saw the image of posted on the forum it just didn't strike me as being something that stands out anymore than the stock GT one. However once it was on the car its design context spoke volumes in finishing up the car's overall look. I am glad I decided to give in an make the purchase.

I received mine over the weekend. I have to say I am quite surprised at the quality of the design. When I saw the image of posted on the forum it just didn't strike me as being something that stands out anymore than the stock GT one. However once it was on the car its design context spoke volumes in finishing up the car's overall look. I am glad I decided to give in an make the purchase.

I got mine on Saturday too and I love the way it looks.

• 6 years later...

Archived