TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dodge Shelby Dakota Truck

Hey, Cool Name. That is one of the Names I was going to name one of my Kids (if I have any). As for a Shelby Dakada Truck, look in the Classifieds on this Forum and at www.shelbyforums.com.

David.

Hi, my name is Shelby Dakota and I'm from SC. I was just wondering where I could buy a Shelby Dakota, what type of prices to expect, etc. If you'd let me know, that would be great!

Welcome! That's a loaded question. So many factors such as condition and what your budget is. I have had 2 of these in white (still have one) and they run forever. The 5.2's keep going and going. So for a low mileage fully intact truck expect to pay more of course. This one on ebay is not a bad deal from the pics. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...rksid=p3907.m29 it even has the original floor mats. I paid $20k for my current truck 9 years ago. It's white (more rare) and had 4k miles on it.

Robert

Hi, my name is Shelby Dakota and I'm from SC. I was just wondering where I could buy a Shelby Dakota, what type of prices to expect, etc. If you'd let me know, that would be great!

SDSC, Welcome to the Team Shelby forums.

Ebay and AutoTrader are the best places to look for a Shelby Dakota.

On average prices are around $2k to $10k which of course depends on condition and mileage.

A lot of these trucks have over 100k miles on them but the 318 V-8 is known for going many more miles than that. Unfortunately the same does not hold true for the A500 transmission so if the truck has mileage be prepared to replace/rebuild the trans unless it already has been gone thru.

Some of the weak spots on these trucks are:

• A500 Transmission

• Peeling Paint (white trucks)

• Peeling Decals

• Cab Spoiler Cracks and usually is missing

The best thing is for you to start looking and when you find one you're interested in take some pics and post them here. We can give you much better opinions when we are talking about a specific truck.

Until then feel free to post any additional questions and we'll do our best to get you into a good Dakota.

Steve

This one on ebay is not a bad deal from the pics. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...rksid=p3907.m29 it even has the original floor mats.

Robert that ebay truck looks interesting. From the pics its extremely clean and complete. I do have a concern about it having Alaska license plates. Do Alaska trucks/cars rust like east coast ones? The Shelby records show that this truck was originally sent to Louisana.

Depending on the sellers reserve this could be a good find. Someone has obviously taken care of it.

Steve

Robert that ebay truck looks interesting. From the pics its extremely clean and complete. I do have a concern about it having Alaska license plates. Do Alaska trucks/cars rust like east coast ones? The Shelby records show that this truck was originally sent to Louisana.

Depending on the sellers reserve this could be a good find. Someone has obviously taken care of it.

Steve

I would assume Alaska would treat the roads with salt and ash as well, but hopefully this truck never saw any of those conditions. Good question for SDSC to ask the seller...

It only looks like it needs new fog lamp covers which is nothin'. I noticed the original stereo is in it also.

Robert

Archived