TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Upskirt Photos

TAHOE GT

is it me, or does the differential look small and axle look somewhat flimsy (thin) in these pics? or is it camera angle?

`awatters` Right-on looks like with 500 H.p the rear end & axle would twist . Looks filmsy to me.

A question for those who know: What is under the black plastic cover on the bottom of the spare tire well?

The build sheet? :hysterical:

I thought I'd post some upskirt photos from the Shelby for those who may not have access to a lift.

Taken from front to back.

7fbc8be2.jpg

5b9193a9.jpg

9d87b797.jpg

72375911.jpg

A question for those who know: What is under the black plastic cover on the bottom of the spare tire well?

It's part of the evaporative emission system. For fuel tank fumes. It sure is ugly. I wish they would have found a better location.

It's part of the evaporative emission system. For fuel tank fumes. It sure is ugly. I wish they would have found a better location.

I see they did not paint the axle tubes on yours either. Had mine on the hoist yesterday. There appears to be plenty of room for a 3 inch exhaust, vroom! :D

Tying this back to another thread regarding twisted/failed drive shaft...

If the purpose of the two piece driveshaft is to clear the exhaust cross connect, are there any issues with replacing the drive shaft with a one piece? I can't tell by the pics how much clearance there is between the drive shaft and exhaust. Would you have to change out the exhaust as well?

I see they did not paint the axle tubes on yours either. Had mine on the hoist yesterday. There appears to be plenty of room for a 3 inch exhaust, vroom! :D

Unpainted means that I have less to clean-off before welding the tubes.

If the purpose of the two piece driveshaft is to clear the exhaust cross connect, are there any issues with replacing the drive shaft with a one piece? I can't tell by the pics how much clearance there is between the drive shaft and exhaust. Would you have to change out the exhaust as well?

As far as DS clearance and the exhaust, I'll check when I put it on the lift tonight.

there is a solid 3.5" between the drive shaft and the X. When changing to a 1-piece ds, I think you'd only have fitment issues if you tried to install a lift kit :lol:

I hope the wheel hop from the solid axle isn't that extreme. :doh: That is too funny.:hysterical:

Archived