TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tasca Conversion Status?

Rather than keep tagging onto the old Tasca thread, I thought it would be worth starting a new one as we are almost in June and as yet, news seems to be thin on the ground.

Does anyone have a DEFINATIVE update on where Tasca are with the Super Snake conversion status? Do they have all the parts yet? Have they started actually building Super Snakes?

If anyone can answer those questions, it would be a great start.

Also, perhaps we could start a list of whos car is actually at Tasca (not people who will be getting their conversion done there but actually people who currently have thier GT500 at Tasca waiting for conversion)?

At the moment I know the following cars are there: -

Nomis (Alloy 08)

Viper UK (Vapor 08)

Alexandros (Red?)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I spoke to DENNIS briefly on thursday .....still waiting for some parts and 725 hp SC........

he hoped the parts would be in today from vegas ... :headscratch:

my car has been there since APR 2.......... :headscratch:

they are working on the first 2 cars & should finish soon :shrug:

how much longer.....only God knows for sure......I've been good honest :angel:

:devil: :speedie:

So at the moment we have the following members cars waiting there for conversion: -

Nomis (Alloy 08 605)

Viper UK (Vapor 08 605)

Alexandros (Red ? 725?)

RedC500 (Black 07 725)

INDYSHELBY (Vista ? 725?)

Shelby 08 (Black 07? 725?)

Do you mean your car is being converted by Tasca to a SS and will be finished next week?

It's being converted by Tasca, but not a SS. It's their Super Cobra Jet package. Similar to the original 1967 GT500 and Super Snake.

1967 retro ram air hood with 67 style hood pins,1967 retro race mirrors, window/side scoopes, 1967 OEM emblems, trunk mounted battery, roll bar, Hurst shifter, 18" retro Mustang racing wheels, suspension mods, engine mods, TVS/723rwhp on a 93 tune.

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd174/a...Shelbypage1.jpg

Thanks Adam (his photobucket)

So at the moment we have the following members cars waiting there for conversion: -

Nomis (Alloy 08 605)

Viper UK (Vapor 08 605)

Alexandros (Red ? 725?)

RedC500 (Black 07 725)

Nomis,

Just a little correction..Red 07 605...at Tasca since May 05, 2008....Thanks

Nomis (Alloy 08 605)

Viper UK (Vapor 08 605)

Alexandros (Red ? 725?)

RedC500 (Black 07 725)

oops..... :banghead: its an 07 :burnout:

It's being converted by Tasca, but not a SS. It's their Super Cobra Jet package.

Thanks Adam

Okay, thanks Adam.

So as yet no one has had a SS built by Tasca.

From what INDYSHELBY has said, his car will be the first members car to be converted to SS by Tasca. At least they seem to be building them now (albeit with some parts missing!).

The list reads: -

INDYSHELBY (Vista 08 725)

Nomis (Alloy 08 605)

Viper UK (Vapor 08 605)

Alexandros (Red 07 605)

RedC500 (Black 07 725)

Shelby 08 (Black 07 725)

Does anyone else have thier car at Tasca - I was told there were about 15 in the secure carpark.

Guest markham51

My car has been at Tasca since April 1 awaiting 725Hp SS conversion. 07 Tungsten coupe, polished sc w black brakes.

Mark

My car has been at Tasca since April 1 awaiting 725Hp SS conversion. 07 Tungsten coupe, polished sc w black brakes.

Mark

Nomis (Alloy 08 605)

Viper UK (Vapor 08 605)

Alexandros (Red 07 605)

RedC500 (Black 07 725)

Shelby 08 (Black 07 725)

Markham51 (Tungsten 07 725)

:beerchug:

Anyone else?

Okay, thanks Adam.

So as yet no one has had a SS built by Tasca.

From what INDYSHELBY has said, his car will be the first members car to be converted to SS by Tasca. At least they seem to be building them now (albeit with some parts missing!).

The list reads: -

Nomis (Alloy 08 605)

Viper UK (Vapor 08 605)

Alexandros (Red 07 605)

RedC500 (Black 07 725)

Shelby 08 (Black 07 725)

Does anyone else have thier car at Tasca - I was told there were about 15 in the secure carpark.

KKhanlian (Black 07 vert 605) TASCA since April 2nd, scheduled 4th to be built #304

INDYSHELBY (Vista 08 725) #1

KKhanlian (Black 07 Vert 605) #4

Nomis (Alloy 08 605) #?

Viper UK (Vapor 08 605) #?

Alexandros (Red 07 605) #?

RedC500 (Black 07 725) #?

Shelby 08 (Black 07 725) #?

Markham51 (Tungsten 07 725) #?

Cobraengineer (Red 07 Vert 605) #?

Okay guys, so it seems we have a #1 slot and a #4 slot - not too sure where the rest of us fit in!

Is anyone visiting Tasca during the build process of the car? My suggestion would be that if you do visit, perhaps we can ask Dennis for permission to take some photos of the cars being built as many of us are not local to RI and therefore, sharing photos is the only chance we'll get to see our car being built. What do people think of that idea?

Nomis (Alloy 08 605) #?

Okay guys, so it seems we have a #1 slot and a #4 slot - not too sure where the rest of us fit in!

Is anyone visiting Tasca during the build process of the car? My suggestion would be that if you do visit, perhaps we can ask Dennis for permission to take some photos of the cars being built as many of us are not local to RI and therefore, sharing photos is the only chance we'll get to see our car being built. What do people think of that idea?

thought the number one slot was a blue vert from NJ? Number 2 slot is another vert. don't they only have parts for the 605hp builds?

from the other Tasca thread, Kyle 4/30/08;

Hey guys! The owner gave me the go-ahead Monday morning to let you guys know it will be a Vista Blue 605HP Super Snake as the first official Super Snake built at Tasca; His name is Ray and he is from NJ.

I dont know which car is first, all I know is my car has been at TASCA since first of April. Hopefully they will get the parts they need this week.It took SAI some time to get started but they are moving faster now I would think TASCA gets parts and builds a few it will speed up.

I dont know which car is first, all I know is my car has been at TASCA since first of April. Hopefully they will get the parts they need this week.It took SAI some time to get started but they are moving faster now I would think TASCA gets parts and builds a few it will speed up.

INDYSHELBY (Vista 08 725) #?

Nomis (Alloy 08 605) #?

Okay guys, that has been amended.

I was under the impression that Tasca were getting 20 kits from SAI and that production would begin soon. There certainly are quite a few of us who have had their cars 'parked' at Tasca for a long period of time.

Nomis (Alloy 08 605) #?

Excellent idea for taking pictures but the question is who will do this....

INDYSHELBY (Vista 08 725) #?

Nomis (Alloy 08 605) #?

Okay guys, that has been amended.

I was under the impression that Tasca were getting 20 kits from SAI and that production would begin soon. There certainly are quite a few of us who have had their cars 'parked' at Tasca for a long period of time.

When I brought my car down Dennis said they have all the parts except one...but he did not tell me which part is missing.....

Excellent idea for taking pictures but the question is who will do this....

If we keep know which members have cars there that is half the problem solved! :)

I am sure one of the local guys will be going down when their car is being built and at that point, the guys who are further away will just have to guilt them into bringing their camera with them to Tasca! ;)

When I brought my car down Dennis said they have all the parts except one...but he did not tell me which part is missing.....

IIRC, you brought your car in about 4-weeks back? Seeing as SAI are building cars and the parts are flowing, that would seem a long long wait for a part.

I'm sure Dennis was telling the truth, I just don't understand the delay. :(

IIRC, you brought your car in about 4-weeks back? Seeing as SAI are building cars and the parts are flowing, that would seem a long long wait for a part.

I'm sure Dennis was telling the truth, I just don't understand the delay. :(

It is strange that they would delay production for one part.... :headscratch: but it seems they are ........... :waiting:

they need the KB (725hp) blowers

total 9 cars that I know 0f, already at tasca

4 require 725 hp blowers

5 require 605 hp blowers

so does that mean they will do the 605 hp cars first?..this does make good

business cense...then when the 725's arrive they could start them ??

:headscratch: ........Please understand I am just as anxious as every one else.....summer will soon be here :yup::yup::speedie:

Can`t understand why they would ask people to bring their cars in for the SS conversion & not have the parts to do the job. It seems to me that somebody drop the ball .What I understand is these people have put a substantial amount of money down several months ago & they are told they are still waiting for a part ? I think if my car was one of them I would be a TAD upset & be looking for some answers. OMO

Yes Im starting to feel like things are slower than I thought. I havnt been able to drive my car for 2 months with no sure end in sight I just have to focus on the end result. I havent heard from Dennis I emailed hoping for more updates no answer. Maybe someone close to TASCA could take a picture of our cars in the warhouse it would be nice to see them all together. Waiting for news

Yes Im starting to feel like things are slower than I thought. I havnt been able to drive my car for 2 months with no sure end in sight I just have to focus on the end result. I havent heard from Dennis I emailed hoping for more updates no answer. Maybe someone close to TASCA could take a picture of our cars in the warhouse it would be nice to see them all together. Waiting for news

instead of complaining about tasca why not call shelby and complain about their shipping policy, why would shelby ship 90 % of the order and leave tasca high and dry on production. Production at shelby continues. i also am waiting for my call at tasca for the snake conversion. As a business owner, i would be concerned on sitting on a lot of parts that have to be paid for. net 30 and at a stand still, no profits yet?. i also have called dennis and he has responded by email within 24 hrs

Archived