TEAM SHELBY FORUM

40th Rear Brake Duct install

Anybody out there who did the rear brake duct install by themselves? I replaced my rear control arms prior to getting my 40th done so I got them shipped with all my take off parts. I was curious if you had any pics of the install you did and how you did it.

I've got 3 duct parts for each side, no hardware probably fell out of the mangled box of crap they were in.

Anybody out there who did the rear brake duct install by themselves? I replaced my rear control arms prior to getting my 40th done so I got them shipped with all my take off parts. I was curious if you had any pics of the install you did and how you did it.

I've got 3 duct parts for each side, no hardware probably fell out of the mangled box of crap they were in.

I'm in the same boat wingnut. I have BMR LCA's so they could not install the rear ducts. I'm not even sure they put them in my return parts. Are they the hard plastic pieces? Maybe someone that has theirs installed can take a picture of it for us.

Guys,

I had the same problem with my Fiore LCAs. They were fairly easy to install. Each side has 2 pieces. The front vent connects to the underside of the car--you drill into the vent with a 1" hole saw, then use the screw to attach to the car, then plug 1" hole with plug. Next the LCA vent drill 2 1 holes in the vent, then use the metal bracket on the inside of the LCA install the 2 bolts to attach the vent and then plug the holes. Good Luck.

Stuart

PS - I had to cut down the metal brackets to fit my LCAs.

Guys,

I had the same problem with my Fiore LCAs. They were fairly easy to install. Each side has 2 pieces. The front vent connects to the underside of the car--you drill into the vent with a 1" hole saw, then use the screw to attach to the car, then plug 1" hole with plug. Next the LCA vent drill 2 1 holes in the vent, then use the metal bracket on the inside of the LCA install the 2 bolts to attach the vent and then plug the holes. Good Luck.

Stuart

Thanks for the info Stuart.

• 1 month later...
Guys,

Stuart

Here are some pics to go with the description above. Yes, I know the underside of my car is dirty! :hysterical: It's a daily driver....

post-7616-1215354496.jpg

post-7616-1215354514.jpg

post-7616-1215354496.jpg

post-7616-1215354514.jpg

One more pic:

Hey Speed - am i seeing this correctly? That looks like the right duct on the left side - and it's upside down. Note the tire channel on the duct.

Also - I left the forward duct just outside of the rear duct rather than inside it - so it clears when the car moves up and down. I noticed it would rub and the noise bothered me.

Hey Speed - am i seeing this correctly? That looks like the right duct on the left side - and it's upside down. Note the tire channel on the duct.

Flyboy,

I think you're right! Duh... I'll go out and fix it now. Thanks....

Stuart

Also - I left the forward duct just outside of the rear duct rather than inside it - so it clears when the car moves up and down. I noticed it would rub and the noise bothered me.

Flyboy,

Fixed. Thanks again... Regards.

Stuart

Archived