TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Delivery in 3 weeks (so they claim)

FordEvangelist

Today,

from MustangTuning.com I ordered:

18x10 DD Chrome Bullitts for the back (285/40's going on)

18x9 DD Chrome Bullitts for the front (255/40's going on)

Pony Center Caps

Dynamite Sequential Taillight kit

14" Antenna (hey, I was click happy!)

Then I went to Steeda.com and ordered the 3D Carbon 500 spoiler (duplicate of the GT500 spoiler and uses existing holes. Need to get it painted when it gets here.

More goodies to follow....

• 2 weeks later...

did you end up deciding (or not ) to get a supercharger?

You bet! I'm down to the Powerhouse411.com Turbo or the Saleen Stage II from TeamJdm.com.

Waiting to see dyno numbers on the turbo. A guy I know is supposed to dyno his turbo'd '06 on Sept 14.

Could still go with the new 2.6L Kenne-Bell though.

I also will wait till I have at least ~2000 miles on the car to mod the engine. Just want to shake out any bugs that might be in there first.

Advertised #'s on the turbo kit are pretty good but many, many people are running the Saleen and getting nice numbers at the track. JDM seems to have that kit figured out pretty good. Either one should get me 440+ RWHP.

(and I have to decide if I'm going to keep the car for at least 3-5 years - cause I ain't gonna get any return on the blower $$!)

Is that why we buy a blower, to get a ROI...I think not.

Then I went to Steeda.com and ordered the 3D Carbon 500 spoiler (duplicate of the GT500 spoiler and uses existing holes. Need to get it painted when it gets here.

FE,

You can/could get a real GT500 spoiler, which has 4 holes vice the two that the 3d carbon spoiler has, for the same price. PM me with your email address, if you want the details.

Guest evilchris

FE,

You can/could get a real GT500 spoiler, which has 4 holes vice the two that the 3d carbon spoiler has, for the same price. PM me with your email address, if you want the details.

Will the OEM GT500 spoiler bolt right onto a GT with the factory spoiler holes?

Guest evilchris

Looked at mine compared to 2007 Gt and they appear to have identical holes

Cool thanks. That's the only appearance mod I am going to do. I hate the factory spoiler. I only left it on my order in anticipation that I would want the holes there for a better spoiler.

No - I don't think of ROI - but I do consider bang for the buck.

Spending $6500 or so on a blower spread out on a 3-5 year ownership with zero return at time of sale does factor into the buying decision.

How often will I use the additional hp? What's that worth to me? And - the cost of 91 octane and lower mpg.

All factors in making the decision.

But - it would look and sound very - very cool! :rockon:

No - I don't think of ROI - but I do consider bang for the buck.

Spending $6500 or so on a blower spread out on a 3-5 year ownership with zero return at time of sale does factor into the buying decision.

How often will I use the additional hp? What's that worth to me? And - the cost of 91 octane and lower mpg.

All factors in making the decision.

But - it would look and sound very - very cool! :rockon:

Come on, you know you want it :drool:

:speedie:

I'm trying very hard - thank you - to reach a decision based on logic.

Jack - give me a BLOWER!

Sorry. :baby:

Never use logic when purchasing performance parts! Use the "I don't care how much it costs, I just want to go fast" train of thought. Jeez $6,500 is insane high for a blower, I guess you gotta pay for the warranty a Roush provides. You could spend $2K less on a turbo and get the same result, albeit no warranty.

BTW, pick up an autotrader, blown cars do go for more than their N/A counterparts. You won't get it all back...nor should you expect to.

FE,

Thanks man - I would take you up on that but I've already got the 3D Carbon one painted and sitting in my office ;-]

Car is ETA this Saturday! (Sep 18). I've got Eibach Pro springs, Tokico D-Specs, the DD Bullitts and tires, sequential taillights, CHE panhard bar and CHE panhard brace all waitin' (or already ordered and arriving very soon) on it to arrive.

If it does get here Saturday, I'll do the spoiler changeout and the taillights that night or Sunday. The suspension stuff will not be done for a week or so due to time constaints. I'll post pics as it happens though.

You bet! I'm down to the Powerhouse411.com Turbo or the Saleen Stage II from TeamJdm.com.

Waiting to see dyno numbers on the turbo. A guy I know is supposed to dyno his turbo'd '06 on Sept 14.

Could still go with the new 2.6L Kenne-Bell though.

I also will wait till I have at least ~2000 miles on the car to mod the engine. Just want to shake out any bugs that might be in there first.

Advertised #'s on the turbo kit are pretty good but many, many people are running the Saleen and getting nice numbers at the track. JDM seems to have that kit figured out pretty good. Either one should get me 440+ RWHP.

Goodgodamighty... friend of mine put this down on the dyno today. Check it out here: Powerhouse Turbo Thread

461RWHP/479RWTQ. Suh-weeet....

Thanks man - I would take you up on that but I've already got the 3D Carbon one painted and sitting in my office ;-]

Car is ETA this Saturday! (Sep 18). I've got Eibach Pro springs, Tokico D-Specs, the DD Bullitts and tires, sequential taillights, CHE panhard bar and CHE panhard brace all waitin' (or already ordered and arriving very soon) on it to arrive.

If it does get here Saturday, I'll do the spoiler changeout and the taillights that night or Sunday. The suspension stuff will not be done for a week or so due to time constaints. I'll post pics as it happens though.

FE,

would love to hear how the tokico's and springs work out for you when you get them in. I'm thinking about doing the same thing in the next few months.

Hi FE... interesting upgrades... I am interested in the sequential taillights at first.... (A Cougar fan...) Are they a plug in or do you need to splice into the electicals?

Bert

Archived