TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Heading out to the Middle East.

Holy Cow!!! I’m off the net for a couple of weeks and all hell breaks loose! Name calling and insults abound, Kurgan calls down the thunder and gets his :censored: slapped! Jeez, I thought the war was in Iraq and Afghanistan? Anyways, I’m glad that issue was put to bed. Well folks its my time to head over to the sand box and I wish you all a good Summer driving your Shelbys and I will be thinking of you crazy folks who I call friends of the Shelby family. I hope to get on the internet often once I am down range. The Air Force restricts a lot of websites. I hope this forum isn’t one of them. I've been driving my SGT as much as possible in the last few days before I put her up in storage. I went to Hooters today and ask the manager if he would allow some of his employees to pose with my SGT. He said sure and the picture below is the result. So now I can enlarge the picture and frame it and hang it in my room in billeting. It will be a morale booster for all of us guys who get tired of looking at all the ninjas & goats running around out here. (OEF and OIF people know what I’m talking about) Hot Girls and Fast Cars, God Bless America! Take care everybody and lay some of that good old American rubber on that asphalt for me!

I'll stay in touch. -Flyingbadger

post-12648-1211436582.jpg

Holy Cow!!! I’m off the net for a couple of weeks and all hell breaks loose! Name calling and insults abound, Kurgan calls down the thunder and gets his :censored: slapped! Jeez, I thought the war was in Iraq and Afghanistan? Anyways, I’m glad that issue was put to bed. Well folks its my time to head over to the sand box and I wish you all a good Summer driving your Shelbys and I will be thinking of you crazy folks who I call friends of the Shelby family. I hope to get on the internet often once I am down range. The Air Force restricts a lot of websites. I hope this forum isn’t one of them. I've been driving my SGT as much as possible in the last few days before I put her up in storage. I went to Hooters today and ask the manager if he would allow some of his employees to pose with my SGT. He said sure and the picture below is the result. So now I can enlarge the picture and frame it and hang it in my room in billeting. It will be a morale booster for all of us guys who get tired of looking at all the ninjas & goats running around out here. (OEF and OIF people know what I’m talking about) Hot Girls and Fast Cars, God Bless America! Take care everybody and lay some of that good old American rubber on that asphalt for me!

Flyingbadgers2001, Nice picture of your ride and the pretty girls. I wish you a safe and successful tour of duty. I am looking forward to coming home and driving my car again too. Be safe!

Wow, I think I will print out and frame that picture also! Thank you for your service to our Country.

It's really fun over here. You're going to love it! :D

As far as "I hope to get on the internet often once I am down range. The Air Force restricts a lot of websites. I hope this forum isn’t one of them. "

I've had no problem getting on here 24/7, but I'm in USMC land. No problems in Baghdad or Kuwait either.

Well once you get your OIF medal (30 days on the ground) you can join the prestegious Shelby Afghanistan & Iraq Veterans Club (SAIVC) ;)

Be safe over here.

It's really fun over here. You're going to love it! :D

As far as "I hope to get on the internet often once I am down range. The Air Force restricts a lot of websites. I hope this forum isn’t one of them. "

I've had no problem getting on here 24/7, but I'm in USMC land. No problems in Baghdad or Kuwait either.

Well once you get your OIF medal (30 days on the ground) you can join the prestegious Shelby Afghanistan & Iraq Veterans Club (SAIVC) ;)

Be safe over here.

Hey Mark,

I just thought of something. Remember when you were torturing yourself about whether to get the Paxton for your 2008 SGT? In the end, you decided "not right now" for a variety of reasons. You must be following the story of the "they will never be C.A.R.B. certified" Paxton superchargers and smiling over the insanity you are missing over here. I will PM you with some information on the supercharger issue that will bring you up to date.

When are you coming home?

Jim

Hey Mark,

I just thought of something. Remember when you were torturing yourself about whether to get the Paxton for your 2008 SGT? In the end, you decided "not right now" for a variety of reasons. You must be following the story of the "they will never be C.A.R.B. certified" Paxton superchargers and smiling over the insanity you are missing over here. I will PM you with some information on the supercharger issue that will bring you up to date.

When are you coming home?

Jim

Only considered the Whipple, but still made the right decision for me. As I said in the PM, I'm just happy to be a member of the Shelby owners club.

I can tell when I'm coming home, but then I would have to kill you ;) (see your pm)

Speaking of "killing". We have saying out here known as the "3 P's" They taught it to us in Ft Campbell and reinforeced when we got here.

1. Be Polite

2. Be Professional

3. Have a Plan to kill everyone you meet.

You never know who the bad guys may be.

Only considered the Whipple, but still made the right decision for me. As I said in the PM, I'm just happy to be a member of the Shelby owners club.

I can tell when I'm coming home, but then I would have to kill you ;) (see your pm)

Speaking of "killing". We have saying out here known as the "3 P's" They taught it to us in Ft Campbell and reinforeced when we got here.

1. Be Polite

2. Be Professional

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: I like it...

1. Be Polite

2. Be Professional

Kenne Bell is now on the list for the '08 SGT Superchargers... What are your thoughts? I was going to get a Paxton but they're not going to be online until early '09. So SAI has decided on a smaller KB than in the Supersnakes. I saw one on a SS last weekend, it's pretty nice. The specs at KB look OK, and the 500HP option works on the automatic (important for me).

I'll echo everyone else here and say, stay safe and God speed and we do appreciate your sacrifice. Oh and thanks for posting the great pic. You know we like pics :happy feet:

Jim

Oh, and one more thing...maybe while you're over there, could you and the boys negotiate some good oil prices for us??? :lol:

Always watch your "Six" ... and we'll see you when you get back!!!

V/r J

Archived