TEAM SHELBY FORUM

09 Production

Since the 09 model year is going to be a short one and production for the 09 Mustangs should start at any time now, I am wondering when I can expect my GT500? I know alot of this is going to be speculation.

1. When will Ford start producting the GT500 for 09 MY?

2. Will the addition of the GT500 KR make the GT500 wait longer?

All the dealer insights would be appreciated.

We have no idea!

09 is scheduled to start Monday and still no word from Ford as to how they are doing allocation for 09.

To my knowledge all GT500's on order are sitting on material hold status. I don't think any have been scheduled as far as I know.

When Ford will start scheduling them and tell the dealers something is anyone's guess. You would think by now they would have told us something. We don't even know if we will even get a GT500 for 09. I suspect with production on these only being for 6 months then a lot of dealers may not get one for 09.

This is typical of Ford to leave their dealers hanging. Many probably have sold orders and don't even know if they will get any to fill those orders. It would be nice if Ford told us something so we know if we need to tell our customers whether they will get their car or not!

Hey Shelby Dude,got a question since I'm guessing you work at a Ford dealer,How do I order a GT500 ? Do I go to any Ford dealer and tell them I would like to order an 09 GT500 ? Sorry if its a dumb question but this is something I'm trying my get for my Dad.

You have to order it through a dealer. Any dealer can order it as long as they have allocation to get one. Right now Ford has not said how they are giving out allocation for the 09 model yet.

But as long as the dealer has allocation to get one they can order it. The next issue is how much dealer wants for it? Some are still wanting $5k - $10k over MSRP for their cars. Some will sell it for MSRP.

So you have to find a dealer that has allocation to get one AND be willing to sell it to you for a price you are comfortable with paying.

Do you think the GT500 KR will push back production of the GT500? I figure that since SAI is backed up with the KR, the GT500 might be delayed a month or two.

I don't see what that would have to do with anything. The cars for the KR are built. So that should have no baring on future cars being built. The GT500 has nothing to do with SAI as far as production goes. They are all built at Ford.

Hey Shelby Dude,got a question since I'm guessing you work at a Ford dealer,How do I order a GT500 ? Do I go to any Ford dealer and tell them I would like to order an 09 GT500 ? Sorry if its a dumb question but this is something I'm trying my get for my Dad.

Here in New England, it's catch as catch can. I speak from my experience shopping last year. Some dealers would not discuss the possibility of purchasing a GT500. I suspect it is because their allotment was already committed. Others will promptly blurt out their expected ADM, while others seemed willing to discuss the sale price.

Good luck hunting.

We're still waiting for Ford to tell us our GT500 allocation number for '09 here, as well. I suspect we'll get 2 or 3 of them (got 6 in '07, and 5 in '08). '09 production starts next week and ends the last week of January, so definitely a shorter production run.

We don't even have allocation for regular Mustangs yet, so we haven't begun ordering any '09 Mustangs of any kind yet. I'll start putting orders into the order banks next week in the hopes that our rep can get us some '09 Mustangs scheduled finally (including a few GT500's). Ford is being low key on the '09's - likely because the '10's start production in February, so they don't want to load up dealers with '09's with a refresh on the way soon!

We're still waiting for Ford to tell us our GT500 allocation number for '09 here, as well. I suspect we'll get 2 or 3 of them (got 6 in '07, and 5 in '08). '09 production starts next week and ends the last week of January, so definitely a shorter production run.

We don't even have allocation for regular Mustangs yet, so we haven't begun ordering any '09 Mustangs of any kind yet. I'll start putting orders into the order banks next week in the hopes that our rep can get us some '09 Mustangs scheduled finally (including a few GT500's). Ford is being low key on the '09's - likely because the '10's start production in February, so they don't want to load up dealers with '09's with a refresh on the way soon!

So I take it no GT500's will get built at all next week since they haven't scheduled anything? Maybe 09 production is being pushed back farther since no mustang orders are being pulled?

How can they start production on Monday if no orders are scheduled?

And if they push everything back will they push back the end date as well or will this cut even more down on the number of units being built?

With about 3500 dealers and only 4k or so GT500's for 09, how can any dealer get 3 or more of these? This means a lot of dealers won't get any at all if they do that.

Blackout, don't know where you are in California, but it's pretty much a lock that Galpin Ford in Los Angeles will get GT500 allocations if or when they are assigned for 2009. They also have some 08's in stock now.

Good luck.

The 08 MY build out was a week or so ago. I don't think they will have final numbers for at least a month or more. I thought that after Ford built the GT500 it was shipped to SAI for something then to the dealer but I guess that is not the case. I guess I was a little confused on the process.

Blackout, don't know where you are in California, but it's pretty much a lock that Galpin Ford in Los Angeles will get GT500 allocations if or when they are assigned for 2009. They also have some 08's in stock now.

Good luck.

I was searching trough there inventory on the GT500,I want a Red Coupe and they have two for 45,000,but lets see how that goes when I pay a visit.

So I take it no GT500's will get built at all next week since they haven't scheduled anything? Maybe 09 production is being pushed back farther since no mustang orders are being pulled?

And if they push everything back will they push back the end date as well or will this cut even more down on the number of units being built?

With about 3500 dealers and only 4k or so GT500's for 09, how can any dealer get 3 or more of these? This means a lot of dealers won't get any at all if they do that.

Actually, it's not that Ford hasn't scheduled any 09 Mustangs nationwide, it's just that our dealership did not get any 09 Mustangs allocated at our last couple wholesale meetings. I trust plenty of dealers have allocation so Flat Rock will be building Mustangs next week.

And yes, there will be dealers that don't get any 09 GT500's, while other dealers get several. We are a large volume Ford / SVT dealer (we've been full line SVT since day one is 1993) so we get more than average. With 3500 dealers and 12K 07 GT500's, that would be about 3.5 GT500's per dealership, but we got 6 of them. 2008 GT500 production probably worked out to 2 per dealership on average, yet we got 5 of them. Our allocation for 2009 will likely be similar in that respect - more than a simple mathematical average.

The 08 MY build out was a week or so ago. I don't think they will have final numbers for at least a month or more. I thought that after Ford built the GT500 it was shipped to SAI for something then to the dealer but I guess that is not the case. I guess I was a little confused on the process.

08 finishes up tomorrow.

If any Dealer gets more than 3, I would say Galpin??????????????

:hysterical3: The #1 cheaters or I mean dealers in the world?????????????

Here's the production volumes for the 2009 Shelby GT500and KR.

2009 Shelby GT500 & GT500KR Certification

As a result of the abbreviated Model Year for 2009, production of the GT500 and GT500KR will be limited. Estimated US volumes for the 2009 Shelby GT500 are approximately 3000 units and are approximately 571 units for the 2009MY Shelby GT500KR. As a result, we will be unable to provide allocation to every dealership in the program.

almost every ford starts between now and the month or so for 2009 MY. The full communication from ford is as follows:

correction: 4 models of Ford/lincoln/mercury will change over to 2009 before the end of june. MKZ, MILAN, Fusion, and Mustang

May 23, 2008

To: All Ford Dealers

Subject: EFC0200630DC 2009MY Shelby GT500 & GT500KR Dealer Certification Program

Summary:

We are excited to announce the return of the Shelby GT500 and GT500KR for the 2009 Model Year. Please review this communication for information regarding allocation and enrollment in the 2009MY program.

Allocation:

As a result of the abbreviated Model Year for 2009, production of the GT500 and GT500KR will be limited. Estimated US volumes for the 2009 Shelby GT500 are approximately 3000 units and are approximately 571 units for the 2009MY Shelby GT500KR. As a result, we will be unable to provide allocation to every dealership in the program.

Dealerships must be in compliance with all terms and conditions described in the Ford Sales & Service Agreement in order to be eligible for allocation.

Vehicle allocation plans are detailed below:

2009MY Shelby GT500

Dealerships will earn allocation based on a Share of Nation calculation utilizing 2007MY Mustang sales.

2009MY Shelby GT500KR

Dealerships that sold 2007MY retail Mustangs will be entered in to a random draw lottery, similar to the lottery held for 2008MY Mustang GT500KR allocation.

As a reminder, here are the details of the lottery process:

Each Region will earn allocation based on the Region's share of 2007MY retail Mustang sales. All 18 Regions (17 Contact and 1 Select) will earn allocation.

Dealerships will be provided "dealer chips" to be entered into a random draw lottery, with each dealer's chip amount representing the dealerships' share of their respective Region's retail Mustang sales (see example below).

Dealerships in the Select Dealer Region will be entered in to the Select Dealer Region drawing and not in to their facing Contact Region's drawing

Example:

Region A earns 10% of the Shelby GT500s based on their 2007MY retail sales.

Dealer ABC, who sold 5% of Region A's 2007MY retail Mustangs would then receive 5% of the total "dealer chips" allocated for Region A's Random draw lottery.

Additionally, a few lucky dealers were awarded allocation through the random draw lottery held in Las Vegas at the 2008 One Ford Dealer Show in April.

Dealership Enrollment

Currently enrolled Shelby dealerships will be automatically enrolled for the 2009MY program.

No action is necessary for these dealerships that wish to remain in the 2009MY Shelby GT500 program

An enrollment fee of $750 will be charged to the dealerships parts statement for all dealers who receive allocation. This enrollment fee will be charged after the final allocation for the 2009MY is determined.

For dealerships currently enrolled in the program that wish to cancel their enrollment, please fax in the attached cancellation form by 5/30/08

Training Requirements:

Sales certification will remain a requirement for this program. Both of the Ford Retailer Education & Training exam below must be completed by one or more of the dealer's sales staff.

Mustang (Exam Code – 3300) 30 question test

Shelby GT500 (Exam Code – 3368)* 23 question test

Sales consultants can access these product knowledge tests from their personalized certification planners in STARS2 or from FMC Dealer, by clicking on Training & Recognition, My Training, Online testing and then Product Exams, Test out Exams, and Post tests.

*This test is not required for Ford Retailer Education & Training Sales Certification, but is required for Shelby GT500 & GT500KR allocation.

Archived