TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Out of State Delivery

ANR6

I am supposed to take delivery of my Shelby in early Sept.

I live in the Detroit area, but had to order the car from a Cincinnati Dealer.

It is ony 280+ miles away, but I want to have the car delivered in an enclosed car hauler.

Does anyone have a name and/or number to a company that you dealt with before that can deliver from Ohio to Michigan. Thanks for any help

It is ony 280+ miles away, but I want to have the car delivered in an enclosed car hauler.

Does anyone have a name and/or number to a company that you dealt with before that can deliver from Ohio to Michigan. Thanks for any help

Might want to investigate a courtesy delivery. Do a search on this forum, there has been considerable discussion on this.

P.S. Care to share the Cincy dealer name? That's where I grew up.

Dave

Might want to investigate a courtesy delivery. Do a search on this forum, there has been considerable discussion on this.

P.S. Care to share the Cincy dealer name? That's where I grew up.

Dave

I found the car on Ebay and dealt with Charlie Bryant at John Nolan Ford.

We (Lone Star Ford) use Blue Shield exclusively to haul our Ford GT's all over the country. It's a small outfit, but they have transported over 30 GT's to our customers without incident - always on time and very friendly and professional service. Not the cheapest (not the most expensive either), but the best in our experience. 972-824-9656

We (Lone Star Ford) use Blue Shield exclusively to haul our Ford GT's all over the country. It's a small outfit, but they have transported over 30 GT's to our customers without incident - always on time and very friendly and professional service. Not the cheapest (not the most expensive either), but the best in our experience. 972-824-9656

Ratnacage

Thanks for the contact info. I will contact Blue Shield in the AM

shouldn't a courtesy delivery / drop ship, actually be when the vehicle come right from Ford to dealer of delivery bypassing selling dealer all together ? Therefore, no additional cost from selling dealer, only some additional cost of the "courtesy delivery" - PDI etc...

No third party shipper gets involved. Car never sets foot on selling dealer grounds.

Thanks, Ratnacage

I contacted the guy at Blue Shield and their price was better than Fedex Passport and I like the idea that once my car is loaded it doesn't move until we unload it in my garage. :rockon: Now if Ford will just build the :censored: thing

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks, Ratnacage

I contacted the guy at Blue Shield and their price was better than Fedex Passport and I like the idea that once my car is loaded it doesn't move until we unload it in my garage. :rockon: Now if Ford will just build the :censored: thing

what kind of price did they quote you? how many miles? covered enclosure?

Archived