TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT 500 Ford cold air intake ?

Has anyone put on the Ford cold air intake ? Can you notice the seat in the pants feel ?Is there any intake sound increase? Did you have the dealer install and how much time did he charge ? Thanks and any other info would be helpfull.

Has anyone put on the Ford cold air intake ? Can you notice the seat in the pants feel ?Is there any intake sound increase? Did you have the dealer install and how much time did he charge ? Thanks and any other info would be helpfull.

Have the FRPP CAI installed. You can really notice a diff. in sound and getup and go. :shift: I installed it myself. The instructions are pretty straight forward. Take your time and it should be done in about 1/2 - 1 hr. Make sure you have the tune to program following installation. Didn't have the car dynoed before installing but hope to have it done this weekend if the weather holds out.

Is the increase sound a whine of the supercharger or intake roar of more air ? When you got the tuner was it loaded with the tune or did you have to download from Ford ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes, yes, yes, yes and 1 hour for $120.00 plus the entire FR-1 package. In short, $1400 total.

Airborne

OK put the Ford racing CAI on last week. @ a 5mph roll she lights up the rears which didn't happen before.Didn't go the dealer install because that would limit me to 3 years 36000 miles maybe . I can always re-flash and put it back to stock if needed. Plus not sure what is really covered under the Ford racing . This car needs some more traction out back. Can't imagine what some more miles ( current 585 )and cool temp how you can hook up. It's in the 90's now in Atlanta.

Archived