TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Getting a SHELBY FIX...

Haven't seen or driven my GT-500 in 11 months... Was getting twitchy until I scored this little baby for the next week!!! :happy feet:

6 days in a SHELBY GT-H (07-192)!!!! Took her out for a 60 mile warm-up right away...

GT-H 07-192 pics on 18 May 2008 in Tampa, FL

Initial impression: Car is in good shape; Plenty of HP & Love the exhaust note! Will provide other updates as days and mileage add up :shift:

Keith

Nice to hear you're getting some drive time in.

When are you back in the states to get your baby ?

Grabber, looks like we'll be back by late July/early Aug... Thinking Labor Day Weekend for the road trip from AZ to GA!

Keith

Keith what part of MY state are you coming to?

michael morris

Michael, I'll be stationed at Moody AFB down in Valdosta. will be looking for shows, meet & greets, and track time in the fall!

Keith

UPDATE:

Have driven 07H192 around Tampa for a couple hundred miles this week, so haven't really had the chance to get an impression other than driving on city streets...

The suspension is stout, so it can ride a little rough if the roads are in bad shape. I've never owned a Vert so it's abit noiser than I'm used to versus a coupe. Lots of external noise (even with the top up) and a fair number of rattles in the "cockpit". Passenger seat backrest seems to rattle the most and make the majority of the noise. When I set a heavy backpack in the seat it seemed to reduce the noise.

Vert top is in good shape (clean) and functions very precisely. Overall the car could certainly do with a good interior detailing but it's pretty clean given it's a rental.

Exterior issues are fair... front and rear stripes on the bumpers are pretty dinged up and need replacing. The Hood fitment is a little bit off on the left side (slightly higher than the right side) and there is one area that appears like a crack in the paint near the right side hoodpin assembly. Just a couple of minor door dings on the left rear qtr panel and a body shop could easily take out.

The engine compartmet looks good. No signs of fluid or dirt issues... interesting to note when I did the inspection with the Hertz Mgr he commented on the sensors in the engine bay being added to prevent engines from being stolen!!! Apparently in the first weeks of the GT-H program someone actually replaced a GT-H engine with a regular Mustang engine and returned the car.

It's raining today, so no pics, but tomorrow I'll get her out on the I-4 over to Orlando and let her loose a bit! Pics to follow later. Just wanted to catalog my impressions for whomever may pick up this car in a future GT-H auction...

Am convinced a Shelby of any type (GT-H, GT, GT500) is a fun car to drive :shift: !

Keith

FINAL Update: Business trip concluded, so I had to return the GT-H this morning! Managed 417 miles this week to include a 130 mile Interstate roundtrip between Tampa/Orlando.

07H192 runs really great on the open road! Gas mileage wasn't what I expected, but hey, I was averaging around 80 mph most of the way;o)

Car seems to have an out of balance tire, there was a slight vibe in the steering wheel, but not enought to definitely say it was a front tire, so it could just as well have come from one of the rears. The tires themselves looked in good shape.

Interior leather and floor carpets were all in great shape, no issues.

Great fun to drive and overall impression is the car is in overall good condition. Didn't detect any engine or drive train issues (but I'm no expert)... of course, I suppose a diagnostic check on the engine could tell how it has been treated. At 15K+ miles, it needs some front brake work... they just didn't feel smooth when stopping.

Just wanted to provide this info to anyone who might happen to pick up 192 in an auction or from a dealer. Anyone can PM me if they want more info.

Spent all day Friday driving, so I didn't take any additional pics... Thankfully, my wife understood my need to get this fix and didn't mind the week-long rental $$!

keith

Archived