TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500KR STARTED PRODUCTION

• 2 weeks later...
They can't start until they get all the parts needed. That is why they haven't started. The parts are there yet! At least that is the reason I heard.

It's not like they didn't have plenty of time to plan out the supply chain side of this car did they?? Jeeze, they've been hyping this car publicly for what seems like forever.... not to mention how long Ford/SAI planned it prior to making it public.

Guess they figure they have a captive audience who will take whatever is given.

I have a feeling the customer might not.

It's not like they didn't have plenty of time to plan out the supply chain side of this car did they?? Jeeze, they've been hyping this car publicly for what seems like forever.... not to mention how long Ford/SAI planned it prior to making it public.

Yeah, Boeing and Airbus have planned their products for DECADES and they are YEARS behind. :talkhand:

From what I understand is that the HOODS were not up to what Ford thought they should be. SAI didnt order the hoods, Ford ordered them and painted them. So I think this is the hold up and has been this whole time. Not SAI, but Fords hoods.

michael morris

Ummm.... aftermarket hoods, wheels, various other off the shelf FRPP parts hardly equal the largest ever commercial airliner nor the first of a new generation of revolutionary carbon fiber passenger airliners.

This also isn't the first major delay for SAI for building their special edition Mustangs (here we are beginning MY2009 and only a small percentage of 2007 much less 2008 SS's have been completed - similar story for delays in 40th cars - from what I've read here).

I'm just pointing out that there seems to be persistant logistical issues that keep popping up for their halo cars.

Yeah, Boeing and Airbus have planned their products for DECADES and they are YEARS behind. :talkhand:

Ummm.... aftermarket hoods, wheels, various other off the shelf FRPP parts hardly equal the largest ever commercial airliner nor the first of a new generation of revolutionary carbon fiber passenger airliners.

This also isn't the first major delay for SAI for building their special edition Mustangs (here we are beginning MY2009 and only a small percentage of 2007 much less 2008 SS's have been completed - similar story for delays in 40th cars - from what I've read here).

I'm just pointing out that there seems to be persistant logistical issues that keep popping up for their halo cars.

I try to stay out of these things, but I'm compelled to respond...

Robert, I respect what you are saying and understand you are just trying to fend off the many attacks flying around regarding the KR, but I'm going to have to agree with Joe here. You need to stop making the Boeing/AirBus comparison. Boeing & Airbus are designing completely new and revolutionary airframes from scratch. The KR consists of a few, relatively easy modifications to an established automotive platform that's been around since 2005. They are hardly comparable products.

If there are delays around the KR then there are delays. Take your lumps. $h1t happens. Trying to compare a few bolt-ons to designing a state-of-the-art airframe isn't helping your case.

Just my $0.02

Archived