TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Steeda Cold Air Elbow

Any new updates? I want to get one.

I assume you're talking about the intake elbow from Steeda? If so I just put one on my car a week and a half ago. Only put maybe 20 miles on it since then though. The only thing I can say that I think I've noticed with it is it seems a little bit louder... which I'm perfectly ok with.

I assume you're talking about the intake elbow from Steeda? If so I just put one on my car a week and a half ago. Only put maybe 20 miles on it since then though. The only thing I can say that I think I've noticed with it is it seems a little bit louder... which I'm perfectly ok with.

Did you buy the carbon fiber version? I think the material the tube is made out of changes the way sound bounces off of it.

Did you buy the carbon fiber version? I think the material the tube is made out of changes the way sound bounces off of it.

Nope, bought the black plastic one. I'm going for a real subtle clean look in the engine bay and replacing the ugly stock hose was step 1. Here's the pic of it on the car...

DSCN2896.jpg

WOW this is an old thread...

The Steeda tube in plastic or CF looks way better then stock. I went with the CF and did notice a little throatier sound. HP gain was limited to my imagination and justification for buying the tube. Which is ok for me because the stock tube was hideous to me. Looks is the only reason why I changed out my stock headers.

• 3 months later...

Does this require a retune if this is the only mod to a stock SGT? Is this the same as the Anderson power pipe?

Steeda says you need a tune, but i think that's for the GT not our SGT's that are already tuned for more air with the FRPP CAI, I've heard some of the guys say that they didn't get a tune and had no probems. I personally got a tune but I already had the sct so the tune was free. I wouldn't go out and get a tuner and go and get the car retuned just for the elbow, not cost effective. It's not gonna throw any codes just changing out the elbow.

Not sure about the Anderson power pipe, never heard of it

Jeff

• 2 weeks later...

Archived