TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Track time!

I had my stock GT500 out a few times on the road course and wasn't that impressed with the way the car performed. That is what started me looking into the options out there for better performance. I found the 40th Anniversery package would get me what I was looking for and have one of the fewest produced Shelby Mustangs with a true CSM number. I had the conversion performed at SAI and picked the car up last month. The car looks great! I couldn't wait to see how it performed.

I went out a few days ago to the same road course and I couldn't believe the difference! It handles GREAT!!! I was with a few vets and an all wheel drive Porsch. I couldn't believe how the Porsch was sliding the rear around a few turns and I had plenty more to go. The stock brakes never faded. I did about 80 miles in 4 heats with 10 turns on the 1.9 mile route. The car is just awesome; LOVE IT!! I just thought I would put in my two cents to say the hastle in getting the 40th package done is worth it. I would do it again in a heartbeat!!

SAI: Thanks

Dr. Jon

I had my stock GT500 out a few times on the road course and wasn't that impressed with the way the car performed. That is what started me looking into the options out there for better performance. I found the 40th Anniversery package would get me what I was looking for and have one of the fewest produced Shelby Mustangs with a true CSM number. I had the conversion performed at SAI and picked the car up last month. The car looks great! I couldn't wait to see how it performed.

I went out a few days ago to the same road course and I couldn't believe the difference! It handles GREAT!!! I was with a few vets and an all wheel drive Porsch. I couldn't believe how the Porsch was sliding the rear around a few turns and I had plenty more to go. The stock brakes never faded. I did about 80 miles in 4 heats with 10 turns on the 1.9 mile route. The car is just awesome; LOVE IT!! I just thought I would put in my two cents to say the hastle in getting the 40th package done is worth it. I would do it again in a heartbeat!!

SAI: Thanks

Dr. Jon

Dr. Jon, Thanks for the comments. I am signed up for track days at Mid America with my 40th. Can't wait after reading your comments.

Dr Jon,

Just wait until TULSA... About the same length and number of turns as HPT, but with a whole lot more change in elevation... That and there WON'T be any Vettes on the track spoiling the view :slapfight: ... Enjoy!

Gregg

07SGT0547

Dr Jon,

Just wait until TULSA... About the same length and number of turns as HPT, but with a whole lot more change in elevation... That and there WON'T be any Vettes on the track spoiling the view :slapfight: ... Enjoy!

Gregg

07SGT0547

Hope to see you in Tulsa. We'll be taking drivers school Wednesday, then again Thursday for both of us.

One thing slipped my post though; may need new tires after Tulsa! Fronts at least.

Jon

Hope to see you in Tulsa. We'll be taking drivers school Wednesday, then again Thursday for both of us.

One thing slipped my post though; may need new tires after Tulsa! Fronts at least.

Jon

My Dad and I (A Father's Day Present to him) are arriving late on Wed Night... My "Track Day" is on Thursday (Group II = Passing Allowed)... And then we are going to "Hang Out" on Friday... Can't stay the weekend due to a busy work schedule back here in KC... But after last year, I can honestly tell you that one day on the track is enough... Unless you bring some spare brake pads and new tires :shift::shift::shift::shift:

post-8727-1211065175.jpg

See you there!

Gregg

07SGT0547

post-8727-1211065175.jpg

Archived