TEAM SHELBY FORUM

V6 to convert to Cs6

Galvo

Hi guys I jumped on this forum a while back but put the car out of my brain as it was way to expensive to do in Australia but cannot stop looking at it.

A couple of questions

1: If I was to buy a new V6 is there any extras that I should get with a new car, i realize what would be a waste of time ie wheels and stuff but should I invest in the premium package ? what do you get? is the shaker 1000 worth the extra bikkies?

2:can anyone recomend someone who could convert to right hand drive in the states that does quality work. this is priced over $30000 in Oz . A 2008 basic GT is $115000.00 here ( ok now get off the floor). $185k for a GT500 ( Ok sorry get up again you'll be alright) At 20k for base model v6 Im sure I can do it cheaper myself

3:On the shelby site the CS6 side stripes have a snake but all the others have CS logo?

4:If I do this it's going to cost me 100k + so I want to get it right Im still a little ways off but have decided to go for it so will start planning now.

5: How much does a new King of the road cost over there?

6: Has anyone done a CS6 in Grabber orange and black striping?

Any help would be appreciated and thanks Paolic for your help before but i havwe misplaced the paperwork and cannot find the old post.

Galvo

Hi guys I jumped on this forum a while back but put the car out of my brain as it was way to expensive to do in Australia but cannot stop looking at it.

A couple of questions

1: If I was to buy a new V6 is there any extras that I should get with a new car, i realize what would be a waste of time ie wheels and stuff but should I invest in the premium package ? what do you get? is the shaker 1000 worth the extra bikkies?

Make sure you get anti-lock brakes. The CS-6/BAER brake package only works with the optional brake package. If you want to do the CS-6 skip the Pony package as all the Pony package parts will be removed and replaced. Premium is up to you. How fancy do you want your car? It does add quite a bit of weight. I wanted luxury so I added everything but the shaker1000. Same with the shaker 1000. You like heavy bass? It does add 75 lbs to the trunk and takes up about 1/3 of the trunk space. Make sure you add an aftermarket aluminum driveshaft. The car is unsafe with the stock driveshaft (can't handle the speed or extra horsepower).

2:can anyone recomend someone who could convert to right hand drive in the states that does quality work. this is priced over $30000 in Oz . A 2008 basic GT is $115000.00 here ( ok now get off the floor). $185k for a GT500 ( Ok sorry get up again you'll be alright) At 20k for base model v6 Im sure I can do it cheaper myself

Talk to Aussie67. He has a GT500 and a GT that he wants to bring back home.

3:On the shelby site the CS6 side stripes have a snake but all the others have CS logo?

The 1st prototype had a snake. Ford made them remove it (confusion with the GT500 or so they said).

4:If I do this it's going to cost me 100k + so I want to get it right Im still a little ways off but have decided to go for it so will start planning now.

5: How much does a new King of the road cost over there?

Guessing $100-150k after ADM?

6: Has anyone done a CS6 in Grabber orange and black striping?

Shelby will only supply stripes in Silver unless you have a yellow or silver car, then they come in dark grey. You might be able to talk them into dark grey stripes with an orange car?

Any help would be appreciated and thanks Paolic for your help before but i havwe misplaced the paperwork and cannot find the old post.

Galvo

Thanks guys

And sorry Paleoc for the spelling error.

I have a lot of leg work to do and will let you know how I go with regards to importing and so on.

But this is the beast that is competing with the stang.

Have you guys had a look at GM's new beast that is actually a holden Commodore from Oz. Heres a pic of HSV R8 (holden special vehicle)

GM calls there standard a G8 different styling to the Ozzie beast but I reckon the ozzie beast is the nicest 4 door Ive seen go here and build yourself one , its fun and can give you some good colour schemes to play with, these are really nicely specced up cars and the interiors are sensational.

http://www.hsv.com.au/index.asp

Galvo

Archived