TEAM SHELBY FORUM

40th Take off Parts, Need Some Advice!

Hey,

I really hate to tell you this, but you will NEVER sell them if you remotely want to charge what new rims and tires cost from FORD! I received over 200 emails from people wanting all my parts, and trust me, NOONE is willing to pay for more than they can get it elsewhere for cheaper.....People sent me examples with their emails and so forth! I thought I did well selling my tires for 800 plus 220 for shipping!

You can definitely try , but I would suspect you will be keeping them for a long time!

The only parts i have left are the supercharger and shifter! I have made back 2500 so far!

JW

Sorry I think you miss understood me. I'm not looking to sell my parts because I do not have them. My initial plans were to just keep my parts once they were returned, but all but my wheels were lost by UPS. I know I'm not going to get my parts back and if I did they would be trashed. So I'm not looking for replacements. I decided its probably no need for me to have them anyhow because I'm never going to change it back to original. But I do want the monetary value for my parts. I paid Ford Prices for those parts, so I want UPS to pay me close to Ford prices. They insure $25 per pound, so they insured my shipment for $14,250. I think $6,000 for my parts should be a steal then.

Yeah I agree.... There is NO way I would buy used when I can go buy brand new for $200 less.

Sorry I think you miss understood me. I'm not looking to sell my parts because I do not have them. My initial plans were to just keep my parts once they were returned, but all but my wheels were lost by UPS. I know I'm not going to get my parts back and if I did they would be trashed. So I'm not looking for replacements. I decided its probably no need for me to have them anyhow because I'm never going to change it back to original. But I do want the monetary value for my parts. I paid Ford Prices for those parts, so I want UPS to pay me close to Ford prices. They insure $25 per pound, so they insured my shipment for $14,250. I think $6,000 for my parts should be a steal then.

Yeah I agree.... There is NO way I would buy used when I can go buy brand new for $200 less.

LOL, YEP, I misunderstood! My apologies!

How did you get your shipment insured? I SPECIFICALLY asked ADRIENNE MANY TIMES about Insurance, and she swore up and down that UPS does not insure freight?

Thanks

JW

I got my car back today and the Shelby Letters were in the console. The car looks very good.

I've filed a claim with UPS for $700 for the 3 wheels that are damaged. I figured thats enough to buy 3 wheels and have them mounted. Hopefully the claim is honored. Maybe SAI will do something about the items, I hope so.

Chris

Archived