TEAM SHELBY FORUM

40th Take off Parts, Need Some Advice!

I received my take off parts from SAI today. What I received was a pile of junk! One of my wheels had fell off of the pallet (they were just sitting on it, not secured or protected). Here is what my door sill plates look like now.

takeoffpartsdamage006.jpg

My rockers look like this now. And that is exactly how the box looked when it arrived. There is no packing and the rockers were in there with all the suspension parts.

takeoffpartsdamage014.jpg

One of the mufflers had evacuated the box or should I say the remains of the box, it was laying on the floor of the truck. There was no packing and all this stuff is scratched up. I would like all my stuff to look like it had 2K miles on it. How about some packing!

takeoffpartsdamage013.jpg

The Shelby letters are gone. I think it was all pilfered also.

takeoffpartsdamage012.jpg

Three items missing from this package.

takeoffpartsdamage007.jpg

A close up of the rockers.

takeoffpartsdamage011.jpg

I'm not sure what happened to this and is this the only one that should be here.

takeoffpartsdamage024.jpg

And with my wheels not being secured and thrown back on the pallet only God knows how many times all look like this now. This spot is the worst of the 20 or so damaged spots leave my wheels looking like this now.

takeoffpartsdamage029.jpg

I made the driver make not of the issues and call it in on the spot. I have also contacted SAI. What are my best courses of action to get my parts replaced. I'm an original freek and really wanted all of this stuff to be in tact and stored for whoever ends up with this car down the road one day. Hopefully one of my kids.

Please advise me on the actions that I should take to resolve this.

I feel sick!

Chris

WOW. I'm missing my hood vents and sill plates, and my wheels are scratched, but nothing like your stuff.

Couple things - I think the front cobra gets reused for the new 40th badge. Also - I think some of the new Shelby caps are slipped over the orignal caps.

WOW. I'm missing my hood vents and sill plates, and my wheels are scratched, but nothing like your stuff.

Couple things - I think the front cobra gets reused for the new 40th badge. Also - I think some the new Shelby caps are slipped over the orignal caps.

I thought that might be the case with the cobra. Dont know about the letters. And now that you mention it my hood vents are not here either.

Did you take any action or your issues?

Chris

I thought that might be the case with the cobra. Dont know about the letters. And now that you mention it my hood vents are not here either.

Chris

WOW,

HOLY SH$T....

My parts were in great shape when they came! HOWEVER, I am MISSING, the Heat Exchangers, Faux Gas Cap, Shelby letters and the SVT sill plates! They never even made it on the pallete, as I made SAI take pictures of the Wrapped parts and palette prior to being shipped out to me.....They arrived exactly as they left! My stuff was all boxed up seperately, the rockers, spiltter, sway bars, springs, shocks, struts, supercharger, etc.......

I sent adrienne an email last week and have heard nothing back, I left her a voicemail today, so will give her till the end of the week to get back to me, with something or someone else to speak with.....

See what SAI has to say about the parts, and then get your attorney involved if not resolved to your satisfaction!

JW

WOW,

HOLY SH$T....

My parts were in great shape when they came! HOWEVER, I am MISSING, the Heat Exchangers, Faux Gas Cap, Shelby letters and the SVT sill plates! They never even made it on the pallete, as I made SAI take pictures of the Wrapped parts and palette prior to being shipped out to me.....They arrived exactly as they left! My stuff was all boxed up seperately, the rockers, spiltter, sway bars, springs, shocks, struts, supercharger, etc.......

I sent adrienne an email last week and have heard nothing back, I left her a voicemail today, so will give her till the end of the week to get back to me, with something or someone else to speak with.....

See what SAI has to say about the parts, and then get your attorney involved if not resolved to your satisfaction!

JW

The stock faux gas cap never gets removed - the 40th ring is applied to it. Sometimes the SHELBY letters get messed up when they remove them - though do I have mine.

Chris

The sill plates and hood vents, no - I haven't mentioned those to SAI yet. I had more serious Razor wheel problems, a couple paint nicks, and my antenna was missing - all of which SAI is taking car of. I just received the new wheels, they sent me the antenna immediately, and agreed to fix the nicks. There really hasn't been too much difficulty getting things done - it's just a matter of making the call. I'm just surprised there isn't more care taken given the premium we have all paid.

WOW,

HOLY SH$T....

JW

I assume I'm missing the heat exchangers too.

I contacted Adrienne and she said she'd see what she could do and have my emails forwarded to the right places. I want to know what was the declared value and what insurance applies.

The worst part is I paid $500 for the shipping service.

Chris

I assume I'm missing the heat exchangers too.

I contacted Adrienne and she said she'd see what she could do and have my emails forwarded to the right places. I want to know what was the declared value and what insurance applies.

The worst part is I paid $500 for the shipping service.

Chris

Chris,

There have been some issues with the shipping of the take off parts being damaged or missing. To be fair, some items like the hood vents, sill plates, and Shelby lettering could easily be damaged when they are removed and therefore discarded. I think most folks get their issues resolved whey they contact SAI.

It's interesting that many people like you want to keep all the original take off parts to pass on with the car. Some people like me want to get rid of everything. My logic is that I have a documented 1 of 500 Shelby registered car versus 1 of 10,800 Shelby GT500's. I'm never going to put this car back to original and I can't imagine anyone who would own the car wanting to do that. I appreciate your diligence in documenting your car and you have a fair beef. As a sidebar, had one issue with a major paint chip and it was immediately resolved.

I hope everything works out for you. Keep us posted.

Chris,

There have been some issues with the shipping of the take off parts being damaged or missing. To be fair, some items like the hood vents, sill plates, and Shelby lettering could easily be damaged when they are removed and therefore discarded. I think most folks get their issues resolved whey they contact SAI.

It's interesting that many people like you want to keep all the original take off parts to pass on with the car. Some people like me want to get rid of everything. My logic is that I have a documented 1 of 500 Shelby registered car versus 1 of 10,800 Shelby GT500's. I'm never going to put this car back to original and I can't imagine anyone who would own the car wanting to do that. I appreciate your diligence in documenting your car and you have a fair beef. As a sidebar, had one issue with a major paint chip and it was immediately resolved.

I hope everything works out for you. Keep us posted.

I hope everything works out too. I understand what your saying about the parts and I agree. I will never put them back on either. I am into originality though. All my cars are very original and I keep everything I can. Some of the cars have more value because of that.

I'm most upset with the wheels. The rockers are just plastic. The suspension and exhaust go under the car. What if I wanted to sell this stuff to recoup some of the cost. Those wheels are not worth 50% of what I could have gotten for them now. Down the road 40 years, these pieces with inspection marks and assembly marks are going to be worth some money. There are many different angles to this.

I just can't believe that since I did not call and make demands (should have) that my property was not handled in a professional manner. It looks to me like its up to the installers to deal with the Take Off Parts and no one is really in charge of getting this stuff ready to ship. It was all just tossed into the boxes that the purchased items came out of and set on a pallet. Not good enough for a $13000 agreement!

I'm not down on SAI. I just hope they fix the problem in T.O.P. shipping and compensate me for my loses which are ligit. Hopefully they have a declared value and or insurance with UPS. I feel the wheels are the fault of UPS and the rest is the responsibility of SAI for not using common sense when it comes to packaging.

The sill plates were not damaged during removal. If you look close at the pictures they are bent exactly alike. They were stuck together one on top of the other in a box with a bunch of loose nuts and bolts and the lug nuts. They were bent in the box stuck together exactly the same.

Thanks and I'll keep you posted.

Chris

The stock faux gas cap never gets removed - the 40th ring is applied to it. Sometimes the SHELBY letters get messed up when they remove them - though do I have mine.

UH,

Hate to tell you this, but I had NO ring around my Faux Gas Cap, I had a completely different one! Here are the pictures!

IMG_0816.jpg

IMG_0815.jpg

IMG_0814.jpg

IMG_0813.jpg

What does yours look like?

Well, LIke I said, I will continue calling SAI every day until I get some answers......

JW

Please keep us posted. I only received my 4 wheels and they arrived all scratched up. That was March 25th and I am still in battles with UPS about it. They are being very reluctant to do anything to help me. They claim because I signed for the wheels they can not help me. Yet at the time I told the drive that I was missing parts, and he informed me that they should be coming on another truck because the pallet broke. As for SAI it took me about a month of me doing research to get a fairly complete list of the take off parts. I found that SAI's standard list of parts was missing items or had parts from the power increase package. When asked many times about a shipment invoice, the topic was completely ignored. I would recommend trying to talk to someone other than Adrienne, because she tended be not that much of a help. Dave is the supervisor of Shipping but good luck getting a hold of him. I found Jared to be very helpful and was able to actually get a hold of him on the phone.

If you wish I could send you my list of parts and prices. Just PM me. From the looks of your pictures, I have to add some more.

For the hood vents I was told that they take them off, modify them, and put them back on. I don't know how much I believe this since they have a completely different finish than the original and they show no signs of modification.

The Cobra, I was surprised you got any back. I was told that they just add the 40th badge to them all.

I was also told that the Faux Cap was just placed over top. I will have to seriously look at that and make sure.

I was told that the engine fluid caps are all replaced. None of them are covers.

I was surprised that you have the original door locks. I was told that they were just covers.

Did you receive the cover for your arm rest? I was told that its just a cover, but when I look at mine it looks as if the who top was replaced.

From the list I have now, it comes to just under $6,000 but that is with the brake system upgrade. I wish you luck and hope you are more successful then I and many others have been. An option to possible look into is notifying your auto insurance. I believe its going to be my next step.

UH,

Hate to tell you this, but I had NO ring around my Faux Gas Cap, I had a completely different one! Here are the pictures!

Looking at your pictures, you can see a little ridge, as if there is some cap over it.

Ring.jpg

Also if you look at the back of the Faux Cap you can make out the outline of the word FORD as it is on the original.

IMG_0815.jpg

I didn't think that they had left the original on either, but from your pictures I think they do now. Thanks Sky.

GT500_Grad

Grad - you beat me to it. You're exactly right.

Sky - another thing you could check to prove to yourself - look at the snake and the black background. Now run your finger nail around and underneath the 40th ring. You'll detect a little separation. The ring is simply double-sided taped on to the existing faux gas cap.

It is a simple, easy and cheap solution. But unique.

I had a very similar experience and am fairly convinced I didn't receive my OEM parts, but rather someone else's with higher mileage. The returned parts look similar to the photos posted and yet my car was delivered by railcar to SAI directly from Detroit. Yeah...I know that sick feeling.

Looking at your pictures, you can see a little ridge, as if there is some cap over it.

Ring.jpg

Also if you look at the back of the Faux Cap you can make out the outline of the word FORD as it is on the original.

IMG_0815.jpg

I didn't think that they had left the original on either, but from your pictures I think they do now. Thanks Sky.

GT500_Grad

AHHHHHH, I see what your saying now! THANK YOU! Adrienne had sent me an email this am telling me the same thing, but I was not quite understanding it!

Makes Sense Now.....Regardless, I have to send it back to SAI because when I stuck it back on the car ( It was almost falling off when i got back home to phoenix from SAI) that I pushed a little to hard to try to make the new tape i put on stick and made some finger indentations in the aluminum....

Thanks guys.

JW

AHHHHHH, I see what your saying now! THANK YOU! Adrienne had sent me an email this am telling me the same thing, but I was not quite understanding it!

Makes Sense Now.....Regardless, I have to send it back to SAI because when I stuck it back on the car ( It was almost falling off when i got back home to phoenix from SAI) that I pushed a little to hard to try to make the new tape i put on stick and made some finger indentations in the aluminum....

Thanks guys.

JW

:doh:

Thanks guys.

JW

JW - certainly sticky tape isn't the only thing holding the faux cap on the truck lid. Do those two pegs also act to secure the cap?

JW - certainly sticky tape isn't the only thing holding the faux cap on the truck lid. Do those two pegs also act to secure the cap?

Well, In THEORY yes, However, if you see them in person and placed the cap on the car without tape, you would understand what I am talking about....I think the clips could stand some revision so that they actually spring out a little more to hold in place......

JW

maybe my approach is a little over kill but I am going to sai this month as my car is ready

first I want to drive the car and inspect it myself

I'm taking an empty suitcase with duffle bag inside, bubble wrap, duct tape etc. packing small parts and bringing them home

medium parts I hope to put in duffle bag and put in the trunk of the car

las vegas is the largest convention city on the planet and thier are companies that will be happy to crate some or all of your parts

roadway will pickup about 300 # of parts and deliver 1800 miles for about $300 bucks

I will drive my car to the transport pickup spot in vegas

fly home

I to will probably never need my takeoff parts, but never can be a big word

I have restored some cars and those oem parts can be harder to find than hen's teeth

just my two cents

I did get the driver to not the damage to the obvious parts and write it on the ticket with the claim or refernece number. Then I signed it and got a copy. I told him the wheels were worth $3500. I have no idea what they are worth but he wrote that on the ticket also.

Adrienne has told me that shipping uses packing material and shrink wraps the whole pallet, also said they secure the wheels to the pallet. She also told me she strongly suggests that I file a claim with UPS.

I insisted that SAI be involved with the claim and asked for all documentation. Also asked again for declared value, insurance etc. Awaiting a response.

Chris

I did get the driver to not the damage to the obvious parts and write it on the ticket with the claim or refernece number. Then I signed it and got a copy. I told him the wheels were worth $3500. I have no idea what they are worth but he wrote that on the ticket also.

Adrienne has told me that shipping uses packing material and shrink wraps the whole pallet, also said they secure the wheels to the pallet. She also told me she strongly suggests that I file a claim with UPS.

I insisted that SAI be involved with the claim and asked for all documentation. Also asked again for declared value, insurance etc. Awaiting a response.

Chris

Well, This is inaccurate!

There is NO packing material at all! My tires were NOT secured to the pallet! The only thing that was done was the Shrink Wrap....Take a look at my pictures of the parts as they arrived at my house in the other threads of mine!

On the positive side, My shrink wrap was completely intact, and my parts were in great shape, minuse the sill plates that must have been damaged upon take off, and shelby lettering.....

The tires and rims are NOT worth 3500! You can buy a brand new rim for 150, I sold all 4 tires and rims for 800 plus shipping! I sold the brakes for 600 plus shipping.....

Superchargers are going for about a 1000 on Ebay!

JW

Well i got confirmed to be #610 for the super snake package on my vert. If my parts look like that after they get taken off i will loose my mind. Paying 28 grand to get this package done is not cheap. My car is babied so much it gets polished with a diaper. I realize that they have to do things quick but i would rather the guys in the shop package everything up with care and take a week or 2 extra than seeing the photos at the top. I cant believe the pics!! That is just plain negligence!! Have some respect fella's!!!WOW!!!!

The tires and rims are NOT worth 3500! You can buy a brand new rim for 150, I sold all 4 tires and rims for 800 plus shipping! I sold the brakes for 600 plus shipping.....

Where did you find them for 150? Is that an after market price? I found a Ford MSRP of 446.43. I sent mine out there with about 650 miles on it in perfect condition and I would have a hard time accepting much less than new price. My parts came from Ford and if I was going to use that money to replace my parts, I'm buying them from Ford. I have a total for tires and rims at 2477.72 and I believe the tire price is from tirerack.com.

Where did you find them for 150? Is that an after market price? I found a Ford MSRP of 446.43. I sent mine out there with about 650 miles on it in perfect condition and I would have a hard time accepting much less than new price. My parts came from Ford and if I was going to use that money to replace my parts, I'm buying them from Ford. I have a total for tires and rims at 2477.72 and I believe the tire price is from tirerack.com.

I've seen the wheels for $225 - and the tires under $200.

The OEM wheels are $209 here including shipping:

http://www.buyfordracing.com/shop/product_...ts_id=613cPath=

Here's the MSRP price I found.

http://www.teamfordparts.com/partlocator/i...playCatalogid=0

I've found the front tires for 152 and the rears for 194.

I'm sure I could prob. go out and find the parts for discount prices, but I'm not to worried about finding the cheapest price to save them money. They are already making money on my parts and causing me major headaches. So I'm trying to get all my prices from what Ford would sell them to me for. If anyone from Ford would like to double check my prices, that would be great. I'm not looking to make money off UPS, but I don't want to get cheated on what I paid for either.

Here's the MSRP price I found.

http://www.teamfordparts.com/partlocator/i...playCatalogid=0

I've found the front tires for 152 and the rears for 194.

I'm sure I could prob. go out and find the parts for discount prices, but I'm not to worried about finding the cheapest price to save them money. They are already making money on my parts and causing me major headaches. So I'm trying to get all my prices from what Ford would sell them to me for. If anyone from Ford would like to double check my prices, that would be great. I'm not looking to make money off UPS, but I don't want to get cheated on what I paid for either.

Hey,

I really hate to tell you this, but you will NEVER sell them if you remotely want to charge what new rims and tires cost from FORD! I received over 200 emails from people wanting all my parts, and trust me, NOONE is willing to pay for more than they can get it elsewhere for cheaper.....People sent me examples with their emails and so forth! I thought I did well selling my tires for 800 plus 220 for shipping!

You can definitely try , but I would suspect you will be keeping them for a long time!

The only parts i have left are the supercharger and shifter! I have made back 2500 so far!

JW

Archived