TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Looking For Suspension Upgrade Advice

NCStangFanatic

I just purchased a Saleen supercharger for my 2006 GT with auto tranny. The car is completely stock except for the exhaust and the CAI with tune. As I add the increased HP to the car I also want to improve the handling and stability but I am not sure which way to go. Which suspension parts should I be improving as a result of the incresed HP? Please feel free to share your good and bad experiences as well as brand preferences.

Hi Charles. Here's what I've done so far:

Vortech V2 Supercharger – Intercooled – Installed by DTP Racing in Chesepeake VA - Stage III Comp cams/springs * Diablo dyno-tune by DTP Racing - Ford racing: headers & 4:10 gears * Eibach Sportline Springs * Hawk ceramic brakes * Steeda adjustable UCA * Kazera 18’s – 8.5 f / 9.5 r * BFG KDW’s – 245’s and 285’s * Hurst short throw shifter * Bassani SS Race exhaust * J&M Adj. lower control arms and Panhard Bar * Spydershaft Aluminum Driveshaft.

I may add some relocation brackets and some sub-frame connectors.

Vortech V2 Supercharger – Intercooled – Installed by DTP Racing in Chesepeake VA - Stage III Comp cams/springs * Diablo dyno-tune by DTP Racing - Ford racing: headers & 4:10 gears * Eibach Sportline Springs * Hawk ceramic brakes * Steeda adjustable UCA * Kazera 18’s – 8.5 f / 9.5 r * BFG KDW’s – 245’s and 285’s * Hurst short throw shifter * Bassani SS Race exhaust * J&M Adj. lower control arms and Panhard Bar * Spydershaft Aluminum Driveshaft.

Hey Ruffy, don't forget to tell him about the ballust. :fear:

I forgot to add: Steeda adj tie-rod ends - adj camber plates.

dsc00158ta1.jpg

Tokico D Spec Shocks

Eibach Pro Kit Springs

Steeda Heavy Duty upper strut mounts

BMR Adj Third link

Evo Performance LCA's

Steeda Adj Pan Hard Bar and Brace

Going on this week:

Steeda Front/Rear Sway Bars

Adj front sway bar links

Front Sway Bar Brace

Steeda G Trac Brace

Steeda Strut Tower Brace

Steeda Torque Box Brace

Steeda Adj Rear Sway bar links

Evo 3.5 Inch Alum Drive Shaft

Steeda Triax Shifter with Hurst handle and ball

Future Mods:

Brake Upgrade

Watts Link

ATI Procharger

Car goes in the shop on Thursday Ruf!!! :happy feet:

I'll have all my suspension stuff installed and the drive shaft. I'm thinking of adding a set of shorty headers and CAI to the mix but I haven't decided if I want to spend the extra cash. I'm already spending enough as it is. :drop:

I'll have all my suspension stuff installed and the drive shaft. I'm thinking of adding a set of shorty headers and CAI to the mix but I haven't decided if I want to spend the extra cash. I'm already spending enough as it is. :drop:

Sounds great, Jim. You must be excited! :happy feet:

I wish I would have gone with long tubes instead of shorties. Give it some thought.

• 4 weeks later...

I finally made a decision on the suspension upgrades for my car. I placed the order today and should have them Friday. I still haven't installed the supercharger as I am hoping to gather all of the parts I am looking to upgrade and then have all the work done at once. Below are the suspension parts I have ordered.

Tokico D-Spec Shocks and Struts

Steeda Sport Springs

Steeda Adjustable Panhard Bar

Steeda Heavy Duty Panhard Bar Brace

Steeda Billet Rear Lower Control Arms

Steeda Lower Control Arm Relo Bracket

Steeda Rear Swaybar w/ End Links

Steeda Adjustable Street Upper Control Arm

Steeda Heavy Duty Upper Strut Mounts

Steeda G-Trac Brace

I am now saving money to buy the rest of the parts which include:

Power Slot Rotors (not upgrading rotor size)

Hawk Street Brake Pads

Roush Front Fascia

GT500 Spoiler

Roush Gauge Pods

Aotumeter Gauges for supercharger

Well??

Well??

Still haven't done any thing to the car. Not sure if I'm keeping it. The company I work for just closed two of our sites, coupled with the high gas prices and the economy I might be better off with only two cars.

Man - sorry to hear this. You'll keep the C6? Are you better off keeping the Mustang due to how much you've put into it?

I'd keep the Vette. I still have a loan out on the Mustang. I haven't decided that I'm definitely selling it yet. I just chose to not do any more mods till I get a better feel for what's going on at my job.

Archived