TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 KR Review

As much as I hate to admit it, I agree with the writer. First off the extra cash has more collector value than car value. Second, the changes should have been the base car to start with. I am one of those guys who fails to see the value in the KR, again other than it's collector value. And if that is it, you best bubble wrap and store! Just MHO.

The latest issue of AutoWeek magazine also has an article, and the KR is on the cover. I'm going to add it to my collection (the mag, that is...not the car!).

Edmunds makes a fair appraisal of the KR if you are willing to accept their driving evaluation at face value. 80 grand is pricey and verging on ridiculous. A $7,000 hood on an upgraded 45K dollar car is where they seem to get carried away with this offering. Nearly 10% of the sticker price is consumed by a single body panel. Does that make any sense at all?

There will be pristine KRs for sale in a few years for far less than the current ticketed price as interest shifts to next top of the line SE edition Shelby/Mustang. It is amazing how investment overtones abound with each and every upper level Mustang that is offered.

There must be a huge weight difference to justify a $7k hood.

Archived