TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Grabber Orange loses again!

pitpup

You know... if these dang classic Mustangs would stay home maybe I could win one of these dog gone car shows. Imagine the nerve of some of these people showing up at classic car show with a... well... CLASSIC!

FYI: A '68 Stang took best in show. Here I am with a '73 vert. The Challenger had a 318 but was one of the cleanest Mopars at the show this past Friday here in NJ.

El_Diablo_038.jpg

Oh, of course. Just havin' a little fun. Hey, my trophy is proudly displayed just outside the gates to this park. It's about 50' long and gee, what's the width of an S197 these days? Plus, I get to leave 'trophies' all over town.

Truth is, when I went to this show, it was to SEE the cars. When I found out there was no entry fee, I moved the car from the parking lot to the show lot. On a whim, no less...

Chris, I always enjoy myself. And you're right. I meet some really cool people at these shows and they're always fun to talk to. Hey, I can BUY a trophy... but you can't buy true friends. Not much longer until you become a Brother of Grabber Orange (BOGO), haha.

Say, is it Grabber Orange in here or is it just me? cool_oj.gif

MTC8966: 30 years? I'll be 78. Can I shoot for 20 and we'll call it a day?

Chris: Every time I think about doing a cosmetic change, I look at all the pics I've taken of Diablo and I gotta tell ya. I second guess myself every stinkin' time. Smart money sez to do nothing at this time. The car is so 'clean'. But I like the 10" LeMans on everyone else's rides. Dayum. What to do, what to do.

El_Diablo_024.jpg

Hide the plastic! Hide the checkbook! Hide the cash! :hysterical:

You're right, the car is simply gorgeous right from the factory. You can always make modest modifications to "make her your own" over the course of the next few years. Why rush? She's yours. Enjoy the entire ownership experience, wherever it brings you. Whether it's a daily driver or a weekend warrior, I'm sure you'll appreciate it just as much. Getting the car was the hardest part (at least the wait was!).

Be honest - have you slept in the car yet?

And why isn't your hood and trunk open???

No, but I have let some of my Homies drive it a time or two... As for the hood, she's bone stock underneath. Why mess up the lines of the car to show 'em the missing plenum cover, LOL. (My Homies agree...)

ChubCity.jpg

Nice photoshop work there, Stan!

On the subject of the closed hood, I agree with Stan. You've got nothing to hide or be ashamed of in that respect, but a stock engine bay can't compare with the heavily-modified engine compartment of a pimped out ride. Besides, a raised hood can compromise the car's aesthetic quality; the lines are broken and a portion of the car is obscured from view.

Now, if I enhanced the engine compartment of my Mustang, I'd be sure to display it. But I would close the hood if someone wanted to snap a pic of the car as a whole.

Archived