TEAM SHELBY FORUM

OTTAWA SHOW WAS AN OVERWHELMING SUCCESS

SHELBYCS6

I would just like to advise all Team Shelby members what a tremendous event this Ottawa show turned out to be on Saturday and to thank everyone, especially Mr. Stephane Ritchot for making this a reality.

The event organizers at Sterling Ford pulled out all the stops for this one and although I haven't seen the final numbers there must have been close to 100 vehicles for this inaugural event and the staff,associates and sponsors were all top shelf.

The weather co-operated to the fullest and with the exception of gale force winds for about 20 minutes the remainder was text book perfect.

It was a banner day demonstration of Mustang and Shelby vehicles from conception to present and everything in between.

The presence of Robert and Sharon representing Team Shelby was a great show of support for the future of the CS6/CS8 and other Shelby programs in Canada and was greatly appreciated by all.

Th genuine hospitality of the complete group At Sterling Ford was something that will not be forgotten or easily surpassed by any event organizers in the future and I congratulate Mr. Claude Soucy and Family on holding such a first class event.

The only thing missing from this event was the opportunity to experience a 40th, SS, KR, or Shelby GT so for those of you that own one of these special vehicles or currently have one in the production stage, please consider making the trip to Ottawa next year as I guarantee you won't be disappointed.

We were also very fortunate to spend time with some exceptional individuals and forge some new friendships over the past couple of days which we hope to continue to grow into the future so a quick G'day and Howdy yall......you know who you are...lol...

I'm sure there will be a lot of photos and video posted on this event over the next couple of weeks so take a moment as they are posted and experience these spectacular vehicles from across Canada and the USA and acknowledge their contribution in making this event the success it was.

Again...thank you all very much

Randy

Couldn't agree more... and i have no idea where that wind came from, maybe from Paul's 700+hp Shelby? I can still picture the chairs flying everywhere and Randy saying "god really is a mopar fan!!" :hysterical:

Hopefully everyone made it back okay, can't wait to see the pics! :shift:

Kevin

Yes, I made it home fine....thanks for asking..

The return hose was rubbing on the a/c clutch so I just left it off on the ride home .

After I sprayed the initial oil away with brake part cleaner it didn't leak anymore all the way home.

I'm posting the link for photos separately and I have video footage I'll get to later..

Good morning to all Ford lovers,

I’d like to take a moment to thank you all for making your car show the best debut ever! We had 102 cars total for our first annual show. Yes, you read this right. We will be having this again next year. And with your help, we’ll make it bigger and better!!! The event did achieve my number one goal. Bridging the gap between Shelby owners and Shelby lovers. Making the CS6/8 the latest member of the Shelby family. We do need to bring Super Snakes to the party next year.

I want to thank all of you who drove the distance to help make this a success. Montreal, Quebec City, Toronto, Michigan, Virginia, Sudbury and more to mention. The NCMA (National Capital Mustang Association) was quite happy to meet all of you. Special thanks to Sharon and Robert, from Team Shelby, for supporting this Canadian event. I’m sure they’ll remember how much Canadians, love their Fords and Shelby!!!

With all of the quality cars we had at the show, I would like to offer special thanks to our judges who did an incredible job. Don Roy from Modified Mustangs and Joe DaSilva from DaSilva Racing. Also, we must underline the generosity of American Racing and Astra Hammond for their gifts in the Mustang Trivia. DaSilva Racing for making us pause, time to time, with a purring sound, forcing us to bow.

I do apologize for not being able to thank each of you personally during the show. Every time I started going car to car, something came up taking me away from my deed. In order for me to make this your top yearly event, I welcome you to send me any suggestions you may have.

Again, on behalf of Sterling Ford and the entire Ottawa Shelby enthusiast, thank you! Don’t forget to keep an eye out for the next few Modified Mustangs issues! You never know, you might recognize someone, or ever better, yourself!

Stephane Ritchot Alias: StangMyster

P.S. If you need my ride this summer, I will drive the distance. Just let me know. I would be delighted to meet with you again!

Hi

Try this one will work,at the same time congrats for your trophy Wayne

http://www.montrealmustang.org/forum/index...c=19929&hl=

http://www.montrealmustang.org/forum/index...c=19948&hl=

For a short english story everyone that goes in the Sterling show was very happy and its a very good meet you do

Thanks from Montreal Mustang Club

Mario

Actually the wind only lasted for like 5 minutes. It was kinda wierd. Bright clear day, all of a sudden this huge blast of wind and then it just stops as suddenly as it started.

Event was great as good as any of the many local events I have attended. Particularly amazing since this was their first event.

Archived