TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ground Clearance

Venix

Evening Aussie :) (it's night - almost 11pm).

I've seen quite a few pictures of them lowered and I agree that they do look fantastic lowered. A lot of people talk about the Ebach setup so I'm assuming it must be considered to be one of the better kits. Are Australian and Canadian freeways that bad?

Unfortunately the boat hasn't left yet. The car is sitting at the docks waiting! I can't wait for the next update telling me it has left and is on its way!! :happy feet:

I'm also hoping it leaves verrrrry soon as I want it in the country by the 1st July as luxury car tax goes up then - from 25% to 33% as a result of tonights federal budget.

All these things you have to look forward to when you go back to Brissie :)

Hi Amanda

Yep, compared to the US freeway systems Aussie and Canadian freeways pretty much suck. :hysterical3: Eibach is very well respected for sports suspension, I would say probably the most popular.

Thanks for the wonderful news on the increase in import duties, I hope your car at least arrives before July1 and saves you a few dollars. It is only the difference between 57K and the actual price you paid that you have to pay the luxury tax on though isn't it? Guess it's great to have Labour government back in power........................ (Hope that didn't offend you too much) LOL :hysterical:

Evening Aussie :) (it's night - almost 11pm).

I've seen quite a few pictures of them lowered and I agree that they do look fantastic lowered. A lot of people talk about the Ebach setup so I'm assuming it must be considered to be one of the better kits. Are Australian and Canadian freeways that bad?

Unfortunately the boat hasn't left yet. The car is sitting at the docks waiting! I can't wait for the next update telling me it has left and is on its way!! :happy feet:

I'm also hoping it leaves verrrrry soon as I want it in the country by the 1st July as luxury car tax goes up then - from 25% to 33% as a result of tonights federal budget.

All these things you have to look forward to when you go back to Brissie :)

Hi Amanda

Yep, compared to the US freeway systems Aussie and Canadian freeways pretty much suck. :hysterical3:

Eibach is very well respected for sports suspension, I would say probably the most popular for these cars.

Thanks for the wonderful news on the increase in import duties, I hope your car at least arrives before July1 and saves you a few dollars. It is only the difference between 57K and the actual price you paid that you have to pay the luxury tax on though isn't it? Guess it's great to have Labour government back in power........................ (Hope that didn't offend you too much) LOL :hysterical:

Good luck

Hi Amanda

Yep, compared to the US freeway systems Aussie and Canadian freeways pretty much suck. :hysterical3:

Eibach is very well respected for sports suspension, I would say probably the most popular for these cars.

Good luck

Well if our roads are that bad, I guess having the GT500 here will make for a challenging drive and ride.

Sorry about the news on the LCT. Yes, it does only kick in after a litte over 57k, but it's still more money that's been handed to the government. Apparently we're the only country in the world that has a LCT! Surprise, surprise.

No offence over the Labour comment. I'm not passionate about any political party - I dislike them all :)

Hi Amanda,

Sorry to bust your happiness on luxury car tax but dont forget to add in ...

1. 10% customs import duty...then

2. Freight and insurance costs ..then

3. Goods and Services tax, another 10% and then...

4. Luxury car tax, hopefully for you only 25% of 10/11ths cost above less 57k aud.

and then....

5. Cost of conversion ....ouch. and then....

you will have local registration and stamp duty on total finished value in NSW.

for my car that all adds up to over 50% the original cost of the car....

Lets not forget that to pay for all that in the first place we had to earn the money and thats after

paying the government 49% Tax on all earnings, (well im assuming the top tax rate here !!!!!!!!!)

Gee it really is the "Lucky Country" aint it !!!

hhhmmmmm does anyone have any openings for a slightly used fund manager in the states ???

It makes sense to me. I am in Construction.

The problem is with adding concrete to the transition area. It never wants to stick. It always cracks and falls apart real quick.

The only way to do it right and have it last, is to cut out the area in question, and then pour it back.

I know it's not what you want to hear, but I have been doing this for almost 30 years.

I have to agree with Grabber on this. I had to rebuild my driveway because of this. All of our cars were scraping and my only thought was how much lower my supersnake was going to be. Selfish I know, but we were dealing with it. Cost me 30k to rebuild it :censored:

Hi Amanda,

Sorry to bust your happiness on luxury car tax but dont forget to add in ...

1. 10% customs import duty...then

2. Freight and insurance costs ..then

3. Goods and Services tax, another 10% and then...

4. Luxury car tax, hopefully for you only 25% of 10/11ths cost above less 57k aud.

and then....

5. Cost of conversion ....ouch. and then....

you will have local registration and stamp duty on total finished value in NSW.

for my car that all adds up to over 50% the original cost of the car....

Lets not forget that to pay for all that in the first place we had to earn the money and thats after

paying the government 49% Tax on all earnings, (well im assuming the top tax rate here !!!!!!!!!)

Gee it really is the "Lucky Country" aint it !!!

hhhmmmmm does anyone have any openings for a slightly used fund manager in the states ???

Hi Jason,

Yes...that's right, we're the most taxed country on the planet. No wonder the government has such a fat back pocket. :angry22:

For me it adds up to more than twice the price of the car

I have to agree with Grabber on this. I had to rebuild my driveway because of this. All of our cars were scraping and my only thought was how much lower my supersnake was going to be. Selfish I know, but we were dealing with it. Cost me 30k to rebuild it :censored:

30k?? Wow!! I'm sure you look back at it now though and think it was all worth it. :)

Archived