TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Beginning of my CS6 project

scrapp

This is my CS6 in the beginning stages. I have installed the front fascia and the rear GT500 rear fascia. The Shelby grill with my own lights. New tires, wheels and suspension.

Josh/Indiana

UPDATE

Fixed gap in the upper grill and have new pictures...

post-17836-1212307010.jpg

post-17836-1212307023.jpg

post-17836-1212307038.jpg

post-17836-1212307143.jpg

post-17836-1212307010.jpg

post-17836-1212307023.jpg

post-17836-1212307038.jpg

post-17836-1212307143.jpg

Hi Josh,

Keep us advised as you work on your project. Very nice so far. Jim

Thank you , I like the Shelby GT , but this is as close to that as I will get. It is turning out nicely, the next mod, I think is going to be the side scoops, and the exaust.I enjoy people looking at it when me and my wife are out driving, this it is the only one in my area , which is cool.

• 2 weeks later...

Last night me and my wife went to an local cruise in, just to see what cars would come out and they had an drawing, for the nicest presented ride, and my CS6 car took the prize which was an bag of cleaning supplies and amoral , you can never have enough . It was great seeing people looking at it and asking about it . That makes all the time and money worth it.

scrapp

• 2 weeks later...
This is my CS6 in the beginning stages. I have installed the front fascia and the rear GT500 rear fascia. The Shelby grill with my own lights. New tires, wheels and suspension.

Josh/Indiana

Hey Josh, It's looking good, but what's with the front grille? Is it the grille or the front facia that looks a little buckled? I think the grille opening in the facia seems not to be spread open enough to properly accept the grille. I ran into that with my CS8. I went with a different grille, but I still had to spread the opening out a little bit more.

Also, when it comes to the side scoops, be sure to use the best 3M double-sided tape (the black series). 3M is covering the costs associated with replacing mine since the middle-grade grey series is slowly letting go. 3M acknowledged the job was done right, but as the scoops are solid urethane, they are heavier than a lot of other scoops out there in the aftermarket.

If you have any other installation concerns, feel free to give me a call. I have done all the CS8 body stuff to mine and if all goes well, I'll soon be building 2 CS6's or CS8's for 2 Ford dealers near me.

When you're ready for more, give me a call, I have a pair of scoops in stock and I sell to fellow Club members 5% below the catalog price.

Hey Josh, It's looking good, but what's with the front grille? Is it the grille or the front facia that looks a little buckled? I think the grille opening in the facia seems not to be spread open enough to properly accept the grille. I ran into that with my CS8. I went with a different grille, but I still had to spread the opening out a little bit more.

Also, when it comes to the side scoops, be sure to use the best 3M double-sided tape (the black series). 3M is covering the costs associated with replacing mine since the middle-grade grey series is slowly letting go. 3M acknowledged the job was done right, but as the scoops are solid urethane, they are heavier than a lot of other scoops out there in the aftermarket.

If you have any other installation concerns, feel free to give me a call. I have done all the CS8 body stuff to mine and if all goes well, I'll soon be building 2 CS6's or CS8's for 2 Ford dealers near me.

When you're ready for more, give me a call, I have a pair of scoops in stock and I sell to fellow Club members 5% below the catalog price.

The guy who did the work did not put the foam peace back in under the fascia , and I was getting ancy on getting it back so I Ihave yet to fix that and hook up the lights.If the foam doesnt take care of it, I will screw the two grills together, I did that to the top of the grill, and didnt do the bottom there is an lip on the shelby grill that let me do that.

Thank you. it has take lots of time to get it this far.

Looking good. I just picked up my new Stang a few weeks ago. Do you have any pictures of the rear fascia on your car? I also planned n using that bumper and would like to see it on your car.

I will take an pic of it and have my wife post it . I am not that good with these things.

The guy who did the work did not put the foam peace back in under the fascia , and I was getting ancy on getting it back so I Ihave yet to fix that and hook up the lights.If the foam doesnt take care of it, I will screw the two grills together, I did that to the top of the grill, and didnt do the bottom there is an lip on the shelby grill that let me do that.

Thank you. it has take lots of time to get it this far.

Josh,

What you need is the V-6 foam isolator from your Ford Dealer. They cost about $15 if you do not get your original back. I do not understand why he would have ever taken it off though. If your car is a v-6, that isolator should have worked just fine. It's snug, but it is actually the right shape. As I have the V-8, I had to change over to the V-6 piece. It 's real easy to do yourself. It interlocks into the main bumper foam like a puzzle piece. Of course, you'll have to dismount and re-mount your facia to get to it... but mine didn't require any trimming.

I understand completely about doing what you can afford and doing one piece at-a-time. I have only done the body steps to mine so far, though while I had all the painting going on, I extended a little credit and had the stripes painted on. It will be a while before I get to do any suspension or engine stuff.

Hey, are you going to Tulsa? I will be there, though probably without my car since I cannot find a transport company for less than $3000 round trip.

Archived