TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Paperwork,titles,etc??

Well, I have had my car for just shy of a month now.I just recieved my paperwork from the dealer this week.I recieved the Original title,mileage disclosure statement,Indiana State inspection form.I went to the Michigan secretary of stste to transfer everything and the Mother Truckers took every original piece of documentation I recieved.I requested to get the original title back voided.They laughed at me.I called down to Lansisng and got bounced around from person to person who could'nt answer any of my questions about keeping the original title due to the cars nature.So I gave in and just tranfered it.I did make copys of all of the paperwork I have before I let it go.It makes me angry as one person at the state told me they scan the original into the database then they are shreded.Makes me sick. Do any other of you GT-H owners have the cancelled original title to go along with your car??It just does'nt seem right but laws are laws I guess.

James

Well, I have had my car for just shy of a month now.I just recieved my paperwork from the dealer this week.I recieved the Original title,mileage disclosure statement,Indiana State inspection form.I went to the Michigan secretary of stste to transfer everything and the Mother Truckers took every original piece of documentation I recieved.I requested to get the original title back voided.They laughed at me.I called down to Lansisng and got bounced around from person to person who could'nt answer any of my questions about keeping the original title due to the cars nature.So I gave in and just tranfered it.I did make copys of all of the paperwork I have before I let it go.It makes me angry as one person at the state told me they scan the original into the database then they are shreded.Makes me sick. Do any other of you GT-H owners have the cancelled original title to go along with your car??It just does'nt seem right but laws are laws I guess.

James

Are you referring to the original title showing Hertz as the owner? I purchased mine in December so it's been a while, but as I recall I just had the bill of sale from the dealer. The original California title which showed Hertz as the registered owner was in a folder the dealer gave me with the original title laminated along with the original window sticker, certificate of origin, shelby invoice to Hertz - all laminated. I then registered with Shelby and received their documentation as well. Just curious who did you deal with in Indiana? I also bought mine from a dealer in Indiana.

James

i just have the color copy i made. wish i could have got the original back but no chance.

Same here in Colorado. No way you can get a new title without surrenduring the original title. I did the same thing. I made a perfect color copy and then laminated it.

Same here in California, the original title is taken by the DMV.

While I won't say I have ever done this some folks here in California have "lost" the title and so were unable to turn it over to the DMV people and the funny thing is that they "find" the title later on but by then a replacement title had already been sent.

This does complicate things when you "lose" something as important as the title and it will take time for a replacement title to be issued from the sellers state but it can be done.

Steve

The color copy I got was so good, I almost thought about turning that one in to the Secretary of state. I don't know what the big deal is.I bought a 1968 Chevy truck from the original owner years ago.I wanted to keep the title so they just stamped void accross it right at the branch and let me take it home.I don''t know if if it was because it was old or what but that one was not a big deal.

James

Are you referring to the original title showing Hertz as the owner? I purchased mine in December so it's been a while, but as I recall I just had the bill of sale from the dealer. The original California title which showed Hertz as the registered owner was in a folder the dealer gave me with the original title laminated along with the original window sticker, certificate of origin, shelby invoice to Hertz - all laminated. I then registered with Shelby and received their documentation as well. Just curious who did you deal with in Indiana? I also bought mine from a dealer in Indiana.

I bought Mine from Expressway Ford in Mt.Vernon/Evansville. There is a guy who bought #149 from the same dealer as mine off of Ebay back in January.He is currently selling it on Ebay and the auction ends today.Looks like he might make a few grand on his sale as I used his car as a dickering point as I know what they sold that for on Ebay and used that to get a better deal on mine.It will be interisting to see what the final sale price is as he has all of the paperwork to go along with it.

James

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone tell me exactly what paperwork comes from Hertz. I have been told by my dealer that the Hertz paperwork was lost in transit. I was able to track down the last place it was seen, (bay cities auction California),however i'm now at a stand still. Aparently Hertz does keep copies of all the paperwork and I may have that coming, better than nothing I guess.

My dealer suggested that he could get some paperwork from another car he knows of for sale........but I'm not really interested. I'm sure it must be vin # specific.

Helge,

Can someone tell me exactly what paperwork comes from Hertz. I have been told by my dealer that the Hertz paperwork was lost in transit. I was able to track down the last place it was seen, (bay cities auction California),however i'm now at a stand still. Aparently Hertz does keep copies of all the paperwork and I may have that coming, better than nothing I guess.

My dealer suggested that he could get some paperwork from another car he knows of for sale........but I'm not really interested. I'm sure it must be vin # specific.

Helge,

look under the topic" sai materials just arrived". that will give you what you need it is several pages back 4,5,or 6 from oct. 2007. hope that helps.

Pls send info on how to get paperwork from Hertz.

Had no responses from emails to Hertz.

Thanks, Adriaan

GTH 008

Adriaan please email me over

Vin #

CSM #

Full address

Full Name phone #

as soon as I get it I will get the info to the right people.

Thanks

i need help getting original paper work for #00028. please! thx,dave 480-215-0505

wow great work "hertzworld". i recieved all my stuff thursday. i am impressed on how fast you got this stuff in my hands!. and just how much i recieved... wow even got the original title... I OWE YOU BIG TIME! ...thanx again....dave

Archived