TEAM SHELBY FORUM

07 GT hood SCOOP

There is not one available.

edit - I am referring to the exisiting, original hood scoop in my response; there may be other funtional hood scoops or hoods available.

Yup, der ya go..............the Chip Scoop!

Here you go. See the "Absolute Hood Scoop Final Fix" thread for details.

post-12804-1210612085.jpg

post-12804-1210612097.jpg

What are the odds I could get one for my 2007 GT Premium? I hate the stock scoop and have been looking for a replacement.....What would it cost if I could get it.

No I am not cloning or trying to pass mine off as a SGT. Just like that scoop. The Roush scoop wont cover the holes from the GT Appearance package one.

Thanks.

Gib

....but you will have a problem getting the Shelby GT hood scoop. At least a real one. It is one of the few pieces of the Shelby GT that Shelby Autos isn't going to sell.

There are some options out there. Pick up a 5.0 magazine and flip through the advertisements.

What are the odds I could get one for my 2007 GT Premium? I hate the stock scoop and have been looking for a replacement.....What would it cost if I could get it.

No I am not cloning or trying to pass mine off as a SGT. Just like that scoop. The Roush scoop wont cover the holes from the GT Appearance package one. Thanks.

Gib

Gib,

I appreciate your interest but Heath is only willing to provide a repair on an existing Shelby GT hood scoop. His hood scoop is slightly different in shape and completely different in its construction, materials, and the way it is attached, but it still looks similar to the Shelby GT hood scoop. Heath believes, and I agree, that Shelby Automobiles should be the sole supplier of that hood scoop. Shelby Automobiles will not sell them to anyone who cannot prove they are a Shelby GT owner as they want to prevent cloning and protect their brand. Heath is comfortable repairing a faulty or warped hood scoop for an existing Shelby GT owner, or selling one to a Shelby GT owner that wants to make his scoop functional. He is not willing to just sell the hood scoops as he believes Shelby should be the only supplier of new Shelby hood scoops. Again, thanks for your interest and I hope you can appreciate Heath's stand on this.

Chip

Gib,

I appreciate your interest but Heath is only willing to provide a repair on an existing Shelby GT hood scoop. His hood scoop is slightly different in shape and completely different in its construction, materials, and the way it is attached, but it still looks similar to the Shelby GT hood scoop. Heath believes, and I agree, that Shelby Automobiles should be the sole supplier of that hood scoop. Shelby Automobiles will not sell them to anyone who cannot prove they are a Shelby GT owner as they want to prevent cloning and protect their brand. Heath is comfortable repairing a faulty or warped hood scoop for an existing Shelby GT owner, or selling one to a Shelby GT owner that wants to make his scoop functional. He is not willing to just sell the hood scoops as he believes Shelby should be the only supplier of new Shelby hood scoops. Again, thanks for your interest and I hope you can appreciate Heath's stand on this.

Chip

I completely understand. It never hurts to ask though. I was just inquiring. No big deal.

I can not use the Shaker as it will not cover the holes from the stock GT scoop. Already checked into that one.

Thanks guys.

Gib

I've danced round this issue for awhile and personally I have decided to live w/the scoop as is for now. Shelby has a hell of a good deal offered to SGT owners for the GTH style hood painted and installed, I love that look! Also I am a pretty fair hand with GRP/ fiberglass ( if I can make a type VII U boat I can make a simple hood scoop) I'm going to break out the pattern foam this weekend and give er a go! Nothin to lose really and I can also make it functional (I'm thinking a reverse vent w/baffles for a bit of heat extraction) either way the current scoop isn't awful, so I can live with it until my solution bears fruit.

Where did you see a good deal for SGT owners on GTH hoods complete ? The only thing I have heard was that Amy offered to sell us a unprepped, unpainted hood for a 25% discount. I don't think that's fair price considering all that some of us have gone through over this scoop issue. Even with this discount it would still cost us over $1000 by the time you have it prepped, painted, striped and add the grille.

Archived