TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Front License Plates

How many CANUCKS are still running with one plate Ante-up

One plate here in Nova Scotia........ Even if the law changes, I'm still going with one plate. :rant2:

A plate on the front of a new Shelby= :barf:

One plate here in Nova Scotia........ Even if the law changes, I'm still going with one plate. :rant2:

A plate on the front of a new Shelby= :barf:

I am in Seattle area. Purchased my GT500 Thanksgiving of 2007. Have never installed the front bracket or front plate. So far so good.

Two plates required in British Columbia and likely to stay that way now that police agencies are installing licence plate scanning systems in patrol cars. I read recently that Alberta is considering going back to two plates.

For the most part in B.C., it's areas with large numbers of Traffic Division officers (like metro Vancouver) that see the most enforcement. In more rural areas missing front plates will become an issue if you're stopped for some other infraction or come across a routine alcohol or seat belt check. I carry my front plate in the trunk attached to a low mount bracket I fabricated. It can be on/off in a minute. I have not been stopped to date, but if I am, I will simply state I forgot to put it back on after the last carshow and will re-install it right then and there.

Bob

Two plates required in British Columbia and likely to stay that way now that police agencies are installing licence plate scanning systems in patrol cars. I read recently that Alberta is considering going back to two plates.

For the most part in B.C., it's areas with large numbers of Traffic Division officers (like metro Vancouver) that see the most enforcement. In more rural areas missing front plates will become an issue if you're stopped for some other infraction or come across a routine alcohol or seat belt check. I carry my front plate in the trunk attached to a low mount bracket I fabricated. It can be on/off in a minute. I have not been stopped to date, but if I am, I will simply state I forgot to put it back on after the last carshow and will re-install it right then and there.

Bob

I have the same plan. Keep a plate and bracket I manufactured in the trunk if ever stopped.

I have the same plan. Keep a plate and bracket I manufactured in the trunk if ever stopped.

In Colorado the law states you must have a front plate, but I haven't been stopped yet. Still I would love to know how you fabricated your low mount bracket so I could do the same?

CC

I am in Seattle area. Purchased my GT500 Thanksgiving of 2007. Have never installed the front bracket or front plate. So far so good.

Does the law in the Seattle area require front plates? I'm asking becuase I am driving across the country right now with a destination of Fort Lewis, WA and I never want to put front plates on the car...

Does the law in the Seattle area require front plates? I'm asking becuase I am driving across the country right now with a destination of Fort Lewis, WA and I never want to put front plates on the car...

In Colorado the law states you must have a front plate, but I haven't been stopped yet. Still I would love to know how you fabricated your low mount bracket so I could do the same?

CC

I'll post some pics tomorrow when I get to work. Grabber has the same set up. Not sure if he's had to use it.

I'll post some pics tomorrow when I get to work. Grabber has the same set up. Not sure if he's had to use it.

I have not had to use it....YET.

YET = Your Eligible Too.

It's in my trunk with a allen wrench and a philips screw driver for a quick install.

Here's photos of the unit that MY500SS fabricated. Great craftsmenship. :happy feet:

th_Misc276.jpg

th_Misc275.jpg

th_Misc274.jpg

th_Misc273.jpg

th_Misc272.jpg

th_Misc270.jpg

th_Misc269.jpg

th_Misc267.jpg

i live in Colorado too where 2 plates required.... but i just can't bring myself to do it.

I picked mine up i Sept 2006 and have about 8500 miles on her. haven't been pulled for this issue yet (knock on wood)

i think most cops would agree that if it were their car... they would not do it either. I'll pay the small fine if necessary.

YET = Your Eligible Too.

It's in my trunk with a allen wrench and a philips screw driver for a quick install.

Here's photos of the unit that MY500SS fabricated. Great craftsmenship. :happy feet:

th_Misc276.jpg

th_Misc275.jpg

th_Misc274.jpg

th_Misc273.jpg

th_Misc272.jpg

th_Misc270.jpg

th_Misc269.jpg

th_Misc267.jpg

Any chances of getting some sizes off of that , great looking bracket,. Loks like it would be easy to install. What material is it made off. THANKS

Yes Washinton State requires the front plate but most of the owners I know do not run the plate including me. I have been driving mine for about 6 months now with no pull overs.

However, it is not legal and maybe the quick change bracket is a good idea.

YET = Your Eligible Too.

th_Misc276.jpg

th_Misc275.jpg

th_Misc274.jpg

th_Misc273.jpg

th_Misc272.jpg

th_Misc270.jpg

th_Misc269.jpg

th_Misc267.jpg

Great looking bracket. Is there a chance to see how the license plate fits on it?

I'm interested if available.

I got pulled over Saturday night on the way home from a double header with my son.Funny story,My wife was behind me in her yukon xl with the other kids she calls me on the cell and says Dont speed there is a state trooper behind her trying like hell to get around her to get to me.This went on for about ten miles with the wife running interference,he finally got around her and pulls me over. He comes up and introduses himself with a big smile on his face and says Ive been trying to get you for a few miles ,I say well you can see that I wasnt speeding then,He says I can tell you wanted to though.I said every time I get in it i want to speed.Well I pulled you over for no front plate ,I know its in the truck and I will never put it on ,He says I cant blame you.So we chat some more and talk about the car a little and he gives me a warning.

Saskatchewan only requires one plate, but its only been like this for a year or so.

I got pulled over in my last mustang for not having a front plate and got a $75 ticket, so I went home drilled some holes in the front bumper and mounted the bugger. 1 month later I hear on the news that they are changing the law and front plates are no longer required! Some pissed I was!

Archived