TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010 GT500 with 540HP???

According to MT...

"Our intel had the 500-horsepower, supercharged 5.4-liter V-8 in the Ford Shelby GT500 pegged for a two-year or so life-that being 2007 and 2008, perhaps rolling into '09 depending on how well it sold, and what Shelby's own product plans were. Demand has proven strong, and we can confirm there'll be a Ford built, developed, and produced Shelby GT500 version of the 2010 Mustang."

They go on to say...

"Final powertrain has yet to be decided, but Ford has been testing supercharged versions of the new 5.0-liter V-8 to see whether it makes the horsepower needed. Since Chrysler and GM have potentially bigger horsepower numbers on tap for the Challenger and Camaro, Ford has to be looking at more than 500hp for its flagship Mustang. The upcoming GT500 KR punches out 540 horses, and it's our hunch this could become the standard Shelby powerplant in the short term."

Here's the links to the full article: page-1 and page-2 which talks about more than just the GT500.

I have to say, just from a business perspective, I'd have to agree with them. Further, I would guess the TVS then likely becomes standard equipment on the KR (which should have been from day-1 imo, but I understand why it wasn't too).

Maybe we need a new FORUM SECTION for 2010 mustang (news/rumors?) and possibly one also for the 2010 GT500? :spiteful: Already have one for the 2010 Boss ;)

Dan

good find Dan

i agree there will be a GT500...talk of 6.2L in the stang abounds....personally for myself it is down to the chally vert...camaro vert..and whatever stang vert ford comes up with...i would forgo the verts for gt350 with the 5.0L.....of course...any car like this would not be a daily driver for myself....i waiting to see what detroit comes up with and then make my choice....if price is outa whack as i am very cheap and gas is 5bucks a gallon i may have a honda

...but as time passes, the new CAFE regs grow closer and oil / gas prices are climbing higher, as corporate profits are struggling...these are bound to have an effect on corporate decisions....

True, but they're learning how to use new technologies to make big power and get real good milage when not 'on it.' I guess the next notch-up is 2012 but EcoBoost/GDI/VVT improves milage substantially more than that. It's not out of the question to have 450HP engines that cruise at 28+ mpg within the next 2 years (or sooner). I think hi-po rides are now a durable social fixture ...might change in nature as fuels and energy-sources change tho but some will always want performance and a free-market economy will finds ways to deliver that, imo, regardless the regulations -- but, who knows? :shrug:

Archived