TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Z06 Kills

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Post up your Z06 kills here!!!!

I can't put my hands on the spec sheets for some of the muscle on the street, but it might be interesting to see a spread sheet of 0-60 times and 1/4 times for;

Shelby GT500

Ford GT

C6 vette

ZO6 vette(LS7)

Viper.

I'm thinking of times from reputable sources not "Grannies Day at the Strip" or," AARP Racing News".

Anybody got these handy?

Larry

Those Chevy guys are getting nervous, that is why they are puffing up. We all know the Shelby is the better car :stirpot:

Now thats a JOKE! Have always been an FoMoCo buyers, but after I was :censored: ed by my dealer a went and ordered a vette. Read Car & Driver they even compare the two and the 400hp vette was chosen over the GT500. Anyway no reason for chevy guys to be nervous. They have the better car by far. :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Now thats a JOKE! Have always been an FoMoCo buyers, but after I was :censored: ed by my dealer a went and ordered a vette. Read Car & Driver they even compare the two and the 400hp vette was chosen over the GT500. Anyway no reason for chevy guys to be nervous. They have the better car by far. :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

I know better than to get into this type of discussion, but oh hell, its been a crappy day :doh:

1. Getting screwed by a ford dealer doesn't make a corvette the better car

2. Car & Driver subjective rating system does not make the corvette a better car.

You have to look at what each car offers and compare to your needs and wants. That's it; end of story!!!!!

I am super glad that you like your vette; for the kind of money we're talking about, you'd better.

I actually took my wife down to "try on" a black on black '07 Z06 at a dealer a couple of miles from me. Linda actually took a liking to it. The black Z06 looks awsome, and I have never been partial to black. The bad part is that the vette was loaded, and chevy raised the price by 4-5K for 07. Throw in a 10-15K dealer adm and it was going for around 90K.

I know better than to get into this type of discussion, but oh hell, its been a crappy day :doh:

1. Getting screwed by a ford dealer doesn't make a corvette the better car

2. Car & Driver subjective rating system does not make the corvette a better car.

You have to look at what each car offers and compare to your needs and wants. That's it; end of story!!!!!

I am super glad that you like your vette; for the kind of money we're talking about, you'd better.

I actually took my wife down to "try on" a black on black '07 Z06 at a dealer a couple of miles from me. Linda actually took a liking to it. The black Z06 looks awsome, and I have never been partial to black. The bad part is that the vette was loaded, and chevy raised the price by 4-5K for 07. Throw in a 10-15K dealer adm and it was going for around 90K.

I agree. With all the GM/Ford rivalry aside, the Shelby 1/4 mile is in reality between the C-6 and the ZO-6. As I have said before, I had a C6 (Z-51) package, and have both the Zo6 and the Shelby side by side in my garage. Amazingly they co-exist just fine. I dont think I would try and put a Porsche in there though, there would be a problem. The Shelby is Mustang and the ZO6 is a Corvette. They are both the top dog from each manufacturer and they are both fine cars. :gang:

They are DIFFERENT cars and I can tell you first hand each one has its own traits such as, I like the brake feel of the Shelby much better than the Vette, and clutch for that matter. I can get in and out of the Shelby much easier than the Vette. I like the heads up display and easier to read instruments in the Vette. Again, they are different. I would have a real hard time picking one over the other.

Funny thing is, the Shelby does make the Chevy guys nervous, because they are afraid the Vette will be kicked off the hill. Ford Motor Company has kicked them hard over the years and in some of the buyers minds have done it again. :hysterical:

Lastly, anyone who takes Car and Driver to heart is naive to say the least. They wont and dont give a lot of cars a fair shake. If you Chevy guys dont believe that then read the latest compario with the ZO6, Ferrari and the Porsche. They put the ZO6 last, althought it was clearly the performance leader, for the same reasons they down the Shelby. :rant:

The new Shelby is a Shelby just as much as any other Shelby and this one is the fastest of them. It will easily respond to economical upgrades and will beat the ZO-6 in the quarter, maybe even the top end.

If old Carroll came by the hose and bolted these parts on, then I guess the Shelby would then be the best????:stirpot:

Guest evilchris

How is the Shelby going to kick the Vette off the hill when they aren't even on the same hill?

I'm also curious how the GT500's brakes are better? Ford must have some really good suppliers to get a 3900 pound car with 4 piston fronts and 2 piston rears to outstop a 3100 pound car with 6 piston fronts and 4 piston rears!

I think comparing Vettes to Mustangs is retarded.

The Mustang does not compete for sales with people who buy Corvettes in nearly all cases. The Camaro is the car that has a problem with the Mustang.

I think it will be nearly impossible to get a Mustang to compete with the best Vettes. By compete I mean TOTAL package. When you mod a Mustang, you detract from areas while increasing others. For example, look at Evolution Performance. Skinnies on the front, drag radials on the back, and drag struts. It got faster in the 1/4, but the handling is shot in that configuration.

Besides, who CARES if it beats a Z06 in the 1/4? I sure as hell don't. I'd like to see it out accelerate, out brake, out top speed, and out handle a Z06 all in one configuration. Now THAT would be impressive. Unfortunately no Mustang will ever do that unless it costs at LEAST $75,000.

How is the Shelby going to kick the Vette off the hill when they aren't even on the same hill?

I'm also curious how the GT500's brakes are better? Ford must have some really good suppliers to get a 3900 pound car with 4 piston fronts and 2 piston rears to outstop a 3100 pound car with 6 piston fronts and 4 piston rears!

The Mustang does not compete for sales with people who buy Corvettes in nearly all cases. The Camaro is the car that has a problem with the Mustang.

I think it will be nearly impossible to get a Mustang to compete with the best Vettes. By compete I mean TOTAL package. When you mod a Mustang, you detract from areas while increasing others. For example, look at Evolution Performance. Skinnies on the front, drag radials on the back, and drag struts. It got faster in the 1/4, but the handling is shot in that configuration.

Besides, who CARES if it beats a Z06 in the 1/4? I sure as hell don't. I'd like to see it out accelerate, out brake, out top speed, and out handle a Z06 all in one configuration. Now THAT would be impressive. Unfortunately no Mustang will ever do that unless it costs at LEAST $75,000.

Well, I see I got you to bite. A little over the top perhaps, but a solid hook.

:happy feet:

The hill is the performance hill.

You think a lot of things are retarded, but that's ok, I understand. :doh:

What I said about the brakes was that I like the feel of the brakes in the Shelby better, the Vettes are very sensitive and I have had to nearly scrape someone off my back bumper a few times.

For the street I dont the like the skinny front fat rear look, but if I was drag racing only, that's what I would do. I think there are or will be a lot of mods that wont detract from others, such as exhaust, supercharger upgrade, a little more agressive tune etc. :shift:

As far as the 1/4 mile is concerned, a lot of people do care. There is a lot of potential in the Shelby.

You should take a minute and re read what I said, my main point is both cars are good in their own right, they are different cars. Can you put the wife and two toddlers in the vette, legally of course. :shrug:

Now, where did I put that emotion with the shiny hook on it? :woohoo:

Don't believe everything you read in the "Ragazines". Evans recorded 12.25 stock. With just gears its in the high 11's. I'll take a shelby anyday over my brothers cheap quality new c6 chevy. After all, it is a chevy!!!! lol!!!!!!!!! :hysterical:

And soon we hope there'll be a site somewhere for all those Chevy, er, gentlemen ;) Oh, wait, first they need a car! <lol>

:party:

Oh, btw, C&D is about as anti-Ford a mag as you can get, living in their little world of leather Porsches and manicured finger nails over in Ann Arbor <lol>

And the camaro/mustang double comparo they did was soooo accurate that they couldn't even get the specs exactly right, so they just 'assume' whatever is necessary to make the Camaros come out on top. Did you expect more fromn the brain-dead crew? But it's so 'scientifically' done with their 'professional' modelling tools and dumb-a$$ graphics. Give me a break.

Wonder how much and from who they get paid. Sheesh! :shift:

:)

Maybe he was referring to the blower or turbocharger "whine". Loud is easy - glasspacks. Power is expensive but far more fun. He has a point about RESPECT - when some dude in an Acura TL (or choose your favorite import) at a stoplight realizes the whine he hears coming from my truck isn't a bad bearing but instead, a blower, I can feel their entire attitude toward me change. Priceless stuff... it really is.

I personally prefer it the other way...when they THINK they can take you, but your stealth-quiet exhaust doesn't show the 500 HP. Now that doesn't mean I won't go for aftermarket exhaust...but it won't be for the sound for me...it will be for the power. Waiting for some additional dyno data to see how much they add.

Dave

I personally prefer it the other way...when they THINK they can take you, but your stealth-quiet exhaust doesn't show the 500 HP. Now that doesn't mean I won't go for aftermarket exhaust...but it won't be for the sound for me...it will be for the power. Waiting for some additional dyno data to see how much they add.

Dave

I think you and I are going for about the same thing. It is starting to look like another 100 rwhp will be relatively cheap and easy, and won't result in costly repairs. I want a little more sound, but nothing very intrusive, since I intend to drive the car a lot

also, check for a new PM

John

And soon we hope there'll be a site somewhere for all those Chevy, er, gentlemen ;) Oh, wait, first they need a car! <lol>

:party:

Oh, btw, C&D is about as anti-Ford a mag as you can get, living in their little world of leather Porsches and manicured finger nails over in Ann Arbor <lol>

And the camaro/mustang double comparo they did was soooo accurate that they couldn't even get the specs exactly right, so they just 'assume' whatever is necessary to make the Camaros come out on top. Did you expect more fromn the brain-dead crew? But it's so 'scientifically' done with their 'professional' modelling tools and dumb-a$$ graphics. Give me a break.

Wonder how much and from who they get paid. Sheesh! :shift:

:)

Hello,

This is Car and Driver.

Whats that, you have a new Euro Car, of course its the best, but we need some research money to help us defer the cost of testing, no it's not a bribe, it is meerly to help us get the best results for you. You know it takes a lot of effort to research the Fun to Drive and Got to Have It catagories. After all they are the most important you know. If we don't have the research, we can't evaluate this properly.

Oh, you thought you could just drive the car and see how if performs. Well, I gotta tell you Fritz, that Henry thought the same thing, you see how that's working for him. The Japanese manufactures understand this too and we didn't even have to explain it to them. GM is starting to see it our way too but they're kind of cheap, you get what you pay for you know,

So come with the Brats or live with Facts, (ha-ha). Our account line is XXXXXXX.

Guten Tag and say hi to Dr. Z for us. :party2:

Interesting. Power mods earn respect?

How so?

Is louder faster?

No, was speaking of the 1/4 mile times. Doesnt mater if the car is 2 tenths slower, tne faster car still has to be driven. So, thats what I was speaking of. here is a lot of disrespect for the car based on abslutly nothing. I have seen this before (Boss 429 was treated the same way)

EC, you might want to actually read the posts you are critical of -- carnnut didn't say any of the things you have decided, out of context, to take issue with, I think.

If we all took your posts out of context we could tear your exaggerated statements apart -- but this is a community and there's a big dif betw asking for clarification and shooting at a target created in your own imagination.

You are knowledgeable and that's cool, but somewhere your social skills have gone in an odd direction. Might I guess you're under 45 and not married? Do you see the connection?

Peace, bro. The Mustang isn't a 'Vette and the 'Vette isn't a Mustang. And the camaro will be neither, tho admittedly more of a Mustang competitor. But this is a Mustang enthusiast website and everytime someone mentions some aspect of the Mustang that they feel is 'better' than a 'vette (especially when the poster owns both) is a valid comment in its context.

Personally, the 'Vette will never hold a candle to the GT500 in ease of ingress/egress, comfort and usefull space and 'Vettes can be fragile too -- ask anyone who drives one regularly over rough country roads that the GT500 will happily eat up. So every time you make a pro-active 'vette comment (which probably belongs on the 'vette boards somewhere) we could all also take it out of context and rub your nose in it by refocussing you on how the 'vette doesn't measure up to the GT500. But that would be anti-social since it would pervert the intention of your original post.

Does this make any sense? If so, please allow for some social reciprocity in your from-the-hip assessments of others posts (or at least read them in context) and then we can all :party:;)

My appologies if you think I'm being unfair in my comments, but you do have a way of selectively taking content out of context when it suits your purpose, IMHO.

-Dan

Hello,

This is Car and Driver.

Whats that, you have a new Euro Car, of course its the best, but we need some research money to help us defer the cost of testing, no it's not a bribe, it is meerly to help us get the best results for you. You know it takes a lot of effort to research the Fun to Drive and Got to Have It catagories. After all they are the most important you know. If we don't have the research, we can't evaluate this properly.

Oh, you thought you could just drive the car and see how if performs. Well, I gotta tell you Fritz, that Henry thought the same thing, you see how that's working for him. The Japanese manufactures understand this too and we didn't even have to explain it to them. GM is starting to see it our way too but they're kind of cheap, you get what you pay for you know,

So come with the Brats or live with Facts, (ha-ha). Our account line is XXXXXXX.

Guten Tag and say hi to Dr. Z for us. :party2:

:hysterical: Good one! You're ok, car nut!

I read recently how those Dr.Z commercials are not working -- they're getting low market test scores, but, true executive that he is, they're running the full roll on them anyway! :doh:

Dave

I like your style, Dave (and good humor too!) :cheerleader:

here is a lot of disrespect for the car based on abslutly nothing. I have seen this before (Boss 429 was treated the same way)

Good point, Tim. The Boss 429 was awesome (and a few hundred pounds lighter than the '68/69/'07 GT500 too). For some reason it was picked on a lot. Heck, from the A-pillar forward, there isn't one ounce of steel skin - all glass: hood, facia, fenders. And the potential to kick that motor up further is just unreal! But it was still criticised by some for being labelled a 'Boss' when it wasn't the consumate curve-carver the Boss 302 was, etc.

It was also a great display of Fords "old guard" special programs performance team (which SVO/SVT has direct roots to): Bunkie Knudsen had the full trust and confidence of the senior Ford management team and believed in him to do what he knew needed to be done to make cars like the Boss 429 happen at all (Ford was just as conservative then as now -- it was an uphill struggle then too). John Colettti cut his teeth under Knudsen and was effectively he protogé and look at what all that fine teutalage brought us -- from the Cobras to the Ford GT to the new Mustang! We can only hope HTT now gets the same lattitude he needs to let Ford rule, because I think HTT is a very smart and a talented engineer-manager, but I don't kow we'll ever see a return to the blind 'trusted' approach of the '60s -- and ift we do it will take HTT a couple more 'wins' to earn "trust-me" status. It's a beautiful thing when that happens though. :happy feet:

Ok, for those who haven't figured it out I must explain that this entire thread was started by me as a joke.

Just pokin' fun at the kool-aid drinkers - no harm intended.

Obviously, the GT500 isn't in the same class as the Z06 and the idea of "Z06 kills" by a GT500 are pretty far fetched. Evo Performance's GT500 might beat a Z06 but it probably wouldn't be street legal when it did it.

BTW, noone is more of a Ford (greatest friggin' truck ever made, ever) person than me - well, maybe Bill Ford but only because his last name is Ford.

Interesting discussions in the thread nonetheless (is that really a word?)

Ok, for those who haven't figured it out I must explain that this entire thread was started by me as a joke.

Obviously, the GT500 isn't in the same class as the Z06 and the idea of "Z06 kills" by a GT500 are pretty far fetched. Evo Performance's GT500 might beat a Z06 but it probably wouldn't be street legal when it did it.

BTW, noone is more of a Ford (greatest friggin' truck ever made, ever) person than me - well, maybe Bill Ford but only because his last name is Ford.

we all love a good joke, no really........ :hysterical:

now what were those gps coordinates for your house? :party:

31 and married.

don't let go of her, EC -- she's got to be a sweetheart.

indubitably! :hysterical:

Yeah, and when the Camaro gets it own board they can put up a thread for Fusion Kills

:hysterical2:

we all love a good joke, no really........ :hysterical:

now what were those gps coordinates for your house? :party:

Geez, far to go before I sleep.....far to go before I sleep......far to go before I sleep. Man I just hate those blackouts, I end up this irresistable hunger for dog food. Anyone know what four smokestakes mean, I just can't remember. and Im so tired. :wacko:

Archived