TEAM SHELBY FORUM

It's here!

UltimateGoKart

Ah, yes, options. How forgetful of me. Its a GT Premium with a 5sp manual, 3.55 gears, red/charcoal interior (the red in the pictures is a bit brighter than it is in real life, my camera exaggerates), standard 17" rims (I actually like these better than the other options), IUP, and... I think thats all?

I really am thinking about keeping this car stock. My previous car was a 2000 Pontiac T/A WS6 that I modded out (new Lingenfelter motor, new clutch system, rebuilt tranny, etc...). After sinking a bunch of money into it and basically getting it just the way I wanted it, it was stolen from my parking spot one night and never recovered. Thats when I found out that State Farm will only give you the blue book value of the car, no matter how much you've spent in mods (and I even had all of my receipts)

This experience has really turned me off to modding up the car. Maybe I'll get over it eventually, but for now, stock is good enough. But yeah, going 4 months without a car while I argued with my insurance company and then waited for my Stang to get built and delivered, has made the car that much more enjoyable to drive. Like I'm going to go do right now. :shift:

Thats when I found out that State Farm will only give you the blue book value of the car, no matter how much you've spent in mods (and I even had all of my receipts)

Sorry to hear about your loss. You might consider low-jack for your next car. As far as your stolen car, you must have been lied to or something, the situation may depend on the state. I have State Farm since I was 16 (15 years) with the same agent, and my 2000 Kawasaki ZX9r was stolen, I got the blue book + money for all my mods ie: pipe, jet kit, tinted windshield, euro tail kit, flush mount turn signals, etc. I was anal about saving receipts, and i am glad I did. I could not have sold the bike for what they gave me. Maybe a car is a different case, or maybe I have a really good agent? I did not even have a problem with the claim, even though the bike was stolen in NJ, and I have always had my insurance through Michigan. I was in the military for 8 years, so they don't make you switch, no matter where you live, so I could keep the insurance in Michigan. After I got out of the military, I didn't want to switch it to NJ, too expensive. Hey, I only lived there for like 2 years,,,,,,I will never switch insurance companies since I now am living in Michigan for good probably. Sorry, maybe you need a new agent.

Ah, yes, options. How forgetful of me. Its a GT Premium with a 5sp manual, 3.55 gears, red/charcoal interior (the red in the pictures is a bit brighter than it is in real life, my camera exaggerates), standard 17" rims (I actually like these better than the other options), IUP, and... I think thats all?

I really am thinking about keeping this car stock. My previous car was a 2000 Pontiac T/A WS6 that I modded out (new Lingenfelter motor, new clutch system, rebuilt tranny, etc...). After sinking a bunch of money into it and basically getting it just the way I wanted it, it was stolen from my parking spot one night and never recovered. Thats when I found out that State Farm will only give you the blue book value of the car, no matter how much you've spent in mods (and I even had all of my receipts)

This experience has really turned me off to modding up the car. Maybe I'll get over it eventually, but for now, stock is good enough. But yeah, going 4 months without a car while I argued with my insurance company and then waited for my Stang to get built and delivered, has made the car that much more enjoyable to drive. Like I'm going to go do right now. :shift:

Man that sucks, sorry to hear that. I am also with State Farm and a couple months ago my car trailer was stolen. It was 7 weeks old and I got stung for 15% depreciation on it. Once that happened I looked into the insurance coverage I also discovered that should anything happen to my modified Bullitt I would be in the same boat as you. I did find another option though. Get it appraised and then ask for the "collector" car policy. It will cost a little more but the policy is based on the appraised value. Just don't show them the page with the mods. ;)

Archived