TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I need to Vent.. I hate dealers!!!!

mrdci

Well I finally had a deal worked out with a sales guy in another state. But he was going to check on a few questions (shipping and such) before I finalized the deal. Well It takes him all day to call me back. When he calls me back he says sorry but another dealer bought it off us. I couldn't be more pissed off. It wouldn't bother me as bad if I knew some other guy came in and bought it but now I know some other dealer is just going to add markup on it and make someone pay more.

Sorry to hear about your experience. Definitely sounds like you got the short end of the stick. Don't despair though, there are some good dealers out there too. Have you thought about trying to get one from one of the guys on here? You might want to PM ShelbyDude or Michael Morris. I know a lot of people have bought cars from them and been extremely happy.

Well I finally had a deal worked out with a sales guy in another state. But he was going to check on a few questions (shipping and such) before I finalized the deal. Well It takes him all day to call me back. When he calls me back he says sorry but another dealer bought it off us. I couldn't be more pissed off. It wouldn't bother me as bad if I knew some other guy came in and bought it but now I know some other dealer is just going to add markup on it and make someone pay more.

Was it already sold to another dealer and the sales person just didn't know that or did they actually sell it to a dealer after you agreed on a price?

I can't imagine why a dealer would let another dealer have it over a retail buyer they have ready to buy it. Unless the dealer was paying a premium over what they were going to sell it to you for, which is still bad business on the dealer's part, but there have been many that have done this to people.

Are you stuck on a specific color and/or options? Or are you open to anything as long as it is a good deal?

Was it already sold to another dealer and the sales person just didn't know that or did they actually sell it to a dealer after you agreed on a price?

I can't imagine why a dealer would let another dealer have it over a retail buyer they have ready to buy it. Unless the dealer was paying a premium over what they were going to sell it to you for, which is still bad business on the dealer's part, but there have been many that have done this to people.

Are you stuck on a specific color and/or options? Or are you open to anything as long as it is a good deal?

It was a low mileage 2007. It had all the options I am looking for. Premium interior (including the the red inserts) and shaker 1000. The car was Red with white stripes. So this is the car I've been looking for and I found it at a lets say Just under 40K.

It was a low mileage 2007. It had all the options I am looking for. Premium interior (including the the red inserts) and shaker 1000. The car was Red with white stripes. So this is the car I've been looking for and I found it at a lets say Just under 40K.

For about $5k - $7k more you can find a new 08 with MSRP deals popping up

Know what you mean...

PM me if you are looking for one. I'm not a dealer or salesman, but I'll give you the number to where I bought mine to see if they can help...it's in north Texas.

They were the most reputable dealers I've ever met, period.

Archived